Save Big On Open-Box & Preowned: Buy "Black - PlayStation 2” from Amazon Warehouse Deals and save 59% off the $19.99 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all Open-Box & Preowned offers from Amazon Warehouse Deals.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $3.99 shipping
Black - PlayStation 2
|Price:||$52.99 + $3.99 shipping|
- BLACK operatives do not hide in shadows or sneak behind walls waiting for the right time to engage their foe - they destroy the wall, enemy and anything else that gets in their way
- An explosive arsenal of weaponry lets you experience the awe-inspiring power of the world's most exotic lethal firepower
- Reduce cities to rubble in a world where virtually nothing is impervious to your bullets -- if you can see it, you can shoot it!
- Visceral, destructive action sucks you deep into the gameplay as you blaze and blast your own path through open-ended enviornments
- Use destructible worlds and explosive objects to take out enemies in cover, frag multiple enemies at once or just wreak massive destruction for its own sake
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
From the Manufacturer
- Overt action: Black operatives do not hide in shadows or sneak behind walls waiting for the right time to engage their foe--they destroy the wall, the enemy, and anything else that gets in their way.
- The guns are the stars: an explosive arsenal of bleeding-edge weaponry lets you experience the awe-inspiring power of the world's most exotic lethal firepower.
- If you can see it, you can shoot it: reduce cities to rubble in a world where virtually nothing is impervious to your bullets.
- Get your blood pumping: Adrenaline is your friend. Visceral, destructive action sucks you deep into the gameplay as you blaze and blast your own path through open-ended environments.
- Black-style kills: use destructible worlds and explosive objects to take out enemies in cover, frag multiple enemies at once, or just wreak massive destruction for its own sake.
Top Customer Reviews
Can Black live up to the hype? The answer is: Mostly yes, but just mostly. It depends on your personal expectations from a game in general and shooters in particular if you'll love it or just like it. It also depends simply on what mood you're in.
Developed by the same dudes, who brought us "Burnout 3 Takedown" and "Burnout Revenge", which were all about action and not so much about depth or complexity this is about what you can expect from Black.
The game does not bother too much with the story. It is some kind of flash back in which you, an imprisoned secret agent slash mercenary slash heavy weapons dude slash run of the mill underground hero, recalls what happened to him before he got there. Apparently you were trying to track down and eliminate some terrorists, which in turn is your goal throughout the couple levels the game throws at you. That's about it. They might as well have been a little more specific about the enemy - why didn't they just pick evil groups such as: Nazis, Anarchists, militant Communists, militant Capitalists, the Beast Buy (TM) corporation, parents who raise their kids to become arrogant self-serving brats and are proud of it, or worse: anarchistic Nazi-Communist-brats from Beast Buy parents! - but hey: they didn't choose any of these but simply picked "some terrorists" as the enemy to keep things generic. That's cool, too: at least we don't need to read the "Evil villains weekly" then to understand where the bad guys come from...
So what are you gonna do in the game?Read more ›
Okay, now for the meat of the game... This is a truly intense FPS. When I say intense, I mean INSTENSE!!! If you have never played a game that really got to you and made your hairs stand on end this is the one for you. However, not for the faint of heart, this is sure to keep your senses stimulated. The graphics are truly awesome, and they are much better than you'd expect on a PS2! The sound is equally amazing!
There are 8 missions, yes 8. But, don't be fooled. This is by no means a small game that you'll beat in a matter of days! The first mission lasts about 15-30 minutes while all the others vary from anywhere between 50-90 minutes. Each of the levels begins with a continuing storyline about a Black Ops secret operative who's being interrogated by a high ranking military official. If you care nothing about the stories in these games, the other content will make up for the minute or two you have to listen in on the conversations before you play. Don't worry though, after you beat a mission and come back to that one you can skip the commentary.
A nice aspect of this game is that you don't know all of your objectives before playing each mission. You are given new primary objectives as you go through each level, just as a real soldier is given new orders in the battlefield. The realism of this game is completely outstanding! One note...Read more ›
Usually at this point in my reviews I give details about the storyline. You are a soldier named Keller who's after someone named Lennox and it involves traitors, terrorists, and black ops missions in Eastern Europe. That's about all I got from this game and you'll quickly forget names and faces. The events are played out in cutscenes between levels that are filmed with real people. Usually this is a big no-no in games but it works here. The scenes aren't the greatest but I enjoyed them for some reason. Actually, the only redeeming thing about them was the filter used on the camera and the interrogator's voice (I say that because I swear to you that it was Paul Eiding, better known for voicing Col. Campbell in MGS1 & 2 [I love MGS if you didn't know) even though he's not credited for being in this at all). So yeah, the story is paper thin (actually, that's not really fair to the paper) but this game was never about story so this can be excused...to a point. Even though you won't remember names or faces, you'll never forget the look, sound, and feel or a G36C or an AK-47 or a Magnum.
This game is about guns. Loud guns, destructive guns, big guns, small(er) guns, lots of bullet's guns. It's gun porn basically. And being about guns, it better control damn well.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
The best first person shooter I've played. Everything is over the top. Explosions, people falling of bridges, etc.. My only complaint is that they didn't make a second one.Published 1 month ago by Kristofer
Difficult, challenging, not the run of the mill first person shooter. Definitely better than anything that COD has recently put out.Published 5 months ago by Kevin Hofmann, Jr.
While nothing is wrong with the game from a purely technical standpoint...this game is the amalgamation of everything wrong with first person shooters. Read morePublished 6 months ago by J.Este
One of my all time favorite game, the disc was really well maintained amidst through the years of prior ownership.Published 7 months ago by Joel