on January 14, 2012
This software is absolutely Incredible!
I've been an Adventure Gamer since the origional Zork series and Black Mirror II is like putting on a warm coat. Just to be clear, it's not a disk filled with complicated puzzles that usually make absolutely no sense at all. It truly immerses you deeply into a story. There is A LOT of dialoge that some don't like because they say that it drags the game on. I think they are wrong. I think it is part of the magic that pulls you into the story. It's not long into the game that you begin to feel like you are part of a movie and you are the main character. This game actually brings out emotions in you and I didn't feel like just an analitical machine going through the paces.(The writers should be commended)
They story flows true and I can't remember feeling like anything was ridicilous. (Like what happens in MOST of the adventure games I have purchased in the past)
There are some programming mistakes, (like you can't use one piece of hose until Both pieces are found, etc) but overall this isn't really a problem at all and are only minor distractions in the otherwise fine work.
Everything is controled with the mouse so you don't have to fool with the keyboard at all (great!) You don't have to put the disk in every time you want to play (EXCELLENT!)
Make sure your machine meets the needed requirements, wait until you have some alone time, turn down all the lights, put your headphones on, and get ready for a ride WELL Worth The Price of admission.
I'm almost finished II and can't believe that I still have III to come! As far as adventure games go, this was one of the best purchases I've made in a while.
Started Black Mirror III and everything was great until I hit the MENHIRS (no need to know what they are). Then the game started to remind me of what went wrong with Adventure Games.
I'm still trudging on but..........I still think that Black Mirror II was well worth the purchase (I really enjoyed that adventure!)
on August 6, 2011
Having played the original Black Mirror game on PC and enjoying it immensely I just had to purchase the verisons II and III. After playing version II on a windows 7 machine I was so taken up with the excitement and fun having played the previous two versions I am anxious to start version III.
There were no problems with either game all worked well and the graphic was wonderful.
on July 17, 2011
Unfortunately, Black Mirror 2 is not compatible with Windows 7. I can't get the cursor to work w/my mouse or my touchpad. All my video software drivers are all up-to-date. After a lot of work, I was able to get the cursor to work for Black Mirror 3. The technical support department for Viva Media (the manufacturer of the Black Mirror series) has yet to answer my tech support ticket after 2 weeks.

As far as the game itself goes, Black Mirror 3 lives up to my expectations so far. It is definitely a brain puzzle which is what I was after. If it wasn't for the Black Mirror 2 incompatibility, I would've rated the game 4 stars.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on February 10, 2014
These two adventure games are actually one long story about Darren Michaels. During a summer vacation in a small coast town where his mother lives some strange things happen, and suddenly he finds himself the protagonist in a terrible adventure in which he must face horrible things with no one to help him. You think Harry Potter had it bad? For Darren, Harry's adventures are like vacation.
He finds himself chased by a secter Order, suspect of murder and arson, and besides all that he sees all the people he loves die around him ontil he is all alone in the world. This makes it very hard for him to find out what is going on and to prove his innocence. Besides all that he also finds out that he is the last of the Gordon family, and he sets out to rid the Gordons of the curse that has haunted the family for centuries.
As Black Mirror I, these adventures are very beautifully made, with lots of attention to detail. The games all consist of hand drawn, backgrounds with 3D characters placed in them. In the background grass moves in the wind, water ripples and birds and insects fly around to make the scenes more lively.
The puzzles in these adventures can take some time to solve, but they are all logical, and often you can do other things when you are stuck on a certain puzzle. There is also the possibility to skip puzzles if you choose to play the game in 'easy' mode. You can change back and forth from 'easy' to 'hard' whenever you want. Puzzles are often inventory-based, but there are also strategical puzzles and there are even some timed sequences in the game. These are very forgiving though, and should cause you no big problems.
Darren can die in these games. When he encounters a dangerous situation the game saves automatically so when Darren dies you can go back to just before that and try again. Very handy.

The story, the puzzles, the way Darren deals with all his problems and the beautiful scenery combined make these games the best in the genre, and they are therefore high on my list of best adventure games I ever played.
on May 23, 2013
Enjoyed the atmosphere and graphics of Black Mirror immensely, but to get Black Mirror 2 and 3 to run on my machine I needed to upgrade the GeForce FX 5200 to a GeForce 6200

Also had no trouble running it on another PC, one running 64 bit Windows 7 and on-board video
on February 18, 2014
Black Mirror II and III. This is a 2 game set that flow into each other. I liked II better, however both are great plays and well worth the time and money. Played on a coreI3 with 8gigs ram and Windows 8
on September 13, 2013
No glitches with the games and many hour of enjoyable fun.!!!!Hope to purchase more of these games in the future.
on December 13, 2012
I have always liked the series, and the second and third one are great. It was really fun to go through the story again!
on January 5, 2012
This game can not be run with Windows7. The only OS that is supported is XP. This game also uses a special security system that may not work with all computers.
44 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on July 12, 2012
I didn't expect a lot because I had played Black Mirror 1. That game was fairly tedious with an unsatisfying ending.

Black Mirror 2 had a lot of tedious things in it. The beginning of the game was excruciating. There was a slider puzzle, developing film in a darkroom, creating a mug shot on a computer, and picking up a package at a post office.

I couldn't figure out a lot of the puzzles. I was playing on easy and had to bypass most of them. The end was obviously a setup for Black Mirror 3.

Black Mirror 3 was a little better. There were surprise moments. The end of the game had a tedious labyrinth and then a LONG section where there was no action and a lot of talking. The final sequence was over quickly and left me asking "Was that it?".

The voice actor for the main character was really, really bad. He was trying for an accent, but it sounded like he had a speech impediment or was a little boy who hadn't quite learned to talk yet. The accent came and went. I found it really hard to listen to.

I got this for a low price, but didn't really enjoy it.