5.0 out of 5 stars Works perfectly...
Published on September 6, 2012 by Jayde

3.0 out of 5 stars Kinda Heavy and the Guard is flimsy
Published 18 months ago by Joe

5.0 out of 5 stars Works perfectly..., September 6, 2012
Jayde (North Carolina) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Black & Decker TR117 3.2-Amp Hedge Trimmer, 17-Inch (Lawn & Patio)
I was looking for something to cut close to my rose bushes where the lawn mower couldn't reach. I tried the smaller cordless version from Black and Decker and was very disappointed with the battery life. I couldn't cut around them all in the 10 minute battery time. I ordered this hedge trimmer and it works PERFECTLY. I really wanted a cordless one but this one has so much more power and I don't have to worry about the battery running out in a short period of time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good bush trimmer - extremely long lasting, September 6, 2012
Stephen E. Franklin (Bossier City, LA United States) - See all my reviews
Unfortunately, I had another similar trimmer, same brand, specs., that lasted about 20 years, but it finally went to trimmer heaven. I gave up all hope of resurrecting it, so knew better than trying another brand. Highly recommend this product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Linda P, August 27, 2012
I liked it because all I had to do was plug it in and it is light weight
easy for a woman to use

5.0 out of 5 stars Powerful, effective, and not intimidating at all, April 29, 2013
This clipper is lightweight, powerful, and not intimidating despite my irrational fear of power tools.

For years I suffered with a wimpy, battery operated hedge trimmer. It was weak, got jammed a lot, and the charge only lasted for 10 minutes. When that trimmer was brought low by a tiny twig, I swallowed my fear and bought this electric trimmer.

WOW what a difference. I just plugged it in, pressed the start button, and after just a few seconds of fear I was clipping away like a pro. I finished in about 30 minutes what would have taken days with the battery operated trimmer.

WOW. I should have bought this years ago.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very solid - especially for the price, March 22, 2013
W. Keller (Sacramento, CA) - See all my reviews
I've had this about a month and have trimmed mature shrubs (including azaleas), and it cuts through pretty think branches with no problem. Just need to use a lopper for the really big ones as this is not meant to be commercial grade. It runs smooth, relatively quiet, and trims fast. The safety on / off is easy to operated. Nothing I dislike about this trimmer and it was more than I expected.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for small bushes, April 27, 2013
Mark R. (Boise, ID USA) - See all my reviews
It's just the right size for small bushes. It's easy to use and gets into tight spots well. Our bushes are small and round, so this is a good fit. If you have a tall hedge with straight sides, consider getting a longer trimmer.

3.0 out of 5 stars Kinda Heavy and the Guard is flimsy, July 17, 2013
I like it and will use it. For the price its ok. The hand guard is flimsy and don't forget to take out the side screws and then screw in the guard. I felt it was kind of heavy and did not balance well for more that 5 minutes of use. Be mindful of where the electric cord hangs, seems like a no brainer however it only takes a second for that accident to happen. Also the the safety is good for starting accidentally however once its on and going there is power to the cutters. Overall 3 Stars, not bad not great, just Meh for $34

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome for the price!, March 19, 2013
I have only used this once but it worked great! It needs to be plugged it so I feel it will last longer and if you are using it for at home hedge trimming you wont be dissapointed. 30-something dollars, and it arrived FAST! My yard looks so much better now :)

4.0 out of 5 stars Great For Home Use Only, February 19, 2013
Steve Taylor (Only visiting this planet) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Not made for the professional this home hedge trimmer does the trick. No messing with gas engines or mixing fuel. It's relatively quiet (you do not need ear protection) and easy to operate. It has an easy to use safety switch for those who like to touch sharp moving blades. It's fairly lightweight and the handles are easy to hold. There is a well-designed loop system to hold the extension cord so it does not come unplugged. The construction is good and should give its owner years of use.

I found it typical yet amusing that the picture on the box showed a one inch wooden branch but the numbers next to it said it cuts branches up to 5/8 inch. Some companies think all consumers are stupid.

4.0 out of 5 stars Efortless, September 1, 2012
It meet all my expectations, since it's a portable equipment even for a woman is very easy to handle and operate and the level of sound is acceptable as well as the power.

Black & Decker TR117 3.2-Amp Hedge Trimmer, 17-Inch