5.0 out of 5 stars Best wide angle peephole for residence
Published on November 5, 2011 by David

3.0 out of 5 stars 290 DEGREEs???
I know that few bucks won't give you superior quality. I received this peephole viewer. I don't see 290 degrees because there is no way you can see both sides of my house. I know it is a piece of false information. It works like 190 degree only.
Published 22 months ago by A. Barnes

5.0 out of 5 stars Best wide angle peephole for residence, November 5, 2011
This review is from: Black Metal 290 Degree Wide Angle Peephole Door Viewer Scope
This is a great peephole, one of the widest angles available. Installation is as simple as drilling a hole in your door and screwing this thing in. I need a wide angle view because my porch entrance is to the left of my front door. This peephole has an incredible range and covers any blind spots that a traditional peephole may have. Consider that in a home invasion, robbery, etc. 1 person may appear at your door while others crouch down to the side of the door waiting for you to open it. This wide angle view allows you to see them. Install this peephole then train and educate your family.

5.0 out of 5 stars Should fit most doors, July 19, 2013
I was looking for a measurement range to make sure it fit my door but could not find one in the description or reviews. I took a chance and purchased this and found that the screw adjustor allows it to fit almost all doors.

The fish eye lense on this product is amazing. We have two blind spots on our entry and this peep hole picks them up easily. Install was very simple with a 5/8" drill bit.

One other nice feature is that with traditional peep holes, the person on the outside can see light through the lense and can tell when someone puts their face up to the peep hole. The way this product is designed, the apeture is very small looking from the outside and you cannot tell when someone is looking through it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Black Metal 290 Degree Wide Angle Peephole Door Viewer Scope, October 7, 2010
Awesome wide angle. Easy to install and quick delivery. I would recommend this product again and again.

5.0 out of 5 stars I see you, February 8, 2013
Nice quality and looks good. I can see everything around the door with no hiding spots. Really happy with this viewer. I used the SPEYEGUARD Stationary Peephole Cover - Satin Nickel (HB) in conjunction with the viewer.

Make sure you or a buddy have a drill with a 5/8 drill bit. If not you can do what another poster did and just file out the hole a little bigger with a round file.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very wide angle!, February 7, 2013
Very wide angle of view. In fact, I can see the ground directly below the door and to both sides. Seems to be of high quality. Wished that I had not waited so long to buy one of these.

4.0 out of 5 stars Looks Good, Works Great!, February 6, 2013
Overall, I am very satisfied with this Peephole. The optics and wide angle view are perfect for my front porch and my wife and I took turns trying to hide from view and this device picks up everything. The only drawback was the requirement to drill a 5/8" hole (resulting in only a 4-star rating), though this was easily remedied. First I took a nail punch to mark the position to be drilled so the bit wouldn't walk. Next, I drilled a 1/4" pilot hole completely through the door. Having a 1/2" drill bit, I then enlarged the hole. Next, using a small round hole file, I simply wallered out the hole to accept the peephole. I can assure you, a round file costs much less than a 5/8" drill bit and took less than 10 minutes to complete, not including the clean up that is.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great optic., July 27, 2012
I have a porch that had a couple blind spots but this scope allows me to see them. Now I can tell if there is anyone else near the door.

5.0 out of 5 stars black metal 290 degree wide angle peephole, September 14, 2012
I think that the viewing quality of this product is sharp and clear. Optics are good. I had originally purchased their 360 degree peephole but found the stem too wide to drill that big a hole in my nice wood door. This one works well enough and I will recommend the company and the product.

3.0 out of 5 stars 290 DEGREEs???, January 24, 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!, January 28, 2013
When we bought our house, the peephole viewer was smashed and so we needed to replace it, I was excited to find this one with such a wide viewing angle. It's good quality, was easy to install (well except that the hole drilled before wasn't straight and had to be fixed so that we didn't have to force it as the previous viewer seems to have been - but that wasn't the fault of this device!) and gives us a wonderful view of our entire front patio area instead of just the front step, which is great for peace of mind before opening the front door.