Facility Spring Cleaning Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Sixx AM Fire TV Stick Gifts for Mom to look and feel great Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback SnS

on March 30, 2005
There is difficluty in mounting this coffee pot using the template. The button on the carafe to allow for immediate dispening leaks, The lid on the carafe is just not user friendly and the carafe does not keep the coffee hot. I had to preheat water and pour hot water into the carafe to warm it up before brewing.
on December 14, 2005
I read and totally agree with all the negative comments. I sure wish I did some research and knew all this before I bought this coffee maker! But like others that have been fooled, having been a previous owner of the older Black & Decker space saver coffee maker, I assumed this new model would be just as good if not better. I couldn't have been more wrong. The coffee doesn't stay hot once it is brewed. Between my husband and I, I think we've dripped almost as much coffee all over the counter while trying to pour it as we ended up with in our cups. The cover has to be unscrewed and removed in order to even pour a cup. Who needs all this aggravation first thing in the morning? Not me! Don't buy this product, you will be so disappointed and frustrated!
on January 3, 2006
Desparate to replace my old Spacemaker coffee maker, this was my only option (need counter space). Wish I hadn't bought it. Carafe doesn't keep coffee warm at all, pour spout is terrible - can't figure out how to pour without spilling, unless I dribble the coffee out (and only when there's a lot of coffee in the machine - when it gets to the 1-2 cup level, forget it). Can't make just a couple of cups because you have to invert the carafe to get the coffee out - and if the lid is on, coffee pours out of the holes in the lid. Timer isn't lit, so difficult to see.

After making a coffee maker for so many years, how could Black & Decker have put this out? I'm extremely disappointed - are they listening?
on September 24, 2005
I have been using Black & Decker Spacemaker Coffemakers for 15 years, replacing one when needed. I believe I have purchased 6 for my home and motorhome. I have always been very happy with them until now. The changes that have been made do not improve the product. Amazon very kindly replaced the first one I received as I was not happy with the Thermal Carafe. It takes 5 minutes to pour one cup of coffee. The replacement is exactly the same. The water dispenser does not have a handle which makes it very awkward to carry and slipped from my hand once and dropped on the floor with water everywhere. I called Black & Decker and all they told me was to have it replaced by Amazon and gave me no satisfaction.
on June 6, 2005
Hopefully someone will research the product before buying it. I didn't. I went with the notion of " I've bought B+D products before with no problem". This time it was different. I can't believe they would even put such a crummy product on the market. The lid leaks, coffee does not stay hot enough, hard to clean inside pot, hot steam ruins cabinet above maker,does not empty water after about 2 months, ( takes 3 pushes of start button to make a pot of coffee )coffee pours way to slow from carafe.

Another product from China that's not worth what you pay for it. Now I'll switch to another manufacturer for all my products. DON'T BUY THIS PRODUCT!!!!!!!
on December 19, 2004
This is the worst kitchen appliance I have ever owned. The cup dispenser on the handle came apart the 2nd time I brewed coffee and coffee ran all over the counter. Only way to fix it was to plug the hole permanetly with a screw.

There is absolutely no way to pour out of this carafe without coffee running down the side. And since the coffee won't stay hot anyway, I loosen the cap and turn the carafe over and dump the whole contents into a pitcher.

Summary, no heating element, malfunction of the dispenser, and you can not pour out of the carafe. This appliance is unusable.
on December 11, 2004
We received this model as a present and discovered it was a piece of junk. On the first day we found that despite the carafe being thermal the coffee does not get hot. The manual suggests brewing with cold water and that is about what you get out of it. We had to brew with hot water to get luke warm coffee!! The unit also turns off after the brew cycle is complete and therefore the coffee is cold within minutes! We had an older model where you could program when to turn the unit on and had the option of staying on once the brew cycle completed for 2,4, or 6 hours. With this unit, if you don't stand at the maker and pour yourself a cup right away you have to put it in the microwave. The lid of the carafe needs to be screwed on extremely tight in order to keep any heat in and therefore is extremely difficult to unscrew leaving you to only use the sneak a cup feature at the base of the handle which takes too long. <br />
I have contacted Black and Decker to tell them how disappointed I am in the product considering we had the previous spacemaker model for about 7 years, were completely happy with it (it just was slowing down and taking about 30 minutes to brew), but couldn't believe what a step down the new model was. They have been very cooperative in helping me find something else. They do not have any other spacemaker options but are offering me a counter sitting model along with a product of my choice to reach the price of the spacemaker I will return. I suggest to everyone to contact Black and Decker as they have been helpful but to also make them understand the inferior product they have produced.
on August 26, 2005
The carafe doesnt keep the coffee hot, it doesnt even START OUT hot enough. You cannot pour coffee without dribbling all over the counter unless you take the cover all the way off and then it is difficult to rethread correctly to put it back on. So pouring a cup of coffee is irritating and time consuming. This is te worst black and decker product I ever owned.
on November 27, 2004
If a zero rating was an otpion, it would have been chosen.

The WORST coffee maker I have ever used. After years of no problems with the older 12 cup model Spacemaker, I decided to stick with B&D when purchasing a new coffee maker. I could not find the older model anywhere and decided to get the ODC 400 even after I read 2 bad reviews online for it due to how happy I was with the original. The lid of the 400 is a pain, the coffee pours slow, the spout is too shallow and even taking off the lid doesn't help, only makes it easier to spill. The coffee is hardly "hot" when first brewed and only remains warm for no longer than an hour. I always loved the B&D line because of the space saver feature, but I have to say this product has me totaly disgusted. I consider it a lesson as this product will now end up in the garbage and I will have to settle for a countertop unit of a different brand.
on November 29, 2005
Recently purchased B&D ODC 425 spacemaker coffeemaker. It is possibly the worst appliance we have ever purchased.

1:Doesn't have a heating plate to keep coffee warm-carafe just doesn't hack it. Coffee isn't hot enough when it flows into carafe so you have luke warm coffee.

2:Unable to pour from carafe when lid is turned to "pour". Checked another one in store-same problem!

3: coffee tastes like melted plastic; tried many times to rebrew. Still no bettter.

4:Instruction sheet says" After you finish brewing and serving, press ON/OFF button to turn unit off". This one apparently turns off, and if you pressed the button later, it would turn it back on with an empty reservoir.

Black and Decker should really look at this machine.I think it is a faulty design.