Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

Grip Type: Strap|Change

on October 22, 2015
I just received this strap. It seems pretty solid, although I haven't taken it out shooting yet. I wanted to leave this quick review as a warning. This product comes with a lock star connector cover (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00I0WGGIK?redirect=true&ref_=cm_cr_ryp_prd_ttl_sol_2). that is not mentioned in the product description so I blew an extra $12 buying a 2 pack of them. Hopefully you will read this and not make the same mistake!
on May 26, 2011
I was originally on the fence with purchasing this strap. I found it very hard spending this amount of money on a camera strap. Well, after using this on my Canon 7D, I am very happy with this purchase. This strap allows me to wear my camera comfortably and allows fast access for shooting. Did consider a cheaper alternative, but when you spend a large amount of money and time on your camera setup, you should not cut corners with something that is actually securing your setup. Also, The fastener is a very secure hold on the camera, and the strap is high quality. You will find yourself wearing your camera most everywhere, shooting pics.
on August 2, 2013
Having owned two other Black Rapid straps I was eager to try the Extreme Sport; the fact that it came with bonus tripod plates seemed to make the deal even sweeter.

The strap:
It's a cool design but only seems slightly more secure around my body than the standard RS-4 which I tend to like slightly more because of the small pocket built in.

The plates:
Nice to have but not an accessory to the strap. One MIGHT think that the plates would be the kind with the Black Rapid fasteners on the bottom but they're not. They're standard plates with the plain 'D' ring that you shouldn't trust hanging your DSLR, lest you want to pick up broken pieces of camera and lens from the ground when the ring pulls away from the plate and your camera smashes to the ground.
Black Rapid does make a replacement fastener for the D ring that comes with the plates but the price for it is outrageous.

One other thing to note: while the plates are Manfrotto RC2 plate COMPATIBLE, they are not Manfrotto brand plates.

All of this begs the question: Why are these included with this strap anyway?
on February 18, 2016
I have been doing photography since 1969. I hate straps. I have tried to use them a number of times over the years but kept going back to nothing. I keep the camera in my hand or bag. Never dropped a single camera. Ever. Left one on the top of my car and drove off... but that's another story. I read about these and figured 'another strap system... and overpriced at that'. I was wrong. I love this strap. I used this daily on a trip to Italy. It's a bit alarming at first with the Italian police and military, as they are regular figures everywhere. This strap, at first glance, looks a bit like a gun holster sling. I had a number of double takes, and long glances. The under arm strap is a bit of a pain, but it helps keep the strap in place with heavier camera/lens combinations. I use Nikon 810's and Fuji's. While I don't 'love' this dangling a camera at my side unprotected, it's a lot faster that pulling the same combination out of a Tenba bag. With the Fuji, I was able to adjust the stops on the strap and keep the camera in front while hanging off to my right side. (This alleviated my concerns a bit. You still need to be careful bending over.) The underarm strap makes this possible. My 810 with 24-120 or 80-200 weighed too much to have this work. In Summary: When in my hands, I never questioned where and what my camera was doing. So while this strap is a bit of a stretch for me, I'm getting used to it. So much so, that I bought the double sling.
on July 26, 2016
My camera, when it has the big lens on, weighs almost ten pounds. That is a lot to carry around your neck. I was amazed at how much easier this cross-body style made carrying the camera, took soooo much weight off. Plus, I was having an issue with my camera not recognizing that a lens was attached. After doing some research I found that it could be from the big lens being so heavy and putting stress on the connection point. If I attach this strap to the tripod ring on the lens, it stops the gravity of the lens from pulling down on the camera body and that problem totally disappears. Must have for bigger camera setups or even if you are just "on the go" this will make carrying your camera so much easier and more comfortable.
on January 9, 2016
My neck got tired of holding my larger DSLR - and the straps I had never seemed to sit well on my shoulder - they'd easily slip off.

The strap is great. I was concerned about getting the camera on and off a tripod from/to the strap,, so also bought a special adapter from Really Right Stuff (http://www.reallyrightstuff.com/B2-FABN-38mm-Screw-knob-clamp-with-strap-bosses).

As a "belt" to go along with the "suspenders", I purchased a couple of OP/TECH uni-loop system connectors that connect the strap to my camera's L-bracket. (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0010HA6A6/ref=cm_cr_ryp_prd_ttl_sol_10) and am very pleased with how it all works together.
on December 19, 2013
I haven't used any competitor's straps or harnesses. This thing is really simple and very comfortable to use, so I've had zero reason to try anything else. It's very strong. I hang 7+ pounds from it, and the only way it's going to fall is if I cut the strap. Plus, it doesn't look ridiculous when you're wearing it. Also, it does not interfere with nor is interfered by backpacks or shoulder bags. Waist bags are another story, depending where you rest the waist bag.

On the downside, it's not cheap...
on June 18, 2016
As a professional photographer, I fully endorse BlackRapid straps, as I have used several of their dual-camera harnesses over the years. This single sling strap is basically 1/2 of one of those, and it is designed and works just as well. I was uncertain of the strap that goes under the arm (figured I'd just remove it) but found it to be an excellent addition to the whole system -- keeps the main strap anchored well, plus adds yet another layer of security atop of what a sling strap already provides. And speaking of security and well-thought out design... I was concerned that the "quick release" buckle on the main strap would translate to a quick release option for a thief running up behind you to quickly release your gear from you to them. But no... this quick release buckle is actually a security version: it takes a fancy two-handed move to actually release. You want this. This means yes, it can quickly release, but only with an intentional, focused, only-you-know-the-secret-move dance. Overall, a very good, comfortable, practical, well-designed strap. Expensive (relatively), but worth every penny.
on February 2, 2012
This thing is awesome, the build is rugged, the stitching and fabric are durable, the mount is well made. Overall it works really well, on a couple photo walks the camera jumps off your hip a bit, but that's to be expected with any strap like this.
on June 14, 2016
Great strap - It really does stay put, thanks to the broad shoulder pad and underarm strap. My camera is always at hand but never in the way. I've never felt concerned that the screw is loosening from my camera's tripod mount, thanks to the rubber gasket. My only complaint about this item is it is pretty darn expensive for what it is, but then again, dropping your camera could be a heck of a lot more expensive!