Published 15 months ago by Bleudenim

3.0 out of 5 stars Works but not easy to use.
The problem with this charger is that it says to remove the battery as soon as the charge is complete. And it has no alarm. So you are supposed to watch it. I can not imagine how I can use it very often. It does charge much faster then the charger that comes with the tool.
Published 11 months ago by Dennis Hueber

5.0 out of 5 stars A "must have" if you use the B&D Matrix system garden tools. Highly recommended., June 20, 2013
This review is from: Black & Decker L2AFCBST Lithium-Ion Fast Charger with Flash Charge (Tools & Home Improvement)
I started with the B&D Matrix system with the 12" string trimmer Black & Decker LST220 12-Inch 20-Volt Lithium-Ion Cordless GrassHog Trimmer/Edger that comes with 2 Lithium Ion batteries. I liked it so much that I also bought the Black & Decker BDCDMT120 20-volt Matrix Drill that comes with a single battery. Both come with a standard low-ampere charger that takes up to 8-hours to recharge a single battery. While this is fine (usually) for those who are using only the Matrix drill system, it isn't practical for users of the B&D garden tools where the 20v batteries provide only about 15-minutes of use. For those of us with large areas to maintain (I deal with about 2 acres), 2-3 or more batteries are needed.

With the B&D Fast Charger, I can, with a total of 3 batteries, use my trimmer to the max by charging the first depleted battery within 30 minutes while having 2 others to use at 15 minutes each so I always have a fully charged battery available. Using the "flash charge" feature, I can charge batteries almost as fast as I use them. The "flash charge" feature boosts the charge for 10 minutes, and then switches to the devices standard charge, a rate significantly higher than the low-ampere charger that comes with the "battery-included" tools (a number of items can be bought without a battery at a lower price).

The footprint of the charger is fairly small at 3"x7 versus 2.5"x6" for the standard supplied charger. The Fast Charger is also wall mountable, while the standard charger is not. If you use the B&D Matrix system for yard work (string trimmer, leaf blower, hedge trimmer), you will use up batteries faster than they can be recharged WITHOUT using this Fast Charger. While it is a little more expensive than it should be ($30 would be more reasonable for what it does), it is certainly worth having. Highly recommended!

5.0 out of 5 stars 30 minutes > 18 hours, August 14, 2013
We purchased the Black & Decker battery-powered weed eater and blower when we lived in a house with a rather small yard; within 6 months we moved to a house on over 2 acres of land. 2 batteries for one device would barely do the trick, and waiting 8-18 hours for them to charge - and only having 1 charger - just wasn't feasible. Instead of replacing the units with gas alternatives, I purchased a 3rd battery and this rapid charger. 3 batteries can handle whatever job we need, and the rapid charger has a battery refilled by the time the current one's dead. The units are so lightweight and fantastic, we're really glad we didn't have to get messy gas & oil replacements. This is a HIGHLY recommended - scratch that - MUST HAVE if you are using the lithium powered tools and have yard projects you'd like to finish in the same day. Add a 3rd battery to maximize your power capacity and you'll have virtually unlimited power (for the tools, not... in real life.)

5.0 out of 5 stars Just Wonderful! Batteries charge in less than half an hour., June 26, 2013
I use this with the 20v pole chainsaw batteries. Just use up 2 batteries, come in for a break and recharge, ready to go out working again. This charger should come with the product. Was getting real tired of and wasting time, charging for 8 hours or so with the other charger. It seemed a little expensive but well worth the time saved. I do a lot of trimming and hinge cutting trees on my property, so can be out working for a few hours, recharge and get back out there. This charger makes the difference. I have 2 batteries, was thinking about getting another one or two, but no longer have to do that. BTW I love that 20v Black and Decker pole chainsaw also. That works great and so does this charger!

4.0 out of 5 stars Charges fast, but I worry about what it does to the life of my battery., April 28, 2014
Charges fast, but I worry about what it does to the life of my battery. I worry that the speed of the charge might be detrimenal to the battery over the long term. I only use it when I have to, but it definitely does what it says it will do.

5.0 out of 5 stars B & D's Standard of Excellence, October 2, 2013
Works perfectly ! As with all of my B & D's tools, I find their tools to be a more professional build and quality.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fast Shipment and Good Product, August 1, 2013
FloridaHokie (Ocala, FL, USA) - See all my reviews
This charger was delivered promptly and is doing an excellent job. I've not needed the flash charge to date because I have 2 batteries. The lithium battery/charger is much, much improved over the old 18 volt system I was using before--lasts a lot longer and quite a bit lighter.I think anyone using B & D battery powered equipment in the past would really love the 20 volt lithium products.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, May 12, 2014
Spanky (Bella Vista, Ar.) - See all my reviews
Do NOT buy any Black and Decker 20 volt tools unless you purchase this item. It will recharge the battery really fast and we have 4 batteries and almost ever tool that Black and Decker makes in this line of cordless tools.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Buy, November 19, 2013
I am commenting after only about a month's use. Getting good results from this unit. A good way to keep all of your tools supplied with power. A good feature is that it can be left plugged in indefinitely.

4.0 out of 5 stars Works as described, less needed when adding to B&D 20 volt devices., November 16, 2013
I use it as a "Flash Charger" and it works. I wish B&D would sell more equipment without a 20 volt battery.
When I had one device and one standard charger, I needed the flash charger. I bought two more B&D
garden devices, each came with a battery. I have my eyes on the chain saw, 20 volt, but it is not sold
without a battery, so I am overfilled with 20 volt batteries and really would not need the flash charger now.
But, it is pretty in B&D orange.

4.0 out of 5 stars works well, August 26, 2013
if you have the batteries this charger is a must. charges quickly. even if you only have one battery this charger charges in about 20 minutes

Rate and Discover Movies