Truck Month Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Jessy Lanza Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Grocery The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Outdoor Recreation

on September 13, 2009
While this can be used for some of black diamonds head lights, I use it specifically for their Apollo lanterns. The battery is a Nickel Metal Hydride battery and as the picture shows, it comes with 4 adapters so you can use it in domestic or international power outlets. The nice thing about this is you can plug it directly into the unit itself so you don't have to open it up and take the battery out. I am extremely thankful that Black Diamond decided to make this as I hate buying batteries and this just makes the Apollo lantern that much better.

There really isn't much else to say for this one. The Apollo lantern is outstanding. I not only use them for camping, I also use them for emergency lighting in my house. Again giving them a rechargeable option just makes them that much better. I cant possibly give the Apollo or this rechargeable kit a higher recommendation. IMO, its the best option currently on the market.

5 stars and then some...
on February 21, 2014
I bought this to use with the Black Diamond icon headlamp that I also purchased through Amazon. It does not fit and does not work for the icon headlamp so I am going to have to return this charger and extra battery unit. What a pain in the ... Very unhappy about the misleading description on Amazon's listing.
on February 26, 2014
First, this ONLY works with the Icon headlamp that is pre-2012. The newer version is NOT compatible with this battery kit.

My husband has had his Icon headlamp for about 2 1/2 years and it is still going strong, but we kept going through the batteries, both disposable and eneloop rechargables. This battery kit makes the light much brighter than it was with the aa's and seems to last longer as well. It easily charges overnight (manual says no more than 8 hours and it's charged). Additionally, when it is done charging, it shuts off, even if it is plugged in, so it won't overcharge and ruin the batteries. Next, we want the car charger so he can keep it charged when he is working and doesn't have access to an outlet. I suppose the extra pieces that allow you to plug it into various types of outlets would be great if you travel internationally, but for us, it's just unnecessary. This would be ideal if it came with a car charger as well.
on January 23, 2014
We ordered this because it says that it goes with the headlamp it is shown with. It does not. Won't even plug into the the charger. My husband works nights outside so the headlamp is a must have for him. He was highly upset that it was listed as usually bought together bu it doesn't even work with the headlamp
on February 9, 2010
I purchased this to use with a Black Diamond Icon headlamp. The battery fits the compartment perfectly, and it's very easy to plug the recharger into the headlamp ( there's a connector with a rubber cover on the outside of the headlamp battery compartment ). Though I have no need for all the power adapters, I think this is a nice feature - not a bunch of different chargers - just slide in the adapter you need. The battery was already charged when I got the kit. The charge lasted much longer than the rechargeable AA batteries I have been using, and it didn't take long to recharge the battery pack when it did run down. This is a nice, well designed battery pack.
on August 18, 2014
Charges the battery just fine. Burn times are long. Can't turn on the light when the charger is connected. So that means if you use this for emergency lighting you need to manually pull the plug and then remember to plug it back in when your done using the light. Rechargeable battery completely replaces the sled for other batteries. Which is now loose in my house where I am likely to loose it. Would like to see light redesigned to not need a sled and to be able to power on the light with charger connected.
on May 30, 2014
I have a Black Diamond Apollo lantern, and have taken it camping and hiking all over. The only downside was the need to carry extra batteries; additional weight I didn't want, and waste I didn't want to make. I knew Black Diamond made a rechargeable battery kit, but could never find one at the outdoor stores nearby. I finally found this one on Amazon, and at a great price to boot. Installation was a snap, just one wire connecting inside the battery housing. The directions said to let charge for at least four hours - I plugged mine in on Thursday night and finally packed it up Friday afternoon before heading to the campground. That gave me enough juice for all of Memorial Day weekend. The lights stayed on while making dinner, and after the campfire burned out. Plus, it was a relief knowing I wasn't throwing away all those old batteries anymore. I'm recharging the kit now, to use again this weekend. Definitely a great purchase.
on January 17, 2015
Bought this along with a BD Apollo Lantern. Extremely glad I did. It's well made/designed, holds its charge for an unexpectedly longer-than-usual time, & thus of course it also saves SIGNIFICANT $$ on disposable batteries. Well worth its reasonable price & more-than-obvious usefulness.
on March 4, 2014
I wish I had read the negative reviews on this product before purchasing (shame on me), but like others have said, this does not work with the Icon headlamp. The Amazon description is not just misleading, it absolutely wrong. The rechargable battery is nowhere near the proper configuration to fit in the battery case. What a complete disappointment.
on December 11, 2012
This works perfectly for my Black Diamond Apollo Lantern. Works for car camping or a 2 or 3 mile hike and camp. A little too much weight for through hikes.