Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stephen Marley Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Water Sports

on June 23, 2012
This is a great line that Black and Decker has. The batteries last about 30 minutes or less but otherwise the tools are great. I have the Trimmer - Sweeper - Hedge Trimmer and the are well made, light enough to use and well balanced. I bought the 20 volt lithium Fast Charger at Walmart for $39.99, model #L2AFC-OPE. It charges a battery in 30 to 40 minutes eliminating the need to but additional batteries. The charger that comes with the tools takes 8 hours which is crazy.
I wanted to share this with everyone so they are aware that there is a fast charger but I have only been able to find it at the Walmart stores.
on October 4, 2013
Trimmer is pretty good, automatic line feed system works perfectly. Blower is a joke, I can exhale faster than that. My main negative for this system is recharge time. I am a contractor with dozens of battery powered tools, they all recharge in an hour and they last at least an hour, so you never run out of battery. Not so with this system, recharge time is about 3 hours, hard use will run it down in 20 minutes. I have a big yard, but it is aggravating to finish 80% of the trimming and have two dead batteries because of the slow recharge time. Only Black and Decker would cut this corner.
on May 26, 2012
I bought this combo set because the trimmer was not available alone, and I figured at least the second battery would be helpful. How good can a battery operated blower be? Well, as it turns out, pretty good.

Charged both batteries (8 hours each). The first one almost made it through the whole yard of trimming. The yard was a bit overgrown since my last trimmer (B&D $49 from Walmart) died after about five years. My yard is small. My B&D cordless electric mower can do it twice on a charge. Even so, the last five minutes were with the second battery. As to its workings, the auto feed works better than with my old $49 trimmer, and it cuts much better as well. The ring to loosen and switch from horizontal to vertical is easy and quick. As a trimmer it is very good. Just like many people, I never attached the string shield, but I always wear eye protection.

Then the surprise. I put the second battery on the blower, and it works great! I normally would use a Toro electric blower, but that requires connecting a 100 ft. cord, and dragging the whole thing down the driveway. This little blower handled all that I normally use the big blower for except blowing the leaves from the curb. Since then, I've used it a couple times for quick cleanup of newly fallen leaves and debris dropped by squirrels. It also works better in the garage, where my Toro just blows too much air. I could easily recommend this blower for light sweeping jobs.

I'd have given this package five stars if (1) the batteries were a little greater capacity or (2) two chargers were included for simultaneous charging of both batteries. Since the batteries can be stored on the charger, that would assure two fully charged batteries whenever they were needed. With two charges AND bigger batteries, it would be 5 1/2 stars.
on September 8, 2013
I was so excited to write a great review on this product. I have owned the Black & Decker Trimmer for roughly 2 months now. In those 2 months I have used it a total of 5 times. The first time I used it, it worked great. I was so excited that there was the automatic feeder and there was enough power for a battery trimmer to eat through the grass. It worked decent for the first 2 trimmings. Starting at usage #3, the automatic feeder decides to feed extra line into the trimmer every few seconds. When the extra line goes past the guard, it cuts off and flies directly back to my legs. I am not going to lie, this hurts a lot! I have many cuts on my legs where it takes weeks for the scabs to heal. My house is on a 0.18 acre lot. There is not much trimming that needs to be done. I only got through half of the 5th cut before the line is now completely gone. I do not know if I just have a faulty trimmer, or if it is the design. I am now very upset that I decided to go with this trimmer.
on November 4, 2013
Problem 1: The sweeper has no power. It sweeps some debri on a driveway but when trying to sweep leaves on my lawn it just didn't do the job (half of the leaves won the battle).

Problem 2: The battery charger stopped working after little month than a month and Amazon says returns or replacements for this products have to be done within a month. I contacted Black & Decker and they referred me to a local service center that's 50 min from my home in order to get it replaced. I will have to mail it to this center now; but really, B&D should handle this directly by sending a pre-paid box or label. Not a good customer experience.

The trimmer is decent but I'm rating this a one because the above is enough to declare the overall product (the combo) a total failure.
on October 7, 2013
My wife wanted a trimmer light enough for her to handle when she wanted the work done and couldn't motivate me to do it in a timely fashion. They just couldn't have gas engines or require extension cords. Previous battery-powered garden tools have disappointed me. This set became available from Amazon at a good price, so I decided to try them. They are both surprisingly good tools, and the advantage of getting a battery with each one extended the operation time for one tool at a time very nicely. The trimmer will do a good, hard 20 minutes on one charge, the blower closer to 15 minutes before it dies. But then, there's that second battery charged and waiting. They are both light and easy to handle. BUT if you're looking for a heavy duty tool, neither of these fits that bill. They are what they are, light duty, limited-operation-time tools. And as this type of tool, they're quite good. They function well for the reason I purchased them-- light, quick and easy to pick up and use, sufficient time for most small jobs. When I need to really get serious with grass, weeds and leaves, I call upon my Weed-Eater gas trimmer and Toro cord blower and get down to business. Meantime, it's not so risky to say, "Sorry, dear, I just can't do that right now." A little longer battery life would have earned the fifth star.
on June 5, 2013
Pricing on Amazon can vary greatly for the same product at different times. Now (early June 2013) seems to be a great time for lawn care and tool pricing.

Look at what's included and do the math before you buy any B&D cordless combo or single piece. When we bought the B&D 20v Cordless pieces, we did it as a trimmer/edger and sweeper duo (comes with a charger and two batteries) and the 22in. trimmer separately with a charger and battery. The sum total was $10.00 less than this 3-pc combo of these B&D pieces, which includes just ONE charger and TWO batteries.

Not only did we spend $10.00 less buying it that way, it gave us THREE batteries and TWO chargers (a battery and charger go for about $40 separately). Since we already have the two chargers and three batteries, we then bought the "bare tool" 20v Pole Trimmer WITHOUT battery & charger, and saved a bundle ($50.00). Can't see that we'd ever run through all three batteries and want for more in a day.

Quiet, light and efficient for our city lawn. It's nice that we don't blast the neighbors with noise, but the primary reason we chose these tools was the ease of use; no gas/oil and no cord. We'll give it a couple years and see if we ever reach for our corded tools again... pretty sure we'll end up giving those away!

Also have a B&D battery-operated lawn mower. LOVE IT!! Has already paid for itself in place of hired yard care.
on July 30, 2013
Both of these work great for my needs. I haven't had to use the trimmer to trim anything to thick though, mainly grass and weeds along the house and around trees. The trimmer has no problem handling that usage. The blower is about what you would expect for a cordless blower. It does great a blowing grass clippings, and can be used to blow out your garage. It should work for leaves in the fall as long as they are dry. I can run the trimmer on one battery for about 15-20 minutes, haven't timed how long the blower works for. The nice thing is this set comes with 2 batteries, but they take 8 hours to charge. So if you need more then 2 batteries to trim your yard, it's going to take some time to do. The nice thing is they do make a quick charger which charges the batteries in 30 minutes. I lucked out and had bought a Drill that came with the quick charger and uses the same batteries.
on June 23, 2012
My husband initially described this trimmer as "a toy," but once I started using it, it proved itself as far more than a toy!

I used it to trim the area outside the front pasture by the road that had become embarrassingly overgrown (yes, even by rural standards). Admittedly, the weeds that were >1" thick couldn't be cut, but those monsters were so big that it was easy to pull them anyway.

Because I have multiple tools in the 20V collection, I have several batteries, so battery life is not an issue for me at all. I'd say that each battery lasted me 20 minutes of steady cutting. As a side note, Black & Decker's chain saw is by far the most wonderful tool of all!

I didn't have all that much use for the blower, but it made sense to get it for just a few dollars more. It is good for blowing sand off of the porch and walkway and works just fine.

Some have commented that it's edging functionality is poor, but I don't use it for that and thus have no input.

I would definitely recommend this trimmer to others.

Update: After 4 months of using this trimmer, I would rate it 5+ stars if I could. It takes a licking and keeps on ticking. There were some areas in the horse pasture that had to be hand trimmed because of trees, fences, rocks, or other obstructions, and this little trimmer got the job done.

Replacing the string spool is a 2-minute process and super easy. No maintenance, no nasty gas smell!
on April 6, 2014
Overall I am very pleased with this item. My main issue is with the battery life, which is not very long. I did purchase two more batteries and another charger so I would not have to stop once the job was started. But, the product works well. The price was good and I was able to get a lot of feedback on it before purchasing. The shipping, as almost always with Amazon purchases, was very fast. The product was well wrapped and as described.