Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it PME Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

Size: 25" x 42"|Color: Black|Change
Price:$23.48+ Free shipping

on September 20, 2013
At least one reviewer implied that the bag came in with a smaller diameter than
advertised and subsequently gave the product a low rating and sent it back.

I have seen that when the bag dimensions are advertised, that the dimensions are taken with the bag deflated and lying flat, basically rectangular in shape.

Therefore, the shorter dimension spec (25" in the one reviewer's case) is NOT the diameter but is actually half the length of the circumference. The bag has basically two sides when lying flat, so the total length of the circumference of the 25" bag is 50".

To get the diameter, you equate the 50" with the circumference of the bag end, and use Circumference = pi * diameter, or 50" / pi = diameter in this case.

This is of course, 15.9" which is approximately what the reviewer stated he got (15").

So, for the Standard 21" bag, C = 42" and diameter = 13.3"
For the Jumbo 25" bag (large), C = 50" and diameter = 15.9"
For the Giant 30" bag, C = 60" and diameter = 19"

The volume of the bags is found by taking half the diameter (radius), squaring it, and multplying by pi, and then multiplying by the length.

So, for the Standard 21" bag, radius = 13.3/2 = 6.65, r^2 = 44.22, *pi = 138.93,
times the length of 36" = 5001.4 cubic in, or 2.89 cubic feet
For the Jumbo 25" bag, radius = 15.9/2 = 7.95, r^2 = 63.2, *pi = 198.56,
times the length of 42" = 8229.4 cubic in, or 4.76 cubic feet
For the Giant 30" bag, radius = 19/2 = 9.5, r^2 = 90.25, *pi = 283.53,
times the length of 50" = 14,176.4 cubic inches, or 8.2 cubic feet

For comparison, a large standard suitcase of dimensions 30" by 19" by 12" has a volume of 6840 cubic inches, or 3.95 cubic feet, roughly the same volume as the Jumbo 25" bag.

Hope this helps other people to know what they are actually buying.

BW
55 comments|115 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 20, 2015
The Giant Size was the size that I needed to fit some stuff for storage. It really is huge and feels pretty durable. If you needed to fit a body in this thing it would totally possible. See my customer images for proof, I am 5'10" 205lbs and I was able to fit in and zip up. It was actually pretty entertaining, I hid in it on the floor and scared my kids when they walked by.
review image review image review image
on December 18, 2012
Heavy duty zipper; thick canvas material. Size is accurate. The only reason I didn't give it 5 stars is because it didn't come with a strap. It has hooks for a strap, but I see now that a strap isn't pictured. I need a strap on it and don't know where to get one. So, it seems a little incomplete without it.
44 comments|21 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 22, 2012
I am a seasonal firefighter and needed something big to carry my tent, blow up mattress, clothes and gear. I got the large bag and could have easily fit everything in the medium probably. It's a great bag. Everyone needs one of these!
on April 6, 2011
I bought this bag because I need all my stuff in only one volume to go travel.
I underestimate the size of this bag...I got the medium size and its HUGE...but also strong material...I do believe you can trust if what you want is a heavy dutty.
If you want to use for traveling or moving the smaller size will probably fit the maximum weight to take a plain! if you need to store your hause inside go for the medium and big size!
the con: there is not shoulder strap, and it quite difficult to find one to hold such bag when loaded!
Good choice for heavy job! I liked!
on September 12, 2013
I really wanted to like this bag. In my unit, we refer to this as a "dead hooker bag." It holds a LOT of stuff. It is really poorly made. I used it for maneuvers in the field, and it lost one zipper pull, both metal o-rings for the shoulder strap, and one side handle ripped off. This thing is capital C cheap. I ended up buying a Tactical Tailor bag, and I am much happier with that.
on September 9, 2013
I bought this to replace the cheaply made and too small tent bag that my Coleman 10 person instant tent was supposed to fit in. The Coleman bag is a joke. This bag is huge, well made and the rolled up tent slides right in with plenty of room to spare. If you're looking for a tent bag you won't have to wrestle with and rip open the first time you try to use it, this is it.
on June 6, 2013
We bought 8 of these for international travel. They are within the dimension guidelines for standard luggage and overall lighter than most luggage while being sturdy and easy to store when not using. We LOVE them and highly recommend them!
on February 4, 2014
This is not a bad bag for $28. The quality, sewing, zipper, etc was decent. If you need a huge bag for light duty use, this bag will work. Please note, I said light duty. The material is a little thin. If you're going to be flying get something a little thicker. Mine was ripped open on it's first flight.
on June 27, 2014
This is one huge bag (30"×50"). It's really to big for what I wanted. I'm a union pipefitter and work on the road so when I leave home I have to pack a hot weather cloths bag and a cold weather bag. My old cold weather duffle was a military issue top load. I got tired of digging through it looking for stuff plus my coats and jackets didn't fit in it. I wanted a duffle big enough to fit it all. Well I got it with this one.
Now don't think you are going to fill this with cloths and carry it anywhere. I'm pretty stout and was straining with this thing. Here is what i put in mine. All this is size large, XL, 2x(for that double and tripple layering effect). 3 carhartt sherpa coats, 2X reflective coat, 3 pair carhartt insulated overalls, 3carhartt cavas shirts with flannel lining, carhartt sherpa vest, canvas shirt with sweatshirt lining, 6 sets of thick sweats, 6 sets of longjohns, 4 sets of under armour, 2 dozen various thickness cold weather socks, 1 dozen various sock caps ans face covers, boot dryer(in the box), cold weather rubber boot covers(they look just like boots just bigger so you can slide your whole boot in and zip up), set of queen sheet, towel set, and a couple dozen bandanas. This thing still isnt full. Like i said it gets heavy. If you get it off the floor your not going far. Unless you have the bag packed tight you can't use a strap on it. The duffle just folds in half and never leaves the floor. It has a handle on both ends. That is how I carry it.

This is a nicely made duffle. On all the handles it has material on the inside also. That way it is sewn through the handle through the duffle then through the extra material backing(military style). This keeps the duffle from tearing and the handle from ripping off. It is a nice product and will last along time.
I think the 30"×50" is to big for clothing but as others have stated......for tent storage, car or boat covers or other awkward big thing this is probably the ticket. And as the one person stated......it will fit a 5'11" 170lb something in nicely with out much folding.
Bottom line. This is a well made duffle that is military grade and will last a long time. It's just freaking huge. Don't know what I was thinking. I'm ordering the next size down after I close here