5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Bagel Toaster

3.0 out of 5 stars SLOT IS A LITTLE TO DEEP
Published on June 12, 2010 by Dogwood

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Bagel Toaster, March 31, 2010
This review is from: Black & Decker T4569B 4-Slice Toaster, Black (Kitchen)
I love bagels and primarily use a toaster for that one purpose (with some toast thrown in from time to time). This toaster is exactly what I needed as it actually caters to bagels without substituting quality in other applications. Functionally it's pretty flawless. I can get my bagels toasted evenly and at the correct brownness with little effort. It's a nice looking modern toaster, and while it might not have every whiz-bang feature that more expensive models offer, it does what it does humbly and with excellence.

The toaster slot size is 5.375 inches long by 1.5 inches wide.

PROS:

1) Dual trays for bagels or toast with self-adjusting guides for thinner items like sliced bread

2) Cancel button that makes it easy to eject something mid-way through. This is especially handy as you're getting to know the toaster and how to get your desired level of toasting.

3) A bagel button for toasting just the inside of the bagel. There are even markings on the toaster to show you how to insert the bagel.

4) A frozen item button for getting your hot-pockets perfectly cooked.

5) Simple, but pleasing design.

6) Very nice unit for the price.

Cons:

1) Not as many features as some other models.

Summary:

This is a very nice toaster for the price range. It does a few things really well. It might not have everything you could possibly want in a toaster, but for getting a bagel perfectly cooked it's great.

4.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding, March 30, 2010
This review is from: Black & Decker T4569B 4-Slice Toaster, Black (Kitchen)
This toaster is exactly what I wanted and expected. Bagels are perfect, toast is wonderful, and frozen items toast great with the frozen button. I really like the cancel button when something doesn't work. Love my toaster.

3.0 out of 5 stars SLOT IS A LITTLE TO DEEP, June 12, 2010
This review is from: Black & Decker T4569B 4-Slice Toaster, Black (Kitchen)
Toaster works great and we love the cancel button, but many things that we toast do not pop up past heating elements, where you can safely retrieve them. I have many light burns trying to get things out. I finally sat a pair of tongs by the toaster to get items out. Yesterday my wife put some thin buns in and one slid by the cradle and went to the bottom of toaster. I had to unplug toaster, turn toaster over and shake it out. We love how it looks on the counter and it does a great job toasting, but you have to be extremely careful removing products.

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than $100 toasters, June 8, 2010
Dutchman211 (Colorado Springs, CO) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Black & Decker T4569B 4-Slice Toaster, Black (Kitchen)
My wife and I bought 4 different toasters over the last couple of months and returned them all because they didn't toast evenly. We even bought a a $100 toaster thinking that if we spent more money, it would work better. We were wrong.

So I get on Amazon and I do a search on the highest rated toasters and find this one. I was hesitant because it was cheaper than most of the toasters we purchased and returned.

When it came in the mail and we put a few pieces of bread through it. This thing toasts bread incredibly evenly!!! I became the house hero in the eyes of my wife for finding her a toaster that works as well as this one! I know it sounds cheesy but it's true.

We've had the toaster for a few months and it still works as great as it did when we first tried it.

Highly recommend it!!!

1.0 out of 5 stars Just Doesn't Toast, June 16, 2010
John McQuade (New York, NY United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Black & Decker T4569B 4-Slice Toaster, Black (Kitchen)
While I have always been happy with Black and Decker products in the past, this toaster was a disappointment. Since this is a toaster, one would suppose that it would toast. This is not the case. When cooking an English Muffin, it takes two cycles at the highest setting for it to even begin to start toasting. I even tried using the "frozen" setting to cook an English Muffin and after five minutes of toasting it still came out with the barest hint of toasting around the edges. The other issue is that bagels and muffins do not raise up high enough at the end of the alledged toasting cycle which means that you have to reach in to pull them out and take the chance of being burned. I'll be getting rid of this and ordering another toaster from a different manufacturer.

1.0 out of 5 stars Very Slow, very cheaply made., June 14, 2010
This review is from: Black & Decker T4569B 4-Slice Toaster, Black (Kitchen)
This toaster looks great and is reasonably priced- but beware: It is very
weak in the heating department. It takes twice as long (literally) as my old toaster, which makes it almost useless when trying to prepare breakfast or have a quick piece of toast on the fly. It also has no operation to help lift the bread or bagel out once toasted- meaning you will need a fork or something similar!
Cheaply made, altogether a bad product. Back to my old toaster.

5.0 out of 5 stars Its a toaster people., May 2, 2010
This review is from: Black & Decker T4569B 4-Slice Toaster, Black (Kitchen)
Got this with my amazon giftcard balance because i was tired of using a toaster oven which only toasts one side at a time, this toaster looks good and it serves the purpose well. LOVE IT. I would recommmend for those who need a good family toaster, good quality, good price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Toaster, February 3, 2010
This review is from: Black & Decker T4569B 4-Slice Toaster, Black (Kitchen)
The toaster was delivered quickly. We have been using the toaster for over a month and it does a great job of toasting bread, English muffins and bagels.

1.0 out of 5 stars Fundamentally Flawed - hard to do with a toaster, October 19, 2010
This review is from: Black & Decker T4569B 4-Slice Toaster, Black (Kitchen)
How do you screw up something as traditional and time-honored as a toaster? Well, they managed to do it with this unit -- twice.
First, when you drop in toast it sits on a flimsy platform of wires that is too narrow so any normal or thin piece of toast slides off the platform and to the bottom of the toaster slot -- wedged between the radiant shield guard and the platform and resting at the bottom of the toaster. Not just thin toast but just about anything because the platform cover probably only 40% of the gap. This means you will be fishing 50% of the slices out of the toaster bottom. And that's where the second problem lies. Crumbs are removed by two removable sliding trays but there is no direct access to the bottom of the toaster so anything larger than a crumb is wedged in the bottom of the toaster and you can't get at it to remove it. Since half of your toast will be wedged in the bottom, it becomes a major trial to get at it. Of course if this happens with the toaster on, the bread catches fire, making for a fun time. This may be the worst designed toaster I have encountered in my life. It is really hard to screw something this simple up but they managed to do it. Avoid this product at all costs.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Toaster, April 12, 2010
This review is from: Black & Decker T4569B 4-Slice Toaster, Black (Kitchen)
My wife suggested I buy this toaster as there is one in the break room where she works. The toaster has been there longer than my wife has worked for her employer (1.5 years), and is still going strong. It is used way more than a toaster at home would be used and is still going strong. The toaster I bought does an excellent jog toasting bread, English muffins, bagels. My son says it also does OK on Eggo's. For $37 I can't complain. Great toaster for the money.

Black & Decker T4569B 4-Slice Toaster, Black