Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Beauty Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback May4th

on June 30, 2012
I have now completely switched over to battery operated lawn equipment. This was the last item that I needed (already have a string trimmer and lawnmower) All are B&D and I love them all! I have an average size lawn and all of the items I bought are plenty powerful enough, do a great job, and I love the convenience and ease of starting and quiet operation. I HATED my gas string trimmer (must've pulled that start cord 20 times to start it.) and I love the convenience of no cord for this leaf blower. No gas needed ($$) is just a BONUS to the equation.
22 comments|98 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 22, 2012
I found this to be a pleasant surprise. It's light and although the batteries charge doesn't last very long, it is enough to blow driveways and patios. Plus the batteries also work with my Black and Decker trimmer!!
on March 9, 2013
Black & Decker NSW18 18-Volt NiCad Cordless Sweeper

This is a decent sweeper, good enough for light duty work for a small yard. It's very light weight & quite easy to handle. This sweeper is certainly a step from the Homelite Mighty Lite 26B gas powered blower that I am replacing. With that said, here are my Pros and Cons for this unit.

PRO (what I love about it)
- Very light - You can't believe how light this is even with the battery.
- Cordless - The whole reason why I bought it. Hate to pull cords all over my yard.
- Compatible 18v batteries across all B&D models.
- No need to keep special gas/oil mixture just for a blower (2 stroke engine) - and not to mention stabilizer.
- Relief from not having to pull the lever god knows how many times to get it going.
- Fairly inexpensive - I paid only $68 with free prime-shipping - can't beat that.
- Very quiet - you can sweep your yard even in the early mornings & your neighbors won't even know you're sweeping your yard.

CONS (what I don't like about it)
- Short battery life - the battery ran out after only 15 minutes. I have another B&D trimmer with same battery so I used that to finish the rest of my yard.
- Not much power - my Homelite gas powered blower had more power than this but again I only bought it to sweep leaves off my drive way.
- NiCad batteries - I would have preferred NiMH or Li-ion batteries. NiCad batteries have memory issues and don't hold charge well.

Again this is a great sweeper for light duty jobs. For anything more, get something else. I gave this 4 star mostly because of the short battery life.
on May 14, 2013
This is a tough review as the blower is great for what you would expect from a cordless blower. However the battery is just plain AWFUL. Other customers have spoken of 20 minute battery life. Iwould dream of 20 minutes. On a FULL charge I get at the most 5 minutes and then it is dead and it is only 2 weeks old. I did the very first charge without turning it on for 12 hours and NEVER got long battery life. I have ordered a second back up battery (at $50) so hoping the second one will do better. The blower is great. It is light weight (can use with one hand). Even my 2 year old can use it. And it is powerful enough to do the job. It is just the battery is a JOKE
1010 comments|61 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 14, 2012
The sweeper is great for the sidewalks and driveway of our condo. We have many B & D 18 volt tools and this one works perfectly like all of them and the batteries are interchangeable.
on August 31, 2012
This is a great cordless sweeper! It has super power, it is not heavy, and it is very handy due to not having a cord to deal with. I highly recommend it.
on August 4, 2012
Nice gadget for light jobs,,patio,,driveway(dry leaves),would not use it for blowing leaves from yard.
55 comments|158 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 9, 2012
THIS IS THE BEST BATTERY POWERED BLOWER I HAVE EVER OWNED. EASY ASSEMBLY AND GREAT BATTERY LIFE. i HAVE USED IT SEVERAL TIMES FOR PERIODS UP TO 10 MINUTES WITH NO BREAKDOWN IN POWER. NICE RECHARGER WITH EASY READ READY.
on April 9, 2013
This little blower was inexpensive so I didn't expect it to move large boulders. It does the job I bought it for, which is removing dust from my patio furniture after a windy evening here in the desert. I would be completely happy if I didn't have to recharge the thing after each blow. That recharge, by the way, takes a long time. (6 to 8 hours)

So I can't fault the blower. It does what it said it would - which is light duty removal of debris off concrete or solid surfaces. It will not work to remove leaves from your lawn. It's easy to use and is light in the hand which makes for a very convenient cleanup. It blows away the fine dust that settles on everything and there is just enough juice in one charge to get that job done thoroughly. Then I have to plug in the battery for a day and hope the wind doesn't blow again before it's recharged.
on May 17, 2013
I like it, it's not crazy string but its a battery, cleans my back yard, 3 car garage, porch on a charge. You get 20-30 mins of use. The only draw back is it takes 8 hours to recharge. That's a long time