4.0 out of 5 stars Exactly What I Needed
Published on May 28, 2012 by Pflarr

1.0 out of 5 stars One Star
Not informative...Mostly for new projects
Published 3 days ago by Thomas Buckley

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Exactly What I Needed, May 28, 2012
Pflarr "generic_super_user" (Socorro, NM United States) - See all my reviews
Like the other Black & Decker book I own, this one eschews long winded explanations for pictures and a few explanations. In many cases, that's exactly what's needed, and drywall is just such an instance. I needed to know about drywall types, drywall fasteners, and drywall finishing, and this told me exactly what I needed to know. Additionally, it covers working with drywall substitutes in wet situation, namely Hardy Backer Board and similar, as well as how to deal with transitions between HBB and regular drywall.

5.0 out of 5 stars DIY must-have, February 27, 2012
I just had a header beam installed in my basement. Part of DIY was to drywall around the beam, 2x6 supports, and 2 sides of 1'x12' of exposed ceiling. This book gave me the confidence to DIY.

As Dana mentioned, this is a must-have. Buy this book for under $20 and you'll save $1000's going forward.

5.0 out of 5 stars a great book for doing your own repairs, December 17, 2010
this is part of the Black and decker series of books that i love, i own most of them. they are full of information for DIY-ers and it is all in picture so you can see what is going on. it shows you how to texture and make corners..things that you can do yourself..

5.0 out of 5 stars Pretty Good, October 27, 2013
Pretty good, I learned some things I didnt know before. The drywall is already up so I'm glad I watched the DVD because I was definitely going to make a mistake when it came to mud & taping. I returned some things to Homedepot and bought the right tools.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent resource for beginner/DIYer, October 14, 2013
Jim C (Pittsburgh, PA) - See all my reviews
I have several of the Black & Decker books in this series, and they have taken much of the mystique out of home maintenance. This book takes the fear out of drywall repair and installation. Is there an art to it? Yes. Can you do it? Yes. The companion DVD gives some great advice and takes you step by step through a few typical scenarios you may encounter during a project. We have decided to refinish our basement, and I have complete confidence that I can hang the drywall as I've used the tips in this book to patch damage in other places with outstanding results.

5.0 out of 5 stars really good book on drywall, November 15, 2013
I recommend this book. it is very helpful. it also includes a very good dvd. this is the best drywall book I have read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Teacher, October 4, 2010
Dana Jetton Jacobs (Longwood, FL United States) - See all my reviews
This book was very informative. There are plenty of pictures along with the instructions.
If you are a DIY drywaller, this is a must have.

5.0 out of 5 stars just right, April 23, 2014
This book had all of the information needed to help me repair dry wall on my first attempt. The pictures and sequence worked.

5.0 out of 5 stars great details...love the book, March 16, 2014
This review is from: Black & Decker Working with Drywall (Kindle Edition)
I love the book. Since I purchased the kindle version is there a way to obtain the videos from the DVD?

5.0 out of 5 stars This book inspired me!, September 9, 2013
I have a drywall project in my basement after pluming leak. This book gave me lots of ideas on how to fix the problem. It also comes with a CD of the book for easy reference.
Hats off to Black & Decker.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›