Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Subscribe & Save Mother's Day Gifts Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer starwars starwars starwars  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing SnS

on May 12, 2012
Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab's Cheshire Cat Perfume Oil is of high quality; it does not smell cheap, as some oils tend to. Also, it is gentle on the skin and is not overly "oily" (despite actually being oil). In the bottle, its smell is quite strong, and quite frankly, a bit overwhelming. Despite the notes described, I get more of a orange and clove vibe from Cheshire Cat. When it dries on the skin--after about a half an hour's time--one is left with a lovely powdery grapefruit essence. So, the verdict: It's not all that alluring in the bottle or upon initial application, but once it mellows on the skin, it is quite beautiful. I'd say that this fragrance should be recommended for fans of sunny, sharp fragrance such as Clinique's "Happy." All in all, I am becoming addicted to BPAL. With so many scents to choose from, and awesome customer service (thank you for the generous samples!), and great value for the price, what's not to become smitten with?
on September 13, 2008
Cheshire Cat is one of those scents I reach for no matter what the time of year, weather, or occasion (although, come to think of it, this isn't a black velvet or beaded chiffon type scent, to me - I just mean I will wear it to work, out for a day shopping or walking down by the Bay, to lunch or dinner without worrying I'll put other diners off their meals, to the movies, a concert, an informal party, etc.). For all it is fairly light it has impressive throw when first applied. It calms down pretty quickly and lies closer to the skin for most of its wear length, though.

At first application the lavender and pink grapefruit combine to be a little on the sharp side, but that is probably my take on lavender, which I like, with reservations, but which always smells a little sharp, herbal, and bordering on soapy, it's so clean with my chemistry. Fortunately, it also burns off very quickly. The Lab's pink grapefruit note is wonderful, round, faintly sweet, but terrifically grapefruity, too, and I love it, so I'm glad it lingers long after the lavender has made its exit, to be replaced by sweet-tart currents, a round, faintly apple-scented chamomile, and what must be the delphinium, as that is the only listed note left that could be gently flowery in a mostly green way. The Lab's dark musk is always subtle and also very slightly sweet with my chemistry, and I do get it in here, but it just provides a nice cushy base for the more plant-y notes.

I don't really know how to describe the combined notes; this is probably my favorite everyday BPAL blend ever, but all I can think of to say is that it is sweetly green, herbal and fruity without in any way being cloying or girly. Transparent, charming, refreshing but warm. I smell as though I have been outside in the garden, or at a Farmer's Market, or someplace else interesting. Not perfumy, just fresh and nice smelling. I applied it one day at work and my boss came rocketing out of her office to demand to be told what I was wearing, and that I never, ever swap that one away, because it was absolutely me, and besides, she liked smelling it.

I have made body oil and whipped shea butter scented with Cheshire Cat, and at some point will make a linen/room spray, as well.
on October 14, 2014
I had a chance to sample the lovely scent during NYCC. I loved it and hoped to purchase it through the site, their main page is sold out of it but I do intend to purchase this through here. I love the smell and I am so happy to see they have it on Amazon, Etsy and Ebay ^_^
on January 7, 2010
This was a gift for my daughter and it smells absolutely gorgeous. I believe I may become fixated with this company!