4.0 out of 5 stars Great little oven if you understand how to use it.
I also have the FC150R and it looks identical to this. Paid $70 locally.

If you think this will replace your oven or your microwave, you're wrong. It will replace your toaster oven. It does one heck of a job of that, though.

Published on February 19, 2009 by Hugh

3.0 out of 5 stars An adequate product
Published on March 8, 2010 by Solly

4.0 out of 5 stars Great little oven if you understand how to use it., February 19, 2009
Hugh (Huntington Beach, CA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Black & Decker FC150 InfraWave Speed-Cooking Countertop Oven, Stainless (Kitchen)
I also have the FC150R and it looks identical to this. Paid $70 locally.

I've found that cooking frozen meat items in this thing sometimes leads to burning the tops. I'm trying to learn the settings better and hopefully will adjust for this in the future. Otherwise I've read covering with aluminum foil will prevent the IR waves from burning the top. It's a new way of cooking, so you have to learn how to work with it.

Anything I've cooked that was defrosted cooked up nicely. Thorough heating, crispy or browned outside.

The advertising will tell you its the next great thing and you don't need an oven anymore. Well, not so much. I still use my regular oven to bake things. I use a Microwave/Convection Oven combo to cook frozen foods, etc... (convection is perfect for those) We bought this to replace our ailing toaster oven. Seems like these days they fall into this price range, anyway. This one had better features than the rest.

This oven heats up immediately and cooks FAST. Once you learn how to work it right, it is wonderful. Be prepared to burn some stuff in the beginning. If you keep in mind it will act like a toaster oven on steroids, you'll be fine.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Oven, October 18, 2008
The stainless infrawave oven I recently purchased looks exactly like this one but the model number is FC150R.
Model FC150R works great. I use it for everything from toast to re-heating to baking and broiling. If you are only a family of two, you won't need to use a large oven again. I only use my large oven for keeping foods warm. Model FC150R is fast, efficient, and fun to use.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best toaster oven ever!!, November 9, 2009
THis toaster (actually my second), is the best ever. Once you have had this one with it's very fast toaster and re-heat cycles, you will have no patience for the never ending regular toasters cycles. Very, very fast and efficient. Amazon's prices were the best!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Speed cooking, April 30, 2009
I love this toaster oven. I love it so much, this is my second one. Yes, I believe I wore the last one out but only the control switch~maybe B&D should make replacements for that but they
don't. So why the hype? Pre-heating, gone. Hot house, gone. Waiting to eat after long work day, gone & the biggy, electric bill, lowered!!! If you're a family of one or two, you dont need a conventional oven again. If your family is bigger, you need to cook infra red to save time. Just use the conversion setting, add a couple minutes for good measure and you're ready to eat in half the cooking time. This oven is very versatile & easy to use. It's my latest 'must have' to an easier life!

5.0 out of 5 stars Versatile Oven for Our Family, March 23, 2010
We replaced an older model Black and Decker under-the-counter toaster oven. We are using this as a temporary oven during a kitchen remodel. Here are some features we liked: 1. It's significantly larger than the older model. As such, plan on this as countertop oven. 2. Very impressed with the wide variety of pre-programmed cooking options. A little bit of a learning curve to get used but after a few uses it will be easy. 3. A pull-out crumb tray (Yeah!!) 4. A special handle to remove the hot cooking tray is great. 4. Everything we have baked has come out evenly browned and in less time than a normal oven. We use it every day and have really enjoyed it!

3.0 out of 5 stars An adequate product, March 8, 2010
This is just an adequate product. The first one I received didn't work. One of the heating elements was defective. Checkydeals, however, sent a replacement immediately. So I have to give them high grades. The second one works but it doesn't cook or toast evenly. The items towards the back cook/toast faster than those in the front. Also, it doesn't seem to cook or toast the same from one time to the next given the same settings. I have decided to keep the product but don't believe I would buy another when this one crashes.

4.0 out of 5 stars Not quite a microwave, Not quite a toaster, March 8, 2010
Nice little piece of equipment, though it takes a while to get used to. We've cooked everything from waffles to chicken nuggets to pizza and I have to say it does a fine job. Cooks about twice as fast as a conventional toaster oven but it takes a little getting used to. There are no temperature settings just an interface to choose the type of food you are cooking. We have burnt a few things along the way but now have it pretty much figured out. The only complaint I might have is that it cooks much faster on the top than on the bottom so the food needs to flipped halfway thru.

5.0 out of 5 stars Black & Decker Infrared Oven - Love it!, April 6, 2010
I used to have a Panasonic Infrared that was just terrific, it lasted about 8 years. So I just couldn't bring myself to get a regular toaster oven. When I found this Black & Decker, I tried to research it as best as possible prior to ordering it.
It is even better than the Panasonic. It has so many different features to choose from. You must at least read the manual as much as you can stand! It's important. I do think this is just wonderful and cooks chicken breasts juicy and tender in less time than an oven!

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this oven!, January 4, 2014
I've had one for 5 years now and use it about 5 or 6 times week. The program panel on mine died on my first one after about 2 years. I contacted the company for repair parts, they had me cut off the plug and send it to them..., a week later they sent me a brand new! Did charge me a penny!

Reheated pizza in this bad boy is the best!

The best way to reheat pizza is to moisten the edge crust with water, wrap it in foil, and cook it at the 10 setting without the tray. Remove it on to the tray and let cool for a few minutes. Keep the oven door closed to retain heat. Remove foil from slice of pizza and cook it until the cheese is cooked to your liking. Delicious!

Easier way is to heat up the oven while you are setting your pizza directly on the tray. Again moisten the crust edge, and then cover with foil and hit the 10 setting. Remove the foil the last minute or 2.

2.0 out of 5 stars potential fire hazzard???, December 8, 2013
Bought two of these as gifts....one lasted less than three years.....the other still going on four. Decent quality.
After I purchased I heard of some fire potential and that you should unplug when not in use...so google B&D FC150 and see if thats been remedied
If it wasnt for that....Id give it four stars cause its not in the same league as a Panasonic infrared oven ive had for over 8 years thats working perfectly but unfortunetly has been discontinued...

12/9/13 I just saw that Panasonic just reintroduced the new NP-G110P. I just ordered FOUR of them at $101.99 through Amazon. One ea. for my two children (my son always joked he was gonna steal mine when he moved out...lol)and one for my Mom. If all the B&D FC150 owners who really like their ovens had the Panasonic...they'd understand. I've used both...no comparison! The Panasonic is faster, easier to use and MUCH CHEAPER....and it lasts! I bought the fourth unit cause one day my current NG-G100P (8 yrs old and counting) will die and I dont want a day without it...ITS THAT GOOD!!! Read other reviews on the NP-G110P...genuine enthusiam for an OVEN!!! Think about it!

Rate and Discover Movies