5.0 out of 5 stars Drip-free, smooth ironing
Published 17 months ago by Felting Mom

3.0 out of 5 stars GOOD PRODUCT FOR THE BUDGET CONSCIOUS
First off, I will admit I am a big fan of another competitive big name iron manufacturer. However, I decided to order this iron as a low-cost alternative to vertical steaming. Vertical steaming products are generally (1) large, cumbersome and hard to store; and (2) expensive.

Published 21 months ago by The Rothwells

3.0 out of 5 stars GOOD PRODUCT FOR THE BUDGET CONSCIOUS, January 29, 2013
The Rothwells (Irwin, PA United States) - See all my reviews
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)

Right out of the box, I noticed a big difference in how light weight this iron is compared to what I am used to. Light is not always a benefit with irons because weight makes it a little easier to tackle tough wrinkles when used on an ironing board. However, in this case, the light weight is a definite benefit for vertical steaming.

My first step was to begin filling the water chamber. In my opinion, the chamber is rather hard to fill because the water enters the chamber very slowly. I ended up spilling a lot of water on the outside of the iron.

Once the iron reached temperature, I decided to give it a short 'test drive' on my ironing board. I was pleasantly surprised how easily the iron 'glided.' The nonstick soleplate is effective. However, I did notice that the light weight of the iron required me to make more passes to get the desired result.

Next, I decided to try the vertical steam feature. I would say the feature did an average job for a quick vertical touch up. It certainly can not be compared to the results of a full vertical steamer; but that would not be a fair comparison based on size, weight and especially cost.

In summary, I believe this iron is a good value for the price. However, I do not believe it is the appropriate iron for anyone who does a considerable amount of ironing. It would be necessary for a high volume user to invest a little bit more money. I think this is a great choice for the infrequent user who is budget conscious.

5.0 out of 5 stars Drip-free, smooth ironing, May 18, 2013
Felting Mom (Monterey Peninsula, CA, USA) - See all my reviews
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I am very happy with this iron! I have owned other similar irons that I just had to give away because they dripped and sputtered rather than steamed. This one works the way I want it to. I always need an automatic shut-off for my iron (ever since I drove two hours back home after starting a vacation because I realized that I probably didn't turn my iron off!) and this one does that as well. I can keep it plugged in and a little jiggle of the iron turns it right on and ready to use in a minute. Definitely a keeper!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Steam Iron, January 28, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
My laundry has never looked crisper. I've had a heavy-duty metal iron that I've been using so the first thing I noticed about my new Black and Decker Stream Iron was how light weight it was. My first impression honestly was that light weight was going to equal cheap. Well I have used this iron for a little while now and can say that I am very impressed with it.

I've even retired my old iron to use this one instead. It's so lightweight that it's enjoyable to use and doesn't wear you out to iron a few shirts. The best thing about it is the steam. It steams so much and so well that I sail right through ironing and my laundry had never looked better.

If you're looking for an affordable, lightweight steam iron that does a great job then I think you would be pleased with this one too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value, great egonomics, January 22, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I hadn't owned a usable iron for many years before I ordered this one. (I do own an iron I got back when I was in college, but I've been using it to wax skis for a few decades so it's not really good for clothes any more.) But there comes a time when the last of your permanent press shirts and chinos have lost their permanent press, your favorite sport coat is starting to look like a sock, and and you admit that maybe, just maybe, it wouldn't hurt to run an iron over those trousers before you head out to that party.

B&D has a reputation for good design and good value in tools and kitchen appliances, and this iron is very much in that same mold. It's light, very inexpensive, has two different steaming modes, and really excellent ergonomics- like a swiveling cord attachment that stays out of the way when you're ironing, and rotates up to allow the iron to stand upright. The vertical steam feature lets you use it as a clothing steamer to get wrinkles out of a piece of clothing while it's on a hanger- very handy indeed. For the money, it's hard to beat.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent reasonably priced iron from a trusted brand, February 15, 2013
Swift (Cambridge, UK) - See all my reviews
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Let's face it. Irons for most of us are something that you buy and then forget about. We only 'remember' them, as it were, when they don't do something we want or are annoying or have some other problem.

After a month of use every few days, I am pleased to say that I've run into no problems with this iron and find it to be well designed. Specifically:

- it 'glides' very well. This makes ironing easy.
- it heats up reasonably fast
- the water tank is easy to refill and I can see the quantity remaining easily.
- it's pretty light, but not so light that you don't feel that you don't have enough 'weight' to iron properly.

I did not use the 'vertical steaming' feature so don't know how to rate this. Sorry, I'm clueless and am not sure exactly what 'vertical steaming is.'

For the price, it's a very nice iron.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good Mid-Grade Iron, May 24, 2013
Annmarie (Atlanta, Georgia) - See all my reviews
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The Black and Decke Easy Steam Iron is a good mid-grade iron. It doesn't, however, have some of the features I look for in a higher grade iron. Most notably it is very light-weight and the temperature dial is flimsy. I don't feel confident in it's ability to out last it's more expensive counterparts. If you're on a budget, this iron does the job. I've used it for several months and had zero issues thus far.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cheap and Effective, May 11, 2013
This review is from: Black & Decker IR03V Easy Steam Iron (Misc.)
The price for this iron was great, and the Black and Decker brand has proven it's worth to me in the past. I've been using the iron for several weeks now. It's very easy to use and my clothes are wrinkle-free. No complaints at all, and I would recommend to others.

4.0 out of 5 stars For the price, it's worth it., January 28, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This iron is lightweight and inexpensive. As with all of my reviews I'm comparing cost to quality. No, this isn't the best iron ever made but it doesn't cost that much.

Once you manage to get the water inside, the iron works as advertised. It adjusts the steam to the fabric type selected. The non-stick bottom glides over fabrics.

Personally, I consider this an entry-level iron or for somebody who is on a budget. For the price, you can't beat it.

1.0 out of 5 stars DOESNT WORK, March 10, 2014
This review is from: Black & Decker IR03V Easy Steam Iron (Misc.)
USED IRON FOR THE FIRST TIME, AND WHEN I PICKED IT UP WATER RAN OUT THE BOTTOM, I TRIED IT AGAIN AND THE SAME THING HAPPENED. THIS WAS BRAND NEW. RIGHT OUT THE BOX

1.0 out of 5 stars it is a piece of crap. 1) Difficult to fill because of the way ..., December 12, 2013
This review is from: Black & Decker IR03V Easy Steam Iron (Misc.)
Do not buy, it is a piece of crap.

1) Difficult to fill because of the way the opening for pouring in the water is made. You need a funnel, otherwise you get water all over the outside of the iron. It is hard to see if the water level is up to the max fill line or not because the reservoir is very opaque.

2) Water then proceeds to drip out of the iron where the cord attaches to the iron.

3) Pressing the steam button does nothing about 1/2 the time, the other 1/2 of the time it makes a puff of steam come out.
4) Although it says on the side that the iron is no-drip, it does in fact produce water droplets out the steam holes that cause water spots on my linens.

5) While ironing, the steam isn't constant. It comes and goes. When the steam comes, it lets droplets of water out onto the clothes.

First thing that happened to me was that it dumped a long wet slobber of water on my thanksgiving napkins and caused a stain that didn't go away after drying. I picked it up to look at the hot plate and noticed water dripping down my hand from where the cord comes out, down my hand and puddle on the floor.

What a joke. Black and Decker used to be a good name for appliances, but not any more apparently. Back to the store it goes!

Black & Decker IR03V Easy Steam Iron