Black and Decker LSW20 20-Volt Lithium Ion Cordless Sweeper,Includes 20v Battery
Style Name: Includes 20v BatteryChange
Price:$89.97 + Free shipping with Amazon Prime

Style Name: Includes 20v BatteryVerified Purchase
I already own a powerful electric blower and an even more powerful gas blower that can blow heavy piles of leaves in the fall. However, when I had a new patio installed this summer, I wanted a lightweight cordless blower where I didn't have to worry about the electrical cord getting wrapped around the legs of my patio tables and chairs. After some research I purchased this unit and am glad that I did. Here is why I like this.

1. Assembly is simple. Just put the two pieces of the nozzle together, attach to the main unit, then attach the battery pack after it finishes charging. A green light blinks during the charging process and turns solid green when charging is complete. You can leave the battery in the charger after charging is complete without harming the battery, so that way you always have a fully charged battery. Taking the battery pack on and off is simple and effortless.

2. This is relatively lightweight, easy to hold and maneuver, and feels well balanced even with the battery pack on. And I love the convenience of not having an electric cord.

3. Of course this does not have the same power as a gas or electric blower. But for my patio it is perfect. Ditto for my driveway. Neither has large accumulations of leaves or dirt, so this unit is just perfect. However for fall cleanup of lots of leaves on your lawn, this is not the unit to use.

4. My typical cleanup lasts under 15 minutes, and this unit has plenty of power during that entire time. I have not tested how long the battery will last on a single charge.

Bottom line: This unit works well for light duty use to clean leaves and debris off patios and driveways. For your lawn and extended usage times get something else.

Update October 18, 2012: Fall is in full swing in New Jersey and the leaves are coming down. This product has been an effortless way for me to clear the leaves off my front walkway, driveway, and patio.

Update May 13, 2013: Each spring lots of "stuff" (not leaves) falls down from all the trees on my property and makes a mess of my patio and driveway. This product is great for quickly cleaning it up. It's especially convenient to just aim this at my patio furniture or the cars in my driveway and blow off all the debris.

Also, I had forgotten to remove the battery and charge it after the last time I used this product over six months ago in the fall to clean up leaves. Guess what? It started up just fine, though not surprisingly I ran out of a charge after about ten minutes. From now on I make sure to just leave the battery in the charger when I am done.
33 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on July 21, 2012
Style Name: Includes 20v BatteryVerified Purchase
The B&D LSW20 has greater power, less weight and less noise than the previous version, which I purchased from Amazon a few years ago (still works very well). The 20V Lithium battery lasts 3 times longer than the former 18V Ni-cad battery. It works a full 30 minutes before recharge.
66 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Style Name: Includes 20v BatteryVerified Purchase
This blower is quiet, powerful, nicely designed and very light in weight. Its battery is easy to snap in. To fully charge it requires a couple of hours. Operating time on a full charge for me is 10 to 15 minutes.
on September 22, 2012
Style Name: Includes 20v BatteryVerified Purchase
I bought this sweeper for the express purpose of cleaning grass clippings and dirt from my driveway and gutter after mowing and edging my lawn. Gutter is about 75 feet long and the driveway is about 25x60 feet. For that use, it's perfect. I used it for the first time this morning and it gave a good account of itself. Lots of forceful air movement (for its size) and the battery lasted for the entire job, about 10-15 minutes. Can't tell how much battery life was left -- lithium-ion batteries go with full power until they just quit (but if you pay close attention, the tool/battery will slow down slightly during the final minute).

Anyway, this is perfect for light cleaning on a hard surface, which is all I need it for. Ergonomics are good, too: small, good air movement, light weight, easy to hold and maneuver, and relatively quiet. The LBXR20 battery is inexpensive, too, which is a pleasant suprise for a Black & Decker lithium-ion battery.

If you're not looking for a heavy-duty blower (think moving piles of leaves around on your lawn in the Fall), and 2-cycle gas engines or dragging around a cord are not your thing, take a look at this sweeper. I was prepared to be disappointed but I'm not.
Style Name: Includes 20v Battery
"Elementary my dear Watson, if your men don't have proper tools."

Sherlock Holmes

Very little is worse or more frustrating than trying to do a job with the wrong tool; trying to force a tool to do something it was not meant to do is a sure set-up for failure, or at the very least, turning out a very sloppy product. Using the wrong tool can make your life much more difficult than it need be. Sherlock was correct in the wisdom he passed on to Doctor Watson.

We live in the woods. Our home is surrounded by around 100 gigantic oak trees and other lesser trees beyond count. Leaves we have. We also have guttering around our home. Guttering that is in constant need of cleaning we have.

Enter this wonderful little leaf blower.

Of all the job around the house, yard and garden (we live of five acres) cleaning gutters, for me, is the most loathsome. I really, really hate it. The gutters though must be cleaned. Overflowing gutters can cause great damage to your home, an if the overflowing water washes out your wife's flower gardens...well, life can be pretty miserable. Now I am no spring chicken let me tell you, and climbing around the roof at least three times a year is a true pain. I have very powerful gas leaf blowers. These things are heavy and they are noisy. An electric leaf blower with a cord is not an option. Our home is not small and I would need hundreds of feet of cord to do the job.

This little battery leaf blower has made my life so much better. It is not the most powerful blower in the world and I most certainly would not recommend it for large acre yards with a lot of trees. It simply does not have the power to get the job done. (I have a large lawn tractor with a very, very large raking contraption I pull around to do the yard with.) But for the gutters this little machine is just perfect. It is light, weighing only 3.7 pounds. It is easy to maneuver and is very quiet. It is powerful enough to remove the leaves that gather in the gutters and it has a nifty little scraper on the end of the blowing tube which is ideal to scrap up and loosen leaves that have become impacted.

I use this when the leaves are completely dry. Oak trees also have little seed things which look like fuzzy worms in the spring time which also gather in the gutters. I wait for dry days to remove those also. Once charge of the battery is adequate to do the guttering so there is no running up and down the latter. The machine is small and light enough that it does not interfere with my balance all that much and I do not feel like I have climbed a mountain our two after using it.

I also use this thing on our driveway and our patios. It does an adequate job. It is Not powerful enough for heavy yard work though.

While I do not use this thing for extended periods of time and only use it two or three times per year, it was well worth every cent I spent on it and it sure works better than the five or six gas powered blowers which are broken and collecting dust in my barn.

For the specific job I use this for it is just about perfect. Keep in mind that I am not what you would call a big fan of Black & Decker product, but in this case they did well.

Don Blankenship
The Ozarks
55 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on August 6, 2012
Style Name: Includes 20v BatteryVerified Purchase
I've used this product 5 times this past week since it arrived, and love it so far (knock wood)! It's made the burden of sweeping considerable decking surrounding our home (including upstairs) a piece of cake. Wish I'd invested in it months ago. I did a lot of research before purchasing it, and the lithium cordless is by far better than the other cordless alternatives. The 20-volt also lasts twice as long per use. It's worth the extra money for that alone.
on October 31, 2012
Style Name: Includes 20v BatteryVerified Purchase
This is a nifty little lightweight blower that I planned to replace my worn out gasoline model with. If you think it is going to produce the volume of air and pressure that you get from a gasoline model you will be disappointed. However, if you just need something to blow out the garage occasionally and clean off the sidewalks (quietly) after mowing and trimming then this blower will work for you. The battery lasts a surprisingly long time and should be enough for most households. If your are wanting something to blow leaves off the yard and move piles of leaves then you need to stick with the gasoline models.
on October 20, 2012
Style Name: Includes 20v BatteryVerified Purchase
When I took this out of the box and attached the 2 hose pieces, it was so lightweight that I didn't think it would blow dust. Well, I charged the battery fully and went outside to blow leaves off my patio. This thing blew me away. It has more blowing power than I ever dreamed a battery powered blower could have. Done with my patio in a few minutes. The only problem I see is I used it ten minutes max and it took 4 hours to recharge the battery again. Other than that this thing is a dream, no more dragging out 100 foot extension cord.
on December 8, 2012
Style Name: Includes 20v BatteryVerified Purchase
I highly recommend this for the convenience alone. Wonderful to just pick it up and go for small jobs. I bought a second battery and get about 30 minutes of total clean-up time. Fan is starting to make a strange buzzing sound but doesn't seem to affect performance.
on October 1, 2013
Style Name: Includes 20v BatteryVerified Purchase
It was love at first sight. Take it out of the package, snap the two tubes together, plug the battery into the charger and wait a few hours for a full charge. Then outside to try out my new toy...er, tool. Plenty of power to blow off leaves, twigs, and maple seeds from the kitchen patio, plenty of power to blow off leaves, twigs and tiny willow oak nuts from the two front patios. Lightweight and easy to use, no need to move patio chairs, no electrical cord to get tangled, and in ten minutes I have three clean patios. Back inside, unsnap the battery and snap it back into the charger where it is safe to keep it until next time, stow sweeper in the coat closet. With fall here, there will be lots of opportunities for this little sweeper to go to work. If the love affair sours, I will let you know.

Your Recently Viewed Items and Featured Recommendations