Automotive Deals HPCC Shop Women's Clothing Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Segway miniPro

VINE VOICEon January 29, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
First off, I will admit I am a big fan of another competitive big name iron manufacturer. However, I decided to order this iron as a low-cost alternative to vertical steaming. Vertical steaming products are generally (1) large, cumbersome and hard to store; and (2) expensive.

Right out of the box, I noticed a big difference in how light weight this iron is compared to what I am used to. Light is not always a benefit with irons because weight makes it a little easier to tackle tough wrinkles when used on an ironing board. However, in this case, the light weight is a definite benefit for vertical steaming.

My first step was to begin filling the water chamber. In my opinion, the chamber is rather hard to fill because the water enters the chamber very slowly. I ended up spilling a lot of water on the outside of the iron.

Once the iron reached temperature, I decided to give it a short 'test drive' on my ironing board. I was pleasantly surprised how easily the iron 'glided.' The nonstick soleplate is effective. However, I did notice that the light weight of the iron required me to make more passes to get the desired result.

Next, I decided to try the vertical steam feature. I would say the feature did an average job for a quick vertical touch up. It certainly can not be compared to the results of a full vertical steamer; but that would not be a fair comparison based on size, weight and especially cost.

In summary, I believe this iron is a good value for the price. However, I do not believe it is the appropriate iron for anyone who does a considerable amount of ironing. It would be necessary for a high volume user to invest a little bit more money. I think this is a great choice for the infrequent user who is budget conscious.
VINE VOICEon May 18, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I am very happy with this iron! I have owned other similar irons that I just had to give away because they dripped and sputtered rather than steamed. This one works the way I want it to. I always need an automatic shut-off for my iron (ever since I drove two hours back home after starting a vacation because I realized that I probably didn't turn my iron off!) and this one does that as well. I can keep it plugged in and a little jiggle of the iron turns it right on and ready to use in a minute. Definitely a keeper!
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
My laundry has never looked crisper. I've had a heavy-duty metal iron that I've been using so the first thing I noticed about my new Black and Decker Stream Iron was how light weight it was. My first impression honestly was that light weight was going to equal cheap. Well I have used this iron for a little while now and can say that I am very impressed with it.

I've even retired my old iron to use this one instead. It's so lightweight that it's enjoyable to use and doesn't wear you out to iron a few shirts. The best thing about it is the steam. It steams so much and so well that I sail right through ironing and my laundry had never looked better.

If you're looking for an affordable, lightweight steam iron that does a great job then I think you would be pleased with this one too.
on February 15, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Let's face it. Irons for most of us are something that you buy and then forget about. We only 'remember' them, as it were, when they don't do something we want or are annoying or have some other problem.

After a month of use every few days, I am pleased to say that I've run into no problems with this iron and find it to be well designed. Specifically:

- it 'glides' very well. This makes ironing easy.
- it heats up reasonably fast
- the water tank is easy to refill and I can see the quantity remaining easily.
- it's pretty light, but not so light that you don't feel that you don't have enough 'weight' to iron properly.

I did not use the 'vertical steaming' feature so don't know how to rate this. Sorry, I'm clueless and am not sure exactly what 'vertical steaming is.'

For the price, it's a very nice iron.
on May 11, 2013
The price for this iron was great, and the Black and Decker brand has proven it's worth to me in the past. I've been using the iron for several weeks now. It's very easy to use and my clothes are wrinkle-free. No complaints at all, and I would recommend to others.
on October 30, 2014
The so called nonstick soleplate drags and sticks on fabric, the soleplate itself is small, and the handle is not ergonomic. Decided to return this after ironing 2 shirts, it was too much work. Also the iron leaks.
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I hadn't owned a usable iron for many years before I ordered this one. (I do own an iron I got back when I was in college, but I've been using it to wax skis for a few decades so it's not really good for clothes any more.) But there comes a time when the last of your permanent press shirts and chinos have lost their permanent press, your favorite sport coat is starting to look like a sock, and and you admit that maybe, just maybe, it wouldn't hurt to run an iron over those trousers before you head out to that party.

B&D has a reputation for good design and good value in tools and kitchen appliances, and this iron is very much in that same mold. It's light, very inexpensive, has two different steaming modes, and really excellent ergonomics- like a swiveling cord attachment that stays out of the way when you're ironing, and rotates up to allow the iron to stand upright. The vertical steam feature lets you use it as a clothing steamer to get wrinkles out of a piece of clothing while it's on a hanger- very handy indeed. For the money, it's hard to beat.
on August 8, 2014
This worked OK for a year or so, then abruptly stopped heating. I had purchased the same thing before this replacement came. The original leaked water out of the hole where the electrical cord was. I liked the fact that it had no auto shut off, and I like the light weight; so I was disappointed that it did not last longer.
on November 25, 2013
I bought this iron because the reviews were overwhelmingly positive yet I find the temperature settings difficult to understand and it keeps shutting off while ironing. I would return it if I had the time.
The manufacturer commented on the review below
on November 14, 2015
This iron is OK, but not a good iron for heavy wrinkles. It is more of the type you might use in a motel like " Super 8"., not the type you would find in a Hotel. I will be finding a better iron.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse