Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Chi-Raq easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Valentine's Day Cards Knock snow out cold Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now Sale

VINE VOICEon March 31, 2009
Bought one of these ("Orchid" color) for my girlfriend when we started climbing regularly. She absolutely loves the thing. She claims that it's far more comfortable than the harnesses rented out by our local indoor climbing gym, and I'm inclined to agree -- I bought the men's version Black Diamond Momentum AL Harness not long before I bought her this one.

One note regarding the sizing: she was right on the edge between small and medium (in the waist), so I bought her the medium, but it turns out that the small would have fit her legs better. Be sure to check both sizes before ordering.
44 comments24 of 25 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 15, 2010
I go an indoor climbing gym 4 or 5 times a week and purchased this harness when the rentals got a bit to uncomfortable for longer project climbs. It's very comfortable lead climbing, top roping, and belaying. I was a little concerned that the gear loops stuck out a bit much, but they haven't gotten in the way at all, and the plastic coating makes it easy to unhook my gear when I need it.

I'm 5'8" with a 29" waist and 39" hips, and the small fits me perfectly (I initially debated getting a medium). However, I prefer to wear the harness high, on my natural waist, so if you want something a little more hip hugging, you might want to size up.

I have not used this harness on real rock, yet, but I'm sure it'll be fine once the weather warms up and I can take it outside.
on January 14, 2014
This harness does what it says it should do, which is keep me attached to a rope without letting me drop to the ground. Shows no wear and tear so far.
22 comments13 of 14 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 8, 2015
Good fitting harness but when I tried it on, the waist buckles were very hard to unstrap and re strap which is what you have to do every time you get in and out of the harness. I've tried on the Black Diamond SA harness, you can easily get in and out because it has 2 buckles ( as you can see in the photos ). I returned the AL harness for the SA harness.
on July 12, 2012
This is an excellent beginner's harness. It's very comfy! I got an x-small and it fits perfectly (I have a 26" waist and weigh 124 lbs.). I recommend going to the Black Diamond website and looking at the size chart for this specific harness.
on January 2, 2013
Although I have only used this product for less than a year, the harness (despite my small size) fits me perfectly and comfortably, especially for long and strenuous climbs. There's plenty of places to put carabiners and other gear and it is definitely beginner-friendly for any female who just began rock climbing. I would recommend this product to any female climber searching for a safe and comfortable harness.
on December 27, 2012
good harness for indoor climbing, like the design, true to size, good adjustable. ,the price is very good for this quality
on March 29, 2015
I love this harnass. I used it for indoor Rock climbing (Belay) and it is very comfortable. It has nice padding and a snug fit. I love the subtle purple/lavender color; it is just the right touch of feminine but not overly so. FIT: from the other reviews I was torn on what size to get and luckily I chose the perfect fit. I got a Small. I'm 5'8" and about 122 pounds. I'd say the small would range from like 115-130 pounds and height could vary a few inches as well.
on February 24, 2014
Overall this harness seemed to be of good quality and well made, but I can only give this 3 stars because the sizing was off. I have a 25" waist and ordered an XS based on the size chart provided. It was extremely difficult to pull over my hips and very uncomfortable once I had it on. I ended up returning it and ordering a different brand in the same size and that fit perfectly. I recommend sizing up if you do order this harness.
on February 23, 2013
I like that it comes in a nice case that is handy for storing it.
I've already been trying it out for several weeks now and it is a good quality and reliable. I realize I probably should have gotten a smaller size, but I just tighten it all the way up and it works just fine.
I'm very glad I purchased it and it was worth the money.