5.0 out of 5 stars Essential if you have the B&D saw
I have both the 8 inch B&D chain saw and the pole version. The new chain is easy to install (B&D has PDFs of the users' manuals at their site if you can't find the one that came with the saw). I like having an extra chain so I can swap them out when they get dull, and sharpen the dull one when I have the time. Beats having to stop working because of a dull chain...
Published on March 4, 2010 by Comdet

2.0 out of 5 stars Not very powerful
I've had the opportunity to use this chainsaw once and was not very impressed with its power or cutting speed. It's a neat looking little tool, and is probably sufficient for most lightweight cutting jobs; but don't expect it to take the place of a gas-powered saw. In itself, it is very lightweight and easy to weld, but branches much over 5 inches would not be an easy...
Published on February 8, 2008 by M. Merchant

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential if you have the B&D saw, March 4, 2010
This review is from: Black & Decker RC800 8-Inch Saw Chain for CCS818, and NPP2018 (Lawn & Patio)

The B&D products, while very portable and handy for small pruning jobs, are not all that powerful even with a fresh battery charge. A sharp chain makes all the difference in getting the pruning done quickly even if the battery charge lags a bit.

For some reason, it's hard to find this at a store. Amazon comes through again!

5.0 out of 5 stars Black & Decker #RC800 8" Cordless Saw Replacement Chain, August 7, 2008
Using this on my 18volt cordless chain saw, it's a low kick back saw, and cordless chain saw are low rpm to begin with, so I guess that " MADE IN CHINA" part doesn't bother me, keep it well lube, before during and after each use, put ptfe dri-film on it befor putting on new sets, for around the house maintance, not a professional saw for sure. And remember to clean it up, it do get stuck easily when batteries are low.

5.0 out of 5 stars Handy Little Chain Saw, May 20, 2008
The Black & Decker CCS818 18 volt battery powered chain saw is extremely handy. Granted it will not replace my gas powered chain saw, but I find it is very useful in places/situations where I cannot effectively use the gas powered saw. The major use I find for this product is cutting small (3" or less) branches into stove length pieces. It is great in this application. It is small and light enough that I can hold it in one hand, the branch in the other and saw. The chain that comes with the saw has remained sharp, but I know it will eventually become dull.
I have used the saw and current chain for about 6 months now; cutting Manzanita, Madrone, Oak, Cedar and some pine without any problems. The largest diameter trunk that I've cut with the saw was a 7" diameter pine that had died last summer. (Even though the saw and chain completed the job, I don't think I'll try that again).
I will be buying a replacement chain, so if the current chain becomes dull in the middle of a cutting session, it can be replaced and the job continued, then the dull chain sharpened that night. The only problem I have had so far, is finding a spare chain to have available when needed.

4.0 out of 5 stars Saw Chain, April 25, 2014
I bought this chain for my brother in law. I bought cordless pole saws for both of us. He uses his frequently and needed a backup chain. Since I do not use my saw often, the chain is still sharp and works well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Like Night and Day, February 27, 2011
Spudman (Pasadena, MD United States) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 50 REVIEWER)
The little Black and Decker saw wasn't sawing as well as it used to so I finally got around to putting on the new chain. It feels like having a new saw now. Installing the new B&D chain was easy; in an ambitious mood I also changed the chain on a 16" electric saw and found the Black and Decker change much easier.

I have noticed that the new chain needs to be retightened more often than an old chain. This is a small price to pay for the added sharpness and ease of cutting.
With the recent spate of high winds, I've got lots of fallen limbs to cut, and the cordless chainsaw is perfect for the job.
For those of you who are handier and more patient than I am, it would be cheaper to just sharpen your chain, but that's a job I've never tackled with any success.

5.0 out of 5 stars Realize its limitations, May 6, 2014
First, realize that this is for small jobs or jobs than can be planned over several days. My first job was to cut out a 1o" mango stump and it was done on the first full charging. Thereafter I have used it to cut 4" to 8" mango limbs and fell and trim a 30' pine tree. Keep in mind, I kept sharpening blades and recharging the battery. I am retired so I was not in a rush.

5.0 out of 5 stars Replacement Chain, December 25, 2011
I installed the replacement chain on my Black & Decker pole saw and it fit perfectly.The chain cuts just as good as the original one it came with and it was a good price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Forget Home Depot or Lowes, May 10, 2011
Wasted my time trying to find this replacement chain at my local stores plus amazon had the best price I could find on the web. Installed the new chain and my 2 year old chainsaw in like new again! Thanks Amazon!

5.0 out of 5 stars This replacement blade went on easily, fit perfectly and worked beautifully, August 7, 2014
xcstrider (Kingwood, TX) - See all my reviews
This replacement blade went on easily, fit perfectly and worked beautifully. I removed enough oak limbs to make 10, four foot long by 1.5 foot diameter bundles in about 4 hours. The largest limbs I cut this time were about 3 1/2 inches in diameter. All this was done from the safety of the ground -- no ladders, no climbing trees, no climbing up on the roof. (It took me longer to trim and bundle the limbs to the size my garbage service would pick up than it did to cut them off the tree.) I love everything about the Black and Decker pole saw. Plain and simple -- especially considering what it would have cost me to hire someone else to do this -- it's one of the best investments I have ever made!

4.0 out of 5 stars B&D 18 volt pole saw, August 13, 2012
bw37 "bw37" (Culpeper, VA USA) - See all my reviews
We bought the B&D 18 volt pole saw because we already have several 18 volt B&D garden tools and are happy with most of them. The saw performed as well as could be expected for that light a unit. The battery works for about 40-45 minuted of sawing. It is not as fast sawing as a gas powered unit, but cuts well on 3 inch or less limbs. It is far lighter than gas powered pole saws and starts easier for my 75 year old strength. I am 6 feet all and have cut off a 4 inch dia. limb about 14 feet off the ground. With 6 batteries and 5 chargers (due to the other B&D units) we can do yard work for a whole day. The batteries cannot be charged after a use and expect them to be okay when you go to use them (especially afer a couple of weeks), it is best to charge them a day or so in advance of use for maximum use. We have a hedge trimmer and string trimmer which also run about 45 min per charge, but the leaf blower does not last more than about 10 minutes. Another BIG plus is that they are all light enough for my wife (73) to use.

Black & Decker RC800 8-Inch Saw Chain for CCS818, and NPP2018