Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon The Jayhawks Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Luxury Beauty Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer starwars starwars starwars  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback SnS

Style Name: Includes 20v Battery|Change

on June 18, 2012
I bought this from a local brick and mortar only because the estimated shipping date on the product was too far out. I did a lot of research via Amazon and the large home improvement stores. I was a bit skeptical because of the amount of reviews on amazon but decided to give it a chance. Apparently, there are not many lithhium-powered hedge trimmers in the 20V range with this length that are close to if not under $100. I was surprised to find that it was more powerful than my electric trimmer. It was also very light and not having that blasted cord to deal with made cutting my hedge easier and faster. My arms are usually tired after cutting with the electric (holding the cord, balancing the heavy trimmer, making several passes because it would not cut well with the first or second pass). Not so with this trimmer. It cut through the shrub with ease and I was done in about half the time - no kidding.
Again; I did a LOT of research before buying this trimmer.
I never buy anything like this on impulse.
I really cannot see the need to look any further if you want a trimmer for home use no matter how big the job.
Highly recommended.
99 comments|474 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 13, 2012
I have only written a single review of all the products that I have bought over the years. I recently purchased the B&D 20 volt lithium hedge trimmer,and I have found it to be lightweight,well balanced,easy to operate,and have a surprising battery life.I use it to trim 500 sq ft of miserable, sticky, and tangled asiatic jasmine, including edge trimming and verticutting, and the machine handles it with aplomb, on one charge.Amazing.
22 comments|136 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 1, 2013
I am an older lady, (or as some would describe me, a little old lady) I ordered the Black and Decker Cordless Hedge Trimmer and have been absolutely delighted with it. Prior to buying the cordless trimmer, I used the corded Black and Decker trimmer which still works, I probably have had it for 10 or 12 years. I got tired of dealing with extension cords and even with a cord reel I had trouble rewinding plus I didn't want to bother after pruning I simply wanted to put the trimmer away.. I also cut at least one cord during the trimming season.I am a small person 4'11 and weigh 101. The cordless trimmer is light weight and easy to handle. It cuts smoothly through even the thicker stems.It took me about 45 minutes to prune the hedges and the battery was still full of power when I finished. It uses the same type battery as my blower and weeder use. The weeder battery lasts almost an hour but the blower battery is exhausted after almost 45 minutes, I can interchange the batteries on my three pieces of equipment. That gives me close to three hours of power which is plenty for this 73 yr old to work in the yard at one time. It gets hot in GA. I highly recommend the Black and Decker Lithium Cordless.
Trimmer.
22 comments|208 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 12, 2012
Have owned 2 B&D wired trimmers over the past 30 years. This is by far the easiest to use. We have 26 cone shaped 7' high hemlocks and foundation shrubbery around the house. No more dragging 200' of wire around or cutting through a live wire. Purchased an extra battery for the trimmer. Each battery lasted 40-45 minutes(each battery trimmed a seasons growth from 5 of the hemlocks). Though I could only trim for about an hour and a half with 2 batteries and had to wait about 7 hours to recharge each,the fall trimming went quickly. The fast cutting longer bar, not stopping to move wires around gardens trees and other obstacles, as well as less fatigue, got the trimming completed in about the same time frame. The cuts were much cleaner than either of my previous 2 trimmers. Unless you have small amount of trimming I would recommend an additional battery. Have also used this to cut down the perennials in our flower beds which has really sped up fall cleanup.
on June 8, 2012
B&D has a whole line of 20-volt, battery-powered things. Buy several, and you will always have a pile of charged-up batteries for whatever you need to do.

Ever tried cutting the bushes with an electric clipper? Tugging and pulling at the cord until, "oops," you unplug it? Ever want to just make a small, quick trim somewhere? Ever think how much work it is to keep small gasoline engines functioning? Then you need an electric, battery-powered tool.

If you are going to get an electric, battery-powered tool, get a good one. These B&D things are perfect. Quiet, reliable, and easy to start (OK, any electric tool would fit that last bit, but the B&D did for me.) What I really like is that the several tools I bought all use the same battery pack. Drawback? Now I have about half a dozen chargers all around my house.
44 comments|56 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 13, 2012
Received this today, almost a week prior to the estimated delivery date indicated in the "shipped" email from the seller (who was different than the current seller, and my price was $30 more when I placed my order just a few days ago).

I unpacked the box, put the battery in the charger, and plugged it in to charge. I already have two other B&D tools with the identical battery, so I took one of those batteries, partially charged, and went about trying out this hedge trimmer.

It worked very well. In fact, I was pleasantly surprised a battery-operated trimmer would do so well. It did at least as good of a job as my B&D corded 22" hedge trimmer. And it's lighter. And (of course) there's no cord to get in the way. I worked for almost an hour on a pair of thick overgrown holly shrubs. This unit never slowed down, even with the partially-charged battery. The blade stayed sharp during the whole cutting.

I'll advise: You can go ahead and throw away the included "Blade Sheath" right away. It's worthless. It's cheap flexible plastic, and it's heat-formed around every tooth on the blade so it's absolutely impossible to remove the sheath or to replace it on the blade for storage. I'll have to find something else to protect the blade in storage.

So far, then, I consider this an excellent purchase. It remains to be seen if it's durable enough to last several seasons.
on September 1, 2013
Fantastic hedge trimmer - blades are sharp and battery lasts a long time. I have over 200' of 5' tall, 4' wide yew hedges and was amazed at how long the battery lasted. Would recommend this to anyone. Only drawback is that the charger does not easily go onto the battery, but after charging several times, it does seem to get easier, but not as easy as my other battery pack chargers. The sharp blades do not "chew" up the hedges and do a fine job of trimming all of my plants.
on July 6, 2013
Brand new Model LHT2220.

Trimming 30-inch boxwoods, I get 20 minutes use, and then it has a hard stop from depleted battery.

Haven't timed charging, but it's in the 8 hour plus-or-minus range.

Cuts well.

Weight is reasonable. I can use with one hand for short spells.

Because safety considerations require some kind of operator engagement, this model places a squeeze level in the upper inside of the main grip. Squeezing this constantly tires my hand and makes it difficult to work while grabbing another part of the handle. I think there could be a better ergonomic design that is as effective, but doesn't require constant squeezing. (I'm going to "live dangerously" and use a short section of velcro tape to hold the switch "ON".)

I think for this to be practical for any serious work, it's necessary to have extra batteries.

I'll probably keep it, but would recommend a corded model instead.
on March 28, 2013
I like it. Much lighter than the older battery powered Black and Decker version I had. The lighter weight definitely makes it more comfortable to use and it will make you want to use it longer. However, it's not a gas powered machine so don't expect the power. For example, when I ran the hedger straight across a four foot wide, fairly dense shrub, it struggled and got stuck a third of the way through so I had to remove it and cut it in sections. It worked but took much longer. Also, the 3/4 wide cut they promise will work but don't expect it to go straight through in a second. More like 5 seconds and a few attempts. Other than that, it is good and a vast improvement over previous battery powered models especially in the weight and bulk.
on August 20, 2015
Talk about great! I don't normally leave comments but this is so much easier than a electric trimmer with a cord and so much lighter weight than a gas powered motor trimmer too! I've been through them all! This battery lasts a good hour if not more and I'm cutting the whole time!
review image