Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Black Mountain Products New Heavy Duty Bmp Doorway Chin Up Pull Up Bar
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Eli Paperboy Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on December 29, 2010
Got it for christmas 2010. The instructions state that it is a new 2011 model with nuts and bolts that cannot be tightened by hand. This creates a lock that makes them harder to loosen while the bar is being used. After gathering my tools, I found that these nuts and bolts were hard to turn and they started stripping!!!
I hope I dont ever have to take it apart... cause it probably wouldnt happen without needing to drill/tap the dang things out... but everything else seems good quality...
on December 8, 2010
I ordered this product to use with p90x and am not disapointed. It assembeled very easy and is very stout. I'm 6' 1" 220 lbs. and it has no problem supportting me. I would recomend this to anyone.
on February 3, 2012
DIMENSIONS: The long tubular bar that braces against the inside-facing part of your door frame is 41 inches long (so your frame has to be a couple of inches narrower than that--and most are). The upper rectangular bar that braces against the top lip of the outside-facing part of your door frame is 18 inches long (so your frame has to be a couple of inches wider than that--and most are).

The bar is working wonderfully for me, and I'm definitely glad I went with the type that has the extra grips. I'm not using the extra braces that are meant to be screwed into the wall above the outside-facing part of the door frame. I think these are included mostly to prevent a catastrophic, lawsuit-inducing door frame collapse that isn't likely to happen if you have a normal, sturdy frame.

One star is removed only because what others have said about the bolts being made of lower-quality metal appears to be true. I read the reviews and was prepared, so I assembled mine VERY CAREFULLY, only letting the screwdriver slip a few times. Even then I could see that a few more slips and the ends would be stripped. Just do it carefully and you'll be fine.

I would definitely recommend this to a friend.
on December 14, 2010
Sturdy bars that work well and arrived quickly. Customer support is awesome. A couple of screws did not have a slot in the head and they would have sent me some but I grinded a slot in with a dremel tool and no problem. I will definitely buy from BMP again to support a family based small business with great prices!
on September 15, 2014
This is a great pullup bar for the money. I was very happy with it's use; however, the only thing I had to do when using itw as to tape towels around the support bars that press against door jambs. That helped not get marks or indents in my walls. Otherwise everything was great and I am really happy with this product.
on July 4, 2013
Made well, solid constructions, works as advertised. However, although it does "fit most doorways 24" to 32" wide" (as advertised), if you have an old house with narrow doors (mine are 29" wide), the half circular hand grips' end pieces project past the main horizontal bar, which causes them to rest on the door frame and create dents. This is easily prevented by putting something in between. Doors over 30" wont have this problem.
on April 7, 2015
Purchased this to use with P90x. It's a simple pull up bar that braces itself against a door frame. Won't work in a craftsman style home- the back bracket needs to be able to hang above the door frame and it won't reach with thicker frames. Otherwise this works exactly how you think it would and supported me fine at 180lbs.
on December 11, 2012
I'm not really any good at pull ups or chin ups, but this is a decent item for a beginner, if paired with a stool or chair. Most of the grips are comfortable, and the only "sturdiness" concerns I have are that my doorjamb is strong enough to hold me up. Only complaint is that the grip cushions on the upturned grip slide down when held, but it's not a deal breaker to me. Works great with P90X!
on September 5, 2013
This is a good product for what it does, offering a variety of different grip options so you can get a good workout. My only "meh" about it is that the door frame brace has a little play to it, but maybe that's by design. All in all a good buy.
on December 30, 2012
This would have been a great product, but the sides of the pull up bar that press against your door frame are not padded, so when you use it, they dig and rub against your door frames and quickly grind off the paint. Unless you don't have paint on your frames, or pad the ends somehow, I would pass on this and get a different one.