4.0 out of 5 stars very pleased with this product!
I would like to say how pleased I am with this saw. The feel and weight was perfect. I also liked the power and the ease of control it had. I also liked the feature of the sight line, which made it very easy to see where you are cutting. The added built in storage case for your blades was a plus! Only thing I wished it came with, is a carrying case.
Published on December 2, 2001 by sean kuhn

1.0 out of 5 stars No where near the best
I was expecting a better product from black and decker. It is light and tends to move quiet a bit while using it (leading to not so straight edges). The variable saw speed button is very sensitive and requires a lot of control (and setting it to a fixed speed is rather hard). Overall its not worth buying.
Published on January 3, 2000

1.0 out of 5 stars No where near the best, January 3, 2000
By A Customer
This review is from: Black & Decker JS200 Variable Speed Jigsaw with Sightline (Tools & Home Improvement)

4.0 out of 5 stars very pleased with this product!, December 2, 2001
sean kuhn (Newark, DE USA) - See all my reviews

4.0 out of 5 stars Money's worth, February 19, 2003
R. Schein (Lovelock, Nevada United States) - See all my reviews
I purchased this product at a retail outlet for less than shown here and it came with a nice case and the "quick clamp" blade change system. Compared to the jigsaw that I owned previously, which is now in the yard sale box, this tool is a jewel. The only problem I detect so far is the 45 degree angle cut is only applicable in one direction and you have to be left-handed to cut at that angle. You can't compare this with the one's that cost $150, but for the money you can't beat it!

1.0 out of 5 stars Blade falls out, very frustrating, January 4, 2010
R. Devinney (Silver City, NM) - See all my reviews
This saw almost always loses the blade after just a few strokes. I have tried different blades including Black and Decker but they all come out while cutting.
I have many B&D tools, most of them very good ones including a compound miter saw, a table saw and reciprocating saw. All were very reasonably priced. But I have problems with B&D drill chucks that won't hold a bit, and with this saw that won't hold the blade.
If you are a mild-mannered person who never swears and you are thinking of learning to curse, buy this saw. It will have you cussing like a sailor in no time!

5.0 out of 5 stars great value, September 4, 2003
"mnfvincent" (Huntsville, Al United States) - See all my reviews
This is a great saw with more power than it's price would sudgest. It eats through whatever I feed it with power to spare. It cuts a straight line and has great visibility because of a built in blower. It does tend to make a mess, but, don't they all? Just have a shop-vac handy. The blade storage compartment is convenient but it somehow manages to gather dust. I got it in a kit with a corded 3/8" drill and 1/3 sheet finishing sander.

3.0 out of 5 stars Keep it simple, October 31, 2002
Koji Lyu (The Woodlands, TX USA) - See all my reviews
You can't compare to expensive model like Bosch, but for the price, its a great saw. Cuts straight, blows dust very well.
Needs flat head screw driver to change blade, but it will never come loose while using it.
I have slide the sole plate aft to accmodate the T-shank blades that fits on Bosch. Using nice expensive blade compensates makes the cut easier, smoother and faster.

1.0 out of 5 stars Junk - in TRUE Black & Decker style, June 15, 2012
John W. (Arlington Hts, IL USA) - See all my reviews
This company's products are garbage. Their jigsaws are no exception. I need a jigsaw about once a year. So, I bought a B&D with the quick release blade system. The blade is locked in place when you start, but soon enough it will simply pop out. The blade will be lodged in whatever surface you are trying to cut. REALLY frustrating.

I noticed that if you exert a bit of upward/forward pressure it helps, but it can't be trusted to cut a surface w/o the blade falling out.

Do yourself a HUGE favor, don't buy B&D. I will never buy this brand or SKIL ever, ever again. Both have life cycle designed only to exceed the return policy of the store. It's all trash.

Costs more, but I've bought Dewalt a few times now and they're worth the money. Even bought them used with great success. I have Dewalts several years old, no issues. For decent performance at a good price try Ryobi. Isn't Dewalt, Bosch, or Milwaukee, but it ain't this CRAP.

1.0 out of 5 stars Put your $$ toward something else..., October 30, 2011
I made the mistake of snatching one of these up for a little project I had going... I didn't need anything heavy duty, just a little jigsaw for the occasional weekend project... boy do I regret this purchase.

The thing won't hold a saw-blade to save it's life! I have used many a jigsaw, and followed instructions on installation for this model... no go. I was using the official Black and Decker saw blades as well... terrible. It was unsafe and extremely unsettling to have the blade pop out after just a few strokes.

In addition, the unit feels flimsy and cheap, though if a blade would stay in, it seemed to have a decent amount of power. I knew I should have stayed away when selecting my jigsaw at a local store I noted that 8-10 boxes seemed to have been opened and re-taped... I now know they were most likely all returns.

I will be steering clear of this brand name from now on.

1.0 out of 5 stars unsafe, March 14, 2004
By A Customer
I have used this saw twice. I handle the saw with both hands and both times I got my secondary (not trigger hand pinched) by the blade fastener after I turned of the saw (the blade take a while to stop oscillating. I have noticed that the new versions of the saw have a guard to prevent this.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Product for the money, October 28, 2008
Black & Decker makes many power tools for the occasional handyman. I like the features of this jigsaw, sightline, dust blower, blade storage. The one I bought came as a kit with a hardshell case which is also handy. For the money it is a great tool and works well.

Black & Decker JS200 Variable Speed Jigsaw with Sightline