Truck Month Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Brett Dennen Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Outdoor Recreation

on June 25, 2009
I bought this drill when we decided to hang new window treatments, and the prospect of driving all those little screws by hand was a daunting one, indeed. This drill/driver easily removed all the screws from the old hardware and inserted the new ones without any difficulty. It has also come in handy for other projects at home and at the office. It's probably not a contractor grade tool, but for medium-duty household use it's just right. So, too, is the price! If you buy this kit (which includes two batteries and a charger), I would also recommend getting B&D's 30-piece "quick change" drill/driver bit set. It allows you to switch drill bits and drivers without having to loosen and tighten the chuck - a real time saver!
on November 26, 2007
This drill does NOT come with a two-port charger as described in the review section, which was a major selling point while searching drills. It says right on the box BDDC180 dual charger included and probably where Amazon got the information for their review. But, you or I would not know this until it arrives at our door. From what I can gather from the pdf manual I found on the BDDC180, only the 14v and 18v models come with the two-port charger, hence the 180 in the model number.
44 comments|31 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 11, 2015
Works fine as long as I keep the batteries well charged. From the get go, the brake would always loosen the chuck when stopping.
I don't use it a lot, however I've had it 4 years now.

_Average Joe
on May 12, 2007
I love this B and D Drill. Not too heavy and not overpowering. My original B and D lasted more than 30 years, but it was time to go cordless.

Easy to handle, and being cordless gives you so much freedom.

The rechargable batteries seem to hold a charge for a really long time.

I should have converted to cordless a long time ago.

This is a very nice tool, especially if you are an apartment dweller like me.
on March 14, 2010
Have used this screwgun a number of times. Carrying case could be a little large to hold battery while attached to unit. Not too much room to hold bit tips, etc. would be nice if it had this. Gun itself is great and operates with no problems. I am satisified with this purchase.
VINE VOICEon January 16, 2010
I looked at a lot of drills and almost bought one of the ones that cost a lot more then the black and decker, but I'm glad I didn't this is a great drill for the money. I've used it for a couple of projects and I'm very happy with the power and the battery life. I've also used a couple different clutch settings and it functions perfectly. I imagine a professional my want a lithium battery for instance but for my use this drill has been more then I need and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it a friend or family member. I haven't had this drill for a long time but so far I'm finding that the battery is holding it charge very well and will two of them I'll never be out of power. I've had only one occasion where I really pushed it (drove many dry wall screws) and one battery was enough.
So if your looking for a good drill for around the house this is great value that will get the job done.
on October 1, 2010
This drill is deceptive in that it has a lot of power for it s 12 volts. I spent 4 hours screwing in 3 inch deck screws and the battery still had plenty of power left and I never even had to use the extra that comes with it. The keyless chuck is a dream to use. Everything about it is first class with smooth operation and plenty of power too. The trigger control is precise and reverse switch and speed switch are well placed. A couple of years ago I was given a Black an Decker product as a present and I had a problem so I called their service dept. They were so helpful and willing to do what ever was needed to fix the problem with no hassle and I didnt even have a receipt as it was a gift. Also they called back a week later to make sure I was pleased. This is a great drill and believe me their service dept is the best there is if you ever need help.
on July 18, 2010
I was leary of purchasing a 12 volt Black & Decker Cordless Drill because I have had other makers that are 12, 18 and 19.2 volt and was very unhappy with these products. I read on-line reviews of this drill and they all seemed to be happy with this home-shop type drill so I purchased the Black & Decker 12 volt model and I am happy to say that it works great. So far I have used it in every application I needed and it has provided the performance I wanted. And, the batteries last a long time, recharge quickly and the drill body is strong and strudy. Good deal for the money paid.
on June 20, 2012
Order arrived on time and was not damaged. Product performs very well, batteries hold charge and offer reasonable service time. Drill has performed well during the past few months, and I am pleased with the product.
on July 5, 2010
I bought this Black and Decker drill/driver from AmazonBlack & Decker HPD12K-2 12-Volt Ni-Cad 3/8-Inch Cordless Drill/Driver Kit for my son for his birthday. I chose this brand for the reputation that it has. Even though it's 'officially' his, I would not hesitate to use it myself, as I am also very familiar with handling power tools. In my opinion, one cannot go too far wrong choosing a Black and Decker tool for whatever need one has for it.