Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Black Hairy Thick Tail Scorpion
Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

Remember when Animal Planet had shows like The Crocodile Hunter and Jeff Corwin Experience? You know, shows actually about animals? Dom Monaghan (and BBCA) deliver us from Reality TV with 'Dom's Wild Things'. Educational and entertaining, this nature show includes elements of a travel show that will make even viewers not so into those that slither and crawl enjoy the ride. Monaghan is a brilliant host; his love for animals is infectious and his enthusiasm will definitely make you smile! Here's hoping for a Season 2!!!
on April 12, 2013
Dominic Monaghan does a great job in hosting this show. I love how he travels to other countries to seek out wildlife that people haven't heard of or have never seen. It's great to see him interact with the local community and show parts of cultures that one normally doesn't see. Very informative and entertaining, I can't wait for Season 2. Monaghan's passion for animals makes him as cute as a button!
on March 5, 2013
This is such a fun, educational show to watch with the family! Dominic is the perfect host, he makes you feel like you're experiencing everything together with him! I definitely look at the "creepy crawlies" in a different light now. Every animal has a purpose in this world and deserves our respect. I love the way he thanks every creature on his path for hanging out with him for a bit. His passion and enthusiasm for wildlife and traveling in general really shows and keeps you glued to your screen all the way through the episodes. You don't just learn a lot about wildlife, but also about the life, food, and customs in all the countries he visits. He does everything in such an energetic, positive manner that you can't help getting involved by laughing or yelling at him with everything he does!
on February 2, 2013
I like the show, it gets me as close to these animals (which I'm generally terrified about) as I'm willing to get, but safely. It's interesting to learn about these animals which we share the earth with and I love when Dominic makes a 'detour' such as when he spied that huge snake in episode 1 and just climbed the tree for a closer look. No way would I do that--although it was beautiful--and let it just climb all over him. That man has B*^^s. Good luck with the show and thank you for showing us another side of your life other than your terrific acting abilities. I'm envious of anyone that is able to and willing to just live in the moment and travel and discover first hand things that most of us only read about in books.
on April 14, 2013
Honestly, I am not someone who watches reality shows or TV documentary shows. "Reality shows" don't typically have enough reality in them for my taste, and documentaries have a little too much reality. But I love, love, love this show!

Hey, I also don't write Amazon reviews, but I made an exception for this show.

Granted, I am a Dominic Monaghan fan, but my past viewing history has shown that actor/actress preference doesn't assure I'll like or even finish a show. I think it's the awesome experience of seeing, even if through the removed-perspective of a computer screen, rare animals that are also generally feared, endangered, or just spectacular (i.e. animals I already find fascinating). Add Dom's giddy, child-like excitement to the rare animals and this show is an absolute delight. Honestly, the guy goes crazy when he so much as sees a lizard or a snake. He'll pretty much throw his backpack down wherever and dive head-long after the creature in question. Once he even spotted a lizard on the road while driving, stopped the vehicle, and ran after and caught the lizard. Seriously, that is how excitable this guy is.

Of course, if you hate animals, or generally hate anything that doesn't have fur (although some furry critters are sighted), you might not love the show, but it is funny, fascinating, and edge-of-your-seat intense when the animal in question is one you yourself are afraid of. So don't let your own phobias stop you from watching. (Add fear of heights to fear of animals, since Dom has to do an awful lot of climbing and I too, am afraid of heights.) I also love that before each excursion Dom normally takes time to check out the local food and culture. Sadly, I am still terrified of spiders, the show didn't change that, but I am finding that I can actually look at the screen now (don't hide my eyes). Dom's smile and giddy excitement makes it hard to close your eyes, or even blink. I hope there's a second season!!!
on July 1, 2013
I really enjoy this show; Dom is a cool guy and I've missed Steve Irwin and his type of show so much. While there will never be another Steve Irwin (only Bindi can come as close), Dom fills the bill nicely. Will keep watching, hope they renew it!
on April 10, 2014
Dom is charismatic as anyone who's watched him in Lost or Lord of the Rings can attest.

He bring an almost manic and infectious energy to the show.

It's part Travel Show, part "Crickee it's an Alligator" in the best sense. He loves Danger, but it's not his Middle name as he has some sense. But it still has you on the edge of your seat.

You start watching thinking you'll give it a chance and before you know it you're clicking to see the next episode!
on February 22, 2013
I love animals! and I love Dominic Monaghan. It is a perfect match. He makes it very interesting an fun! He makes you appreciate animals you may not have before. Watch Wild Things, it"s worth it!
on February 11, 2013
This is a very well done show about creepy creatures, presented by a very familiar face. I also really enjoy the looks at the cultures of the area being explored, like the crazy food or the Buddhist Chicken.
Dominic has a wonderful personality for this type of show. I've only gotten through the first 2 episodes so far, but it's both amusing and informative. And if you don't love Dominic for the guy he is, then there's something very boring about you.