Automotive Deals HPCC Shop Women's Clothing Learn more Discover it Stephen Marley Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Water Sports

on January 10, 2011
I am giving this product 5 stars because it works excellent for the price. But I do need to wear ear plugs if I am going to use it for more than a couple of seconds. If you are looking for something more quiet, this is not for you. However, if you are looking to save money and do a great job and can deal with the noise, then this is for you. The large 8 cup workbowl is perfect for chopping things in together.

One other thing I have to say is the slicer slices pretty thin - thinner than it looks in the picture. I sliced carrots and they were about 1/8 inch in thickness.
55 comments| 493 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 19, 2011
Though this mid-capacity food processor has its drawbacks (please see my review of Black and Decker's 10-cup PowerPro model for the low-down on the unstable suction-cup feet), you certainly can't beat the price--especially if you're considering buying one of those tiny food choppers which hold no more than a few cups and can't take the heat during heavy use. We've owned several of the latter and were always disappointed in that they couldn't even chop well; half the food clung to the sides of the bowl, while that in the middle tended to get pulverized. The blade of an expensive brand's jammed on its flimsy pin stem grinding raisins and was not able to be repaired without returning to the manufacturer. This processor, on the other hand, not only chops but shreds and slices quite decently, with more power and a larger work bowl. We made a cottage cheesecake to test it and the results were pretty smooth. The metal blade did a good job of powdering the grated dry cheese flavoring when blended with the sugar, and the sloped bowl kept the sticky mixture down on the bottom where it should be. The bowl leaked thin liquids under the limit line, however, so we returned it and got the 10-cup model, which has a dough blade for larger bread recipes, two speeds, and a bigger feed tube.
99 comments| 462 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 21, 2011
I have been using this product for about six weeks and I love it. I would have given it 5 stars but the assembly instructions are poorly written causing a number of reviewers, myself included, to encounter operating problems. Fortunately, once you know the procedure, it is so simple. 1) Set bowl on base (leave lid off for now) with its handle pointed in the direction of the power buttons and handle slightly turned to the right of center - no more than half an inch. Once the bowl is in this position and firmly on the base, slide the bowl left toward the center of the two power buttons. You will notice a lip on the front of the base, just above the center between the buttons, on which the handle rests when engaged. This lip has a dot on it into which the spring lock in the bowl handle fits. Slide the bowl handle toward the lip until it engages. 2)Place the chopper blade over the center post spindle (not to be confused with the spindle attachment which accommodates the round shredder/slicer blade)in the center of the bowl. 3)Now put on the lid the same way you positioned the bowl. The food chute on the lid goes toward the back of the base and away from the handle on the bowl. Place it on the bowl a half inch or less off center to the right front. Note that there is a small locking cylinder on the underside of the lid just behind the chute. The metal pin in the top of the chopper blade fits into the lock on the lid. Make sure the chopper pin is inside the lid lock, then slide the lid toward the handle until it slips into place. You can see the spring lock depress through the clear handle of the bowl as the lid engages. Now the lid and bowl are locked onto the base.

When you are finished processing, remove the lid FIRST and then the bowl by reversing the instructions. Slide less than a half inch to the left and lift. This might sound complicated but it truly isn't. You just have to get the hang of it. Remember you must lock the bowl to the base first, then the lid and then remove in the reverse order due to the locking system design. This processor is well worth the price and has performed beautifully for me but there is something about the setup of this appliance that initially struck me as counter-intuitive. Maybe its because the bowl handle and the lid chute are opposite one another. Whatever the problem, once you know how to assemble the parts, it is a beautifully functioning machine. Please remember that you cannot remove the bowl from the base until you disengage the lid lock. You can use the slicing/shredding disc without the chopping blade by slipping the(spindle)adapter over the center post in the bowl.

As mentioned by another reviewer, there is a small space between the bottom of the chute and the inside edge of the lid where food can collect. Just be sure you rinse it right after using when any remaining food can be easily dislodged with a stream of water, a stiff brush or butter knife depending upon the density of the food. This entire appliance cleans up quickly and easily with a little soap and water. And keep in mind that this is NOT a blender so I would not recommend trying to process liquids. I foolishly tried to process ingredients for a quiche and it leaked rather badly. However I have made salsa many times with no leakage so liquids combined with bulk haven't been a problem. Just don't let them sit too long or you will probably have leakage.

As for noise,I expect any kitchen appliance with a motor to produce some sounds so it really hasn't bothered me. It is no more offensive than the blender, dishwasher, vacuum cleaner and sometimes the washer when it is off balance. But I will tell you that I have yet to use anything other than pulse mode. This processor is crazy powerful so unless you are pureeing baby food or making a thick sauce I suggest you use the pulse button, at least until you can judge the power of the machine for your particular purpose.

The suction cup feet on the base are unusually "muscular." Don't think you can slide this baby around your counter because you have to break a strong suction to move it. I think this is a wonderful safety feature for those with toddlers because there is no way they have the strength to pull it off a counter onto their heads. And the locking system which secures together the base, bowl and lid ensures that the bowl won't be dislodged from the base by tiny fingers pulling on the handle.

I am always searching for quality products at a great value and this B & D processor is one of my favorites. I hope my assembly instructions help but if you guys find them confusing just let me know and I will delete this post. Or maybe someone can improve my directions. I would have submitted a video review of assembly which takes about 5 seconds but can't find my camera... A picture is worth a thousand words.

For those of you who are in the market for a sturdy, powerful, simple to use, easily maintained and inexpensive processor, I don't think you can go wrong with this one. It's kind of like a woman, know how the parts work before you expect it to function properly.
1515 comments| 331 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 6, 2011
This was to replace a smaller food processor that broke. It's easy to use and assemble. The suction cups on the bottom can be a little annoying when it comes to moving it around, but it makes up for that in sheer power! It speeds through anything I have fed it so far. I mostly shred veggies and such. It takes care of them in no time making my previous food processor look pathetic. Annihilation! That was what popped into my head the first time I used it. It was actually fun! Love it!
0Comment| 136 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 22, 2011
I really like my new food processor. THe last one I had was over 10 years old and it just died. Never thought I'd get another one that I liked as much but I was wrong. This is excellent.

I use it to make dough, grind my own chicken, chop onions, make cookie dough, etc. It is powerful AND looks good. And for the price, you can't go wrong!

Hopefully, it will last as long as my old Sanyo processor did!
1111 comments| 196 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 23, 2011
I would have given this food processore 5 stars if it were not for two things:

1- They put a very sticky sticker on the blade warning you that it is sharp. The sticker is so hard to remove that you nearly amputate all of your fingers getting it off. (thanks again to all you attorneys out there who constantly create situations like this)

2- There is a small space behind the inlet shoot that jams with food and it is sometime hard to get it out. I use a butter knife. Other than this it is very easy to clean.

The unit is powerful and has done everything I needed it to.
2323 comments| 328 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 1, 2011
After having this food processor in my wish list for months, I saw it at Wal-Mart and bought it on an impulse. I'd never owned a processor before this one so I can't compare it to another, but as a first timer I love it! It does slice thinner than the image shows, but it's such a help in cooking for my family. I use it every chance I get. It is louder than I'd like, but for the price and quality that's something you can deal with.
I wanted to write a review to share a story of how sturdy this little thing actually is because I was very impressed. One of my family members was doing a thorough cleaning of the kitchen and set this machine outside in an open box to get it out of the way. This was almost two months ago. After looking all over and finally giving up, I just happened to find it outside today. It was covered in mud, the bowl was filled with water. The weather over the last two months had ranged from freezing nights to 90-some-degree temperatures, and this guy had been out there, un-sheltered, through it all. Of course, I had to at least try to see if it worked still. I cleaned it up, plugged it in, and it turned on sounding just as good (and loud) as it had on the day I'd bought it. If that doesn't say something for the durability of this product, I don't know what does!
on June 17, 2011
I purchased this product three months ago and started using it yesterday. Immediately when I removed the cup from the unit the stopper in the front of the unit snapped off. Now the unit will not spin. I have contacted B&D customer service repeatedly however they do not respond.
44 comments| 97 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 12, 2015
I like it but the blade was defective. It's supposed to have a hexagonal cut on both sides so you can reverse it. But mine only had a clean hexagonal cut one side. The other side was not cut out correctly and just had a small hole through it. See photo attached. I reported the problem to the company so they put me on a list to get a replacement part. After waiting a while and not getting the part in stock they sent me a whole new unit. Can't complain about that!
review image
on June 3, 2011
I live in a small place so I wanted something that didn't take up too much room. This product is the perfect size! I agree with the fact that it's loud, but it's not so loud it's unbearable. As for the sticker, I guess I was lucky, mine didn't stick to the blade.
I was surprised at the bowl..for a Black & Decker it's not very sturdy. The plastic is kind of thin. Also, on the inside of the lid, there's a gap between where the food goes in and the lip of the lid that's very thin and I've found food gets stuck in there and is difficult to get out, especially for stuff like grating cheese.
The reviewer who said that it slices thin is right..I put a pear in and it came out like pear chips! It's fine with me, if I want thicker slices I'll slice it myself. I was really looking for something to chop vegetables with, and this works fine.
One other neat thing, the power cord curls up in the bottom of the machine, for easy storage.