Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it The Jayhawks Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Luxury Beauty Mother's Day Gifts Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer seeso seeso seeso  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing SnS

on October 1, 2010
This is exactly like the original product with my 24 volt Black/Decker weed eater. Ordering from Amazon was over $20 cheaper than ordering it from Black/Decker. Excellent savings.
Anybody with the 24 volt B/D weedeater unable to find the replacement batteries in a local store will be well ahead to buy this product from Amazon.
on July 13, 2012
Not long ago I purchased a string trimmer that uses this type of battery, but found that I could only get through about 2/3 of the trimming around my yard before the battery needed to be recharged. So I bought this battery so I could finish my entire yard at one time. It's made getting the lawn work finished much more efficient.

I also recommend that any of you with string trimmers try the trimmer line that is square rather than the typical round style - huge difference in how well it cuts through heavy growth and how long it lasts before needing to feed out more line.
on March 20, 2013
Hadn't seen the reviews regarding not fitting, and I bought one, and as everyone else stated, the extra "lug" prevented it from going into my Firestorm Drill. Not wanting to void warranty, (two years) and having two old batteries that won't charge, I simply unscrewed the orange top of the old battery and the new battery and switched them. Worked like a charm. No need to dremel. Happy to have my drill back especially at this price. The orange part is not connected to any electronic part of the battery, it is just the slide for your tool. The prongs are part of the battery pack, black part. If I need to get it covered by warranty, I can just swap the top back. If you've tossed your bad battery-you'll have to cut it off.
on January 26, 2011
I used a Dremel tool to grind off the two alignment tabs on the top of the battery so that it would fit on my 18V trimmers & other B&D tools. It works great & it has not damaged any of them. B&D won't even confirm that it is harmful to them. You will need to get a better charger than the one that comes with the tools.
on July 6, 2014
This battery came with my Black and Decker cordless weed eater. I used it, perhaps twice, and because I did not want to over charge the battery waited until I needed it next to charge the battery. Well....it would not take a charge, and the battery is about the same price as the entire package was new. I will NEVER purchase another Black and Decker product and have also concluded that it is much less expensive to purchase a gas powered weed eater or use a corded one with a portable generator. These guys make out like bandits charging $60-90 for a battery that has such a poor useful life!
on March 12, 2014
I have a B & D Drill, Recip. and Circular Saw and the batteries finally died. After doing some research on replacement batteries, due to the cost I nearly decided to just get a new combo set. And then I ran across these cheaper ones. They are described as batteries for a B & D String Trimmer and they do have a tab on top that won't allow you to connect them to a combo set without modification. . But as another reviewer indicated, you can grind/file off the tab, which of course voids the warranty.. Or if you still have the old batteries, you can simply unscrew the tops on both batteries and put the top of the old battery on the new battery. Which is what I did and they work just fine. Just remember to save the tops that you took off the new battery in case you need it for warranty.
on July 11, 2010
It usually takes me two to three days to weed wack the fences at home because of the property size. Now with the additional battery it only takes two days as I trim twice as much each day. Fantastic product and erven better with two batteries for the weed wacker. I'm thinking about buying a third battery. Definately reccomend the battery!
on September 18, 2010
This has been a great expander of our string trimmer. Now, with two units, the whole job can be finished.
on March 13, 2013
I bought this battery after having read some reviews about it being semi-compatible with FireStorm Tools also. They were right....simply grind off the extra lineup guide and it works perfectly and the Firestorm charger works with it also!
on May 1, 2012
Having a second battery as a back up is mandatory with the Black&Deckcer /nst1024 unless you have a pretty small amout of trimming to do. And if you use the "burst" mode at all you may need three batteries. This battery has performed well so far. Only had if for One season so time will tell.