4.0 out of 5 stars Economical Great Option for Citrus Juicing
Customer Video Review     Length:: 3:39 Mins
All around great economical juicer.

Great for juicing all citrus fruits. The only downside is your hand does get sore of you do a lot of juicing, but other than that, its cheap and does the job well.
Published on February 26, 2012 by Kyle

3.0 out of 5 stars Okay Juicer. Works well For Minor Use
I have grown up with citrus trees in the yard and still have a couple in my own yard. I needed a citrus juicer since the motor on a almost new Black and Decker juicer started smoking and turned quickly into trash.

Published on February 5, 2010 by C. Fleischer

3.0 out of 5 stars Okay Juicer. Works well For Minor Use, February 5, 2010
This review is from: Black & Decker CJ625 30-Watt 34-Ounce Citrus Juicer (Kitchen)

THE CONS: So after a decent amount of research, I bought this one. I don't juice too often, but when I do, it is usually a few pounds of citrus. I thought this juicer would be okay for that, and it does works OK with some setbacks. I absolutely hate how fickle the pressure sensor is on this thing. Even with evenly distributed pressure, it will rotate quickly back and forth until you let up. There must be some sort of trick to this, but I would think a juicer wouldn't need tricks. I have also had this juicer get so warm to the touch that I had to stop and let it cool off: obviously you can't do large batches at a time. Only small batches.

THE PROS: Okay, so it was cheap. I wasn't expecting much. It also comes apart easily for cleaning, which is a big plus. It holds a decent amount of liquid and pours well without dribbling. I love that the cord is neatly tucked away in its grooves for storage.

4.0 out of 5 stars Economical Great Option for Citrus Juicing, February 26, 2012
Kyle (Los Angeles, CA) - See all my reviews
Length:: 3:39 Mins

All around great economical juicer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great -- squeezes more lemon juice than a manual juicer., June 2, 2009
I have gone nuts for homemade lemonade. The first batch was made with a manual juicer from half of a 5-lb bag of lemons. I then decided to buy an inexpensive electric juicer, which I used to juice the other half of my lemons. Voila--more juice from the same number of lemons! It will take a while to see any real savings on lemons, but meanwhile the lemonade is fantastic. This machine cleans easily, works well, keeps the seeds out of the juice, and can be adjusted for a little or a lot of pulp in the juice. I didn't try stopping all the pulp, so I can't comment on that. This CJ625 is worth what it costs. Also, the motor kept on working without complaint after 12 half-lemons. I have no complaints either.

1.0 out of 5 stars Worked well until it quit, January 24, 2011
Kathy (Charlotte, NC) - See all my reviews
It worked well squeezing grapefruits for about 4 months. It just quit while I was using it last night, as if the power went off. I usually squeeze 4-8 grapefruits in one session. Maybe I was over-taxing it. I am quite disappointed it doesn't work any more and it doesn't look like the seller will provide a refund or replacement.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for bulk Grapefuits, May 3, 2010
This is my first electric citrus juicer after using a manual juicer for some time, and I love it. I use it almost exclusively for grapefruits, which I get by the bagful and juice for freezing.

It works great, no power issues. What worked the best for me is removing the pulp basket and use it with only the pitcher and the reaming cone, allowing all the pulp to fall directly into the pitcher.

I like all the pulp I can get, so this works great for me. I also like the fact that one can juice a very large amount of grapefruit this way without stopping to switch glasses or clean the pulp basket. You can run them through as fast as you can cut them. Other juicers do not have the option of juicing without the pulp screen in place. For those who do not like pulp, I would think that letting the pulp settle in a large container and straining though a basket strainer would be more efficient.

Finally, the cleanup is ultra simple. Simply rinse off the reamer and pitcher, and you are done.

Even if it does not have an extremely long life, I think the ease and speed of operation make this my favorite.

4.0 out of 5 stars not sure ...., June 17, 2009
Jiri N (San Francisco, CA) - See all my reviews
I have kinda mixed feelings about this juicer. It works but could work better, at the same time I never really used juicer before and for $20 this is bargain.

+ really like the compact size when you store it
+ really like how easy it is to wash it
- the motor could be stronger
- I have really hard time to figure out how hard to press and not to change the rotation
- the top lid does not secure (it just sits on), when I store juice in the fridge I would expect it would lock in

1.0 out of 5 stars Not a quality product, February 17, 2011
I had this juicer for a couple of months and used it once a week. It just stopped working. I do not recommend it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Bargain Citrus Juicer, June 2, 2009
We have a Jack LaLanne Juicer which we have only used for juicing citrus. It works well, but cleaning it takes time. I bought the Black & Decker CJ625 to save time. The CJ625 automatically reverses direction to extract as much juice as possible. The CJ produces as much or more juice than the Jack LaLanne. The automatic reversing action on the CJ is spotty. Sometimes it reverses, and sometimes it does not(reliability?). It is also louder when turning one direction than the other. Both units are fairly loud when juicing. The Jack LaLane gets progressively louder as the blade starts to wear. The CJ requires hand strength to hold the citrus half against the reamer cone. It is easier to drop the halves into the Jack LaLanne shoot (You will need to quarter grapefruit or large oranges to get them into the shoot. It is best to juice one piece at a time and not try to fill the shoot). The CJ is a fraction of the price of the Jack LaLanne. The Jack LaLanne has much better construction. When you have a sharp new blade, the Jack LaLane is faster to juice but takes longer to clean up. The CJ does not have any sharp parts. With a sharp blade, the Jack LaLanne produces fantastic lime zest. You must remove the seeds from lemons or grapefruit if you want to use the zest. The CJ leaves you with the peels and pulp. You can put the peels or unwanted zest down the garbage disposal to leave it smelling "clean and fresh". The unwanted zest from the Jack LaLanne is much easier on the disposal. The replacement blade for the Jack LaLanne costs more than I paid for the CJ. Six weeks after I ordered a replacement blade, I received a post card in the mail that said my order would be delayed for thirty days and that I could cancel the order by returning the card. About a week later, I received an email that the order had been shipped. The CJ has no sharp parts. The juice tastes different. I would describe the juice from the CJ as lighter with more pulp (I juice with the CJ stainer set to maximum pulp. This is not an option on the Jack LaLane). The juice from Jack LaLane seems fuller probably from tiny bits of zest. It is a personal preference, but I prefer the Jack LaLane juice for the fuller flavor. It is easy to assemble and use both units, but the CJ is easier, more intuitive, and faster to assemble and clean up. The CJ comes with the smaller cone nested inside the larger one. The easiest way to separate the two cones is to hold the smaller cone by the stirrer and pop the larger cone off of it. The larger cone seems small for grapefruit or large oranges. The pulp basket on the CJ fills up after juicing four or five lemons or limes. The stirrer then starts pushing the pulp over the edge of the basket onto the counter. The cord storage on the CJ is a nice touch. You can roll out just as much cord as you need to reach the nearest outlet. If you only juice citrus, the Jack LaLane is probably overkill unless you use a lot of zest in your recipes.

3.0 out of 5 stars It juices...but not without waking the dead!, December 25, 2009
I am replacing a Conair juicer that worked for 1 month then it started making noise. Also, the Conair product was poorly designed in that it was top heavy, would move and spill juice from what was "sluice" (it could only juice to a small height glass or container and not strain very well...)
After reading and digesting the reviews here, I went ahead and figured, heck for $19 I'll try anything..I want my juice!!! (if you have had fresh OJ, you KNOW what I mean...who can go back to carton!)
It is a simple device. Nothing fancy. Easy to take apart and pop in dishwasher to clean (top shelf, no heat dry!).
I will be critical that certain citrus oranges (bagged for Juicing) have tiny seeds (pinhead size). These get past the sliding flow limiter and if you don't want them in your glass, you should use a conical strainer.
On first use, it worked well, but wow, is it L-O-U-D! I want to yell at the 4-5 star reviewers here 'ARE YOU DEAF?' You cannot expect to make a surprise breakfast for your lover/spouse without waking them from any sleep! Should have ear plugs! Oh wait, it's made by a tool company (Black & Decker...that owns DeWalt)!
So aside from that one, critical failure of design (I'd pay more if it was quieter) I think this is a cheap replacement for now. It works and I got my juice.
High expectations, check. Inexpensive juicer, check.

1.0 out of 5 stars Quit working within a month!, February 11, 2012
I purchased this product for the purpose of juicing an orange or lemon, not for heavy use. After using it to juice an orange (not every day) for less than three weeks, it quit working. It seems that the motor just died. Up until then, I was mostly satified that it served the purpose, although it was very noisy and not easy to clean (the stainer). I am opting for a manual model.

Black & Decker CJ625 30-Watt 34-Ounce Citrus Juicer
$24.99 $21.00
In stock but may require an extra 1-2 days to process.