5.0 out of 5 stars Always ready to do the job.
I'm prone to tendonitis, and my wrists get sore quickly when I have to drive more than a couple of screws, so having a powered screwdriver is a real help.

Published on June 18, 2008 by Buck Bauer

3.0 out of 5 stars OK for a household screw driver
Not a lot of torque in this screw driver at all, it's a good general driver to have hung in a common area for quick grabbing. You can make really good use of if where you might have easy to drive screws that have a lot of threads. It may be slow but it beats spinning a screw driver forever on long simple screws.
Published 17 months ago by John-e-b

5.0 out of 5 stars Always ready to do the job., June 18, 2008
Buck Bauer (ELDERSBURG, MD USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Black & Decker DP240 Rechargeable 2.4-Volt Direct-Plug Screwdriver (Tools & Home Improvement)

Providing 26 inch-pounds of torque, this DP240 model is a little more powerful than than the AS600, at 20 inch-pounds. A little faster, at 150 vs 130 rpm, and much lighter, at 9.6 ounces vs. 16 ounces (one pound). What convinced me to get this one in spite of its higher price ($22.96 vs. $11.95 here at Amazon) was the fact that I can just plug it into the wall socket and know that it will be charged and ready whenever I need it.

The other model, the AS600, requires four AA alkaline batteries. When they lose power or go dead, I might not have enough fresh ones on hand, and would have to drive to a store and buy some more. The cost of a few sets of batteries will eventually eat up the $11 price difference. I'd rather pay the difference up front, and know that the screwdriver will always be ready for me to use.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great tool, must have for building your own PC, January 24, 2012
I saw this on a youtube video from an earlier model that a guy was building a gaming rig and said why not I'll pick this up. Wow did this ever come in handy!!! It's a great screwdriver but I highly recommend getting the black & decker 31 piece magnetic set for screwdrivers I'll tell you why.

Pros
- Cheap
- Durable
- Built in A/C plug.

Cons
- Tip that comes with it for phillips and flat head is not magnetic
- takes 17 hours for charging for first use.

5.0 out of 5 stars always charged, never lost, September 22, 2008
What I love about this power screw driver is that it plugs right into the outlet. You dont have to worry about trying the find the charger. Its so small that it can stay on an outlet and doesnt look too bulky. It has plenty of power for all the jobs I've done, and its so much nicer than going to the garage to get the huge drill out. Would be a great present for a man or a woman.

3.0 out of 5 stars OK for a household screw driver, March 14, 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Good product..., March 15, 2013
Light weight and easy to use. Great for all the smaller jobs around the house. Perfect for a lady's hand.

5.0 out of 5 stars Rechargeable Screwdriver, February 23, 2013
Excellent product. Does exactly what I bought it for. More torque than I expected from such a small screw driver.

5.0 out of 5 stars Direct plug screwdriver, February 10, 2013
It's great to be able to plug this in directly so it's always charged. I don't have to worry about keeping track of the charge.

3.0 out of 5 stars OK but weak, iffy button, no clip, November 14, 2012
J. M. Saltzman (San Francisco, CA) - See all my reviews
It's a weak driver with no speed control and an awkward (to me) sliding button for forward and reverse. The button needs to be pressed very hard, and the ridge on the button is uncomfortable.

I'd like the button closer to the tip, or another button. The balance is good enough to hold it there, but I can't turn it on.

A clip for holding the bit one would be useful. I quickly found myself using a bit of my own, misplacing the double-ended bit it comes with.

I've tried to like this, using it for ~2 months now, but I'm disappointed. Hopefully it will prove itself in the long run, but it does not instill confidence: under even a little load, with a full charge, it sounds like it's about to give up.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for small jobs around the house, August 6, 2013
Love this driver for small projects . Keep it in garage & it keeps me from going to the workshop to fix small items that need repair.

5.0 out of 5 stars Black & Decker, July 12, 2013
It is very good.
It is not powered by battery.

It is used by other people now therefore I would write again..

Rate and Discover Movies