Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Look Park Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Segway miniPro

Color: Titanium|Size: One Size|Change
Price:$56.95 - $153.32

on October 22, 2012
I've had a couple of cheaper headlamps in the past and tended not to wear them because they were either uncomfortable or unbalanced (too much weight up front) when running. So, when looking for this lamp, there were several things that I absolutely wanted:

* Light weight/comfortable fit (maybe that should be two things, but for my purposes, I've considered them together)
* Bright but adjustable (angle and brightness)
* Rechargeable (I won't wear this on long, multi-day hiking adventures -- I needed something that could comfortably and reliably go on, up to, 3 hour runs) -- the 2032 battery powered lamps tend to need the batteries replaced pretty frequently and the lamps with larger batteries are just bulkier than I was comfortable with for running
* Wanted a rear light for safety.

The Sprinter, met all of these requirements. On longer runs, this lamp is comfortable to the point of hardly noticing it's there (except for the bright bit of light in front of me). The light is bright and can be adjusted (dimmed). I haven't found that I've needed it full strength, though it has the battery life to last for just about any run, even full bright (Black Diamond claims 6hrs at full). I never have to change batteries -- just set it on its charger before bed and pull it off before heading out in the am (Black Diamond claims 5hrs to charge). And, finally, the small red light on the back adds an extra bit of safety out on the roads. I have no real complaints with this lamp. It costs a little more than I'd hoped to spend, but it's comfortable, easy to adjust to fit and use, and does it's job beautifully. Oh, and I was recently caught out in a heavy downpour. As advertised, it is indeed waterproof.
11 comment| 66 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 8, 2013
I live in the Northwest were poor visibility weather is only exceeded by terrible drivers. As I am running to improve my health getting killed by a biker or car would seem somewhat sad. Yes thanks, I guess funny or ironic as well.

This thing is small, lightweight and illuminates the darkest trails in pitch black conditions. Light has an adjustable tilt that can illuminate trail floor or further out depending on the terrain. I run on a trail and love the faces of bikers when they realize my little light is brighter than their car battery handlebar mounted version. Well if they can see, usually they are just blinded which results in what I call "Squinty mole face". There is no light this size that is brighter or that you would want to be brighter for running. You can even dim it if desired, the squinty mole face bikers will be thankful.

The rear blinking red light is also great. Unfortunately it does not make a sound when moving in reverse but it is highly visible even for terrible Seattle drivers in rainy poor visibility conditions. You can turn it off if desired. I personally wear it with red light blinking indoors to announce the fact I intend on going for a run, (my wife does not know I can turn it off).

Since it is rechargeable I save a lot of money on batteries. Have not tested the life of the charge to the limit but I have not really had to. This also contributes to it being light weight, I usually forget I have it on.

Even if I bring it on hikes I likely could get by with one charge. If you are into long camping trips without access to a recharge there are other diamondback versions of this that would be better for you (Bulkier but battery operated).
on September 19, 2014
Well the headlamp does what it was supposed to do, allow me to see clearly when running early in the morning before the sun comes up. Pavement was clearly visible, and felt in little danger of stepping in unexpected potholes. My trust Petzl headlamp, I believe 50 lumens, perhaps less was not quite up to the job, fading after decade+ of use. This headlamp was also significantly lighter, comfortable, like the strap system, so the lamp is stable while I am running, and also thought useful to have the red blinking light on the back behind the battery pack as a safety feature. The lamps snaps neatly in to the charger. I like the fact that I don't constantly have to replace batteries. The red blinking light in the back blinks very fast (back to this in a moment). The front beam provides excellent illumination.

Now to the strange part, and wondering if it relates to the headlamp. Used it for the first time this past Wednesday morning. About a mile into the run, I felt a large object land on my head, fairly forcefully, and then fly off in front of me. It was an owl. Chalked it up to a good story to tell my coworkers. Then on Thursday morning, went out again, this time with a hat as it was cool and just in case, also before sunrise, passed the same spot as my encounter the previous day, no issue so far. Continued on my circular route. It was now just barely dawn and I saw an owl sitting in a tree on the side of the road, probably a quarter mile or more physical distance from previous encounter. I have never seen an owl on my runs previous to this week. I greeted it, rather cordially considering my previous encounter - not sure if the same owl, but made some grumbling about my previous experience with owls in general. Went on running. About 5 second later, boom, the owl had pushed off from my head (like previous incident came from behind so did not see it, and they are really quiet flight as I have found out, no idea I was being stalked). I screamed at it and kept on running. A few second later, boom, hit me on the head again. Screamed at it again, and doubled my pace. This time it drew some blood despite the hat. Found some articles on the internet about other runners being attacked by owls. This morning I went out, pretty much same route with a DIFFERENT headlamp, actually the Black Diamond Spot HeadLamp, no blinker on the back of the headstrap. No issue. I am wondering if the rapid blinker on the back was particularly irritating to the owl population or at least gave them a guided beacon to the stop of my head. Other than the owl incidents the headlamp is perfect. I will probably be saving it for hiking or at least a different season of the year.
33 comments| 39 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 14, 2015
Love, love, love this headlamp! I did extensive research before making this purchase. I'm a runner and sometimes am forced to run in the dark. This headlamp is even better than I expected. The tilt feature comes in very handy, depending on the terrain I'm running on. Also, I love the flashing back light. The ability to dim the headlight as needed is another great feature. I find myself using this for more than just running. It comes in super handy when I am working around the house in dark areas. It eliminates the need for a flashlight and allows me to have two free hands. It's become a standard tool for me on house-cleaning days. I've had this lamp on for as long as 6 hours and it's still super bright. It's so lightweight, that sometimes I forget I'm wearing it, until I pass a window or mirror and darn near blind myself. :)
The fact that this is rechargeable, was a big selling point for me. Just clip the back lamp onto the enclosed charger and soon you have full battery power again. No need to constantly replace heavy batteries.
My husband used to joke about how often I wear mine, but has now asked me to purchase one for him as well. He should be getting his today. :)
review image
on October 10, 2012
I've done a few night runs with this headlamp. It's plenty bright enough to see where you are going, and with the over the top of the head strap readily adjusted so it doesn't bounce around, yet isn't too tight on your head, and in fact is so light its easy to forget you've got it on. It'd be nice to have one of those newer ones that auto adjusts the brightness so you don't blind everyone you try to talk to. The blinking rear red light is great if you're going to run on the road and easily turned off if not required. THe charging kit with adaptors for plugs all over the world is a total unexpected bonus. I've never had it dim unexpectedly on me, seems to hold a good charge for a long time, but I've never used it for more than 2-3 hours.

If you're looking for a good running headlamp, this has certainly worked well for me. Also good for all sorts of other activities - camping, walking dogs at night, home maintenance in attic or basement or confined spaces.
on March 19, 2015
Great for running at night! Lightweight, comfortable and recharges quickly. I was a little skeptical about running with a headlamp, but I find myself forgetting that I'm wearing it because it's so unobtrusive. I like that the red rear light can be turned off and on. Highly recommend.
on April 23, 2015
If you run or bike or walk or anything when it's dark outside...you need this light. No, it's not cheap but ummm getting hit by a car is not cheap either and I'd rather not experience that! The light on this is super bright. It had a back light too which is really nice...they see me in either direction and I run on the road so I like that! It's rechargeable via a USB so no more changing batteries every other run! It stays on my head well...doesn't move around unlike the last one I had and it's water resistant...so if I get rained on no worreis!
on November 24, 2014
I have just began to train for my marathon and this means I'll be running a lot at night. A large part of my route is pitch dark (can't-even-see-my-hands-in-front-of-me kind of dark), so I definitely needed something bright enough. More so, I'm looking for something that fits my requirements as follows:

1. I have small head (yes I wear kids beanie) so I want a headlight that is well fitting.
2. I'm a marathon runner, comfort is important for my long runs. A headlight that is small & lightweight is key.
3. Who wants a bouncing headlight that gives you a big headache and make you want to rip it off mid-run? Not me!
4. Ok, having a well lit path is great, not only you can see what's ahead, other road users can also see you. But having a red blinking strobe light at the rear is a great bonus! You want others to spot you from behind too right? Well, I do!
5. When I'm out there, i do not want to worry about running out of battery, nor do I want to carry extra AAA batteries (along with my gels, water bottle, phone?! Are you kidding me?). This baby comes with USB cable & charger for you to charge it's built-in lithium battery. Talk about saving the earth too!

So there you have it! Since this headlamp serves all my requirement, I don't see why I don't give it a 5 stars rating and recommend others to use it too! No big deal but I just wish it comes with more color choices for the strap.

Btw, I wear it over my running cap/beanie and no issue at all. Just did a 2hr run earlier and felt awesome! I trust that this light, when fully charged, can go longer than I can! (It says that the light at max brightness can go on for 6hrs, while lowest light level can stay on for 42hrs!)
on November 14, 2013
I have been using this for two years now, for night running during three different Ragnar Relays. The light is bright, the tail light can be turned on or off while the headlight is on, and the ability to recharge it is very handy. I am sure it is a little heavier than some because it is carrying its own battery, but it fits well, wears well, and stays charged for a LONG time. I would definitely recommend this as a great Ragnar headlamp, as well as a great headlamp in general.
on October 7, 2015
I’ve been putting this headlamp through the literal paces every night for the last month and a half; it has yet to let me down. Key points:

- It has a fully-adjustable range: hold down the top front button to cycle from a personal spotlight to a gentle glow just above full-moon light.
- A capacitive switch on the right side of the front button lets you instantly jump from your selected brightness to maximum, and back. (This is extremely useful when a dim light is all you need to see the sidewalk, but you want to make sure you’re impossible to miss while crossing the street.)
- The rear-facing red strobe can be toggled with its own switch.

My only quibble: the green charging LED is, in my opinion, brighter than strictly necessary — bright enough that I set the unit down on my nightstand when I get home, but don’t plug it into the charger until the morning. (Or the early evening. It charges quickly enough that my occasional forgetfulness isn’t an issue.)

That one little quirk aside, it’s a great unit, and I’d buy it again in a heartbeat.