Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty V-Day Valentine's Day Cards Bring a little greenery into your home Amazon Gift Card Offer jstfd6 jstfd6 jstfd6  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Lisa Loeb AMO Winter Sports on Amazon.com Sale

on December 30, 2005
I am on my 3rd one, exchanged or returned all the others. They have all had issues with not brewing, stopping in the middle, and leaking water from the tank.

Even if they didn't have these problems, its difficult to pour the coffee without spilling it all over.

Horrible. Horrible Horrible.
on May 18, 2006
Extreemly difficult to open. More times than not, you are going to spill coffee on the counter, suggest pouring of sink, unless you have a white sink. Very poorly designed.
on May 15, 2006
The coffee basket keeps popping out while brewing and therefor the coffee is not able to drip into the glass pot and it over flows from the basket onto the counter and our wood floor!!!!!! The basket also has a metal front and gets very, very hot. We are taking our pot back to the store for a full refund! Very disapointed as we sold our home with our old B&D undercount pot that we loved and had for 9 years!
on January 2, 2006
Coffee drips into the cold "thermos" as it is brewing. The pot heats up to almost hot but there is no burner so the coffee never gets very hot and cools off rapidly. It's very difficult to pour and hard to get the top back on straight. Don't even think about buying this one.
on May 21, 2006
Its too bad the only spacemaker available is tarnished by a badly designed caraffe. Everything else is good except when you go to pour your coffee it only comes out at a trickle pace or it spills down the side.
on July 10, 2006
This is the worst B&D product I have ever bought.Pot leaks when u try to pour,comes out in a trickle.Reservoir is hard to hold(no handle)sometimes it leaks while brewing.Poorly designed product
on April 17, 2006
As everyone has said on this list, the pot on this coffee maker ruins the whole thing. Otherwise, decent machine. We had no choice but to buy this type of coffee maker because it's for our office and there's no counter space in the kitchenette. I read the reviews, hoped for the best and got exactly what everyone else said. Impossible to pour this without it dribbling out all over the place. Ridiculous design. Too bad, because it overshadows an otherwise efficient machine.
on March 18, 2006
I have a Black & Decker Spacemaker coffee maker before they came out with the Thermal carafe, and have been really happy with it. Having fairly hard water, and even with cleaning it monthly, know the life is limited. Thought about buying a newer model before mine breaks down, but this one sounds bad. I can see why Target stopped carrying this model, probably too many customer complaints. Glad I read these reviews, I won't waste my time.
on January 13, 2006
All the statements below are very true statements. Received this item for Christmas and it is the worst coffee pot I have had as well. It looks great and matches my other kitchen items but that the only good mark I have. By the way, you can buy the cheapest coffee pot made and get hotter coffee, it is worth a "0" rating...
on February 12, 2006
The coffe does not stay hot and it is very difficult to pour. It is a all around poorly desingned and built unit. I bought the "old school" style Black and Decker, plain jane unit and it worked great for 13 years. I thought this would be the same. I would not recommend this coffee maker. I dont know what they were thinking when they made it.