5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent little kitchen tool!!!
Published on December 24, 2006 by Concerned One

1.0 out of 5 stars poor design
Published on April 11, 2009 by ManangK

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent little kitchen tool!!!, December 24, 2006
This review is from: Black & Decker HC306 1-1/2-Cup One-Touch Electric Chopper (Kitchen)
I got this as a gift from my mother when I moved to my first apartment away from home. She already had one, and loved it. I use mine quite frequently, and makes quick work of dicing onions and peppers for philly steaks or burgers. My brother and father have also since purchased these units. I have had mine going on 5 years now, not a problem with it. great value, good gift for cooks for one or two, who do not need a huge unit to chop stuff.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Little Chopper, November 19, 2009
This is my second little chopper from Black and Decker. The first one chopped away for years doing everything from coffee beans to onions to nuts without a murmur of complaint. It was only after donkey years that I noticed one day that poor thing had become a merry-go-round for food, and concluded that no matter how much the food was enjoying the ride, its time had come, to go. Even so I kept it in the top closet of the kitchen for awhile just out of respect. I got a large clunky "Food Processor" that required moving things to get to and a jet engine mechanic to clean. It stayed in the cupboards between major holidays.
Then I saw this one again and said, "I have Amazon Prime and I'm getting this!" (any excuse in a storm.) It arrived, I started chopping and guess what? It is every bit as good and maybe better than the one I retired!
I love this machine. It can be top shelf dishwasher cleaned-but I don't wash stuff like this in the dishwasher-especially blades-your bladed things will last much longer if done by hand, dried immediately and put away.
I don't have any cons for this chopper-it is one of those things that does not need to be changed. The size is right, the blades are sharp the power is perfect and it really does the job. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this chopper!, August 12, 2007
I've been looking for something like this for years. I used it at a friends house and immediately came home and ordered one. Hers is about ten years old she says. I have a rub/marinade recipe that is made up in a small batch and uses fresh rosemary garlic and mustard and a bit of olive oil, and its not enough for a stick blender, regular blender, or a regular food processor, but this works like a charm! It's a beautiful thing.

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy to use and clean, good for chopping nuts, November 9, 2009
Andrea Polk (Pacific Northwest - USA) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 50 REVIEWER)
I've owned this product for over 2 years now and have found the following to be true.

1. An excellent kitchen tool for chopping walnuts, almonds, pecans, etc..., as long as you don't plan on using it more than 10 times in a row, as the little motor can overheat. Just give it a small rest and you'll not have problems. I use it for my holiday baking (making many batches of cookies with chopped nuts in them...) without a problem.
2. Great chopping tool of onions - so 'no more tears' here!
3. The product works fast, so if you want a coarse chop, a couple pulses of the button should do it.
4. Very easy to put together and use.
5. Just as easy to disassemble and clean.
6. If the container is not seated properly in the locked position, the chopper will not work. The button will not depress, which means 'try it again'.
7. Sometimes items get stuck under the blades and do not get chopped up, so a readjustment of the contents of the container and another quick pulse or two of the machine is needed for complete chopping to occur.

An inexpensive kitchen tool I go back to again and again throughout the year. I like mine and recommend it to others.

1.0 out of 5 stars poor design, April 11, 2009
I have had an older version that still works to this time even after 6 years. Last year I bought a newer version that looked like the one on the photo above, because i was impressed with the older version but was concerned that the blades were getting dull. However, when chopping carrots or even onions, a chunk would, at some point, get trapped between the cover and the top of that blade's central piece, or the blade itself would tend to rise upward due to the effect of the cetrifugal force then would be disengaged from the rotator so the blades stopped rotating. Very frustrating! So I threw the new one away after several days of trying to use it, and put back the old version on my countertop, which to this day I am still using to chop small amounts of veggies (I do have a Cuisinart 11-cup food for bigger amounts and for pureeing). Too bad the new blades would not fit in the old chopper. They don't sell the older version now, which was labeled "Handy Chopper Plus" and has got a bigger switch (another feature that I found better than the round button in the new one).

5.0 out of 5 stars It just keeps on chopping, June 27, 2009
I love my Black & Decker chopper. It is small and convenient and you do not have to pull out a bulky appliance. I use this small chopper for most of my cooking. It is perfect for onions, breadcrumbs, and other items that you may need daily. I would be careful with hard cheeses and make sure that you cut them into smaller sizes. Best of all, it is dishwasher safe. It is a regular in my kitchen.

5.0 out of 5 stars the little kitchen workhorse, November 24, 2007
momonjava (Springfield, VA United States) - See all my reviews
I own an older version of this appliance, which I mainly use for chopping nuts, herbs and sometimes onions. It does a superb job on all these tasks. I like that you can readily control the operation with the pulse button. It's so easy to clean. Best of all, it's still kicking after *fifteen years* of use. I would buy another one in a heartbeat.

5.0 out of 5 stars AWESOME LITTLE CHOPPER, November 9, 2006
Sally Griffith (Kewaunee, Wisconsin USA) - See all my reviews
This little chopper does wonders. It chops nuts and veggies like a much bigger chopper. It's super sturdy. I keep all of my walnuts etc. in the freezer to keep them fresh and this chopper chops the frozen nuts wonderfully. I was leary at first, hanging on to my old crank nut chopper handed down from my husbands mother. It didn't take me long to toss the old one away. I just love this chopper and use it for all my cooking needs. A wonderful purchase at a wonderful price.

1.0 out of 5 stars don't buy this piece of junk, February 26, 2011
I bought this processor to replace the wonderful B&D mini chopper I'd had for over a decade (only because they finally stopped making new blades for it.) I expected similar quality, but was totally disappointed. The blade assembly does not fit snugly in the cup, so it slips around and doesn't chop well. The base cracked within the first few times I used the unit (with no abuse whatsoever). Shortly thereafter the lid cracked too. At one year old, it is completely worthless and I am replacing it (with a cuisinart).

5.0 out of 5 stars WONDERFULL GADGET, December 28, 2007
I AM VERY HAPPY WITH THIS PRODUCTS. IT IS ALL AND MORE THAT I WAS
EXPECTING. I USE IT EVERY TIME I DO COOKING. CUBAN COOKING ALWAYS
HAVE A LOT OF CHOPPED GARLIC, ONION, GREEN PEPPER, PIMENTO AND TOMATOES,
SO IT COMES VERY HANDY EVERY SINGLE DAY. IT IS A WONDERFULL GADGET.
THANKS