Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Blake Shelton Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Get Ready for Summer and Save 15% Father's Day Gifts Amazon Cash Back Offer bighero bighero bighero  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Outdoor Recreation SnS

Format: Audio CD|Change

on October 12, 2012
In the words of Ma Dukes (I love it!) who ends the second to last track of this wonderful project (Letter to Hermione), encourages her son to add some of J Dilla's work to his project in an effort to make this remix a slam dunk; which indeed it is. Nicely done Mr. Glasper. Much love to you and the crew for this smooth, laid back, hip hop, neo-soul classic!
on April 24, 2016
I was introduced to Mr. Glasper in conversation with a friend who produces several styles of music. This was some solid advice. DJing thru the early 90s to early 00s allowed myself to appreciate ¿uestlove, Pete Rock and the UHMAH styles of beats. I now have a new reason to collect as many of his cds as I can to hear his evolution of this craft. I will hopefully get a chance to see Mr. Glasper & the rest of the Trio when he visits Rochester in June. Please keep up the awesome work!!
on January 16, 2015
If you are a true lover are modern jazz with a soulful feel mixed with a touch of Hip-Hop flavor, this album is for you. What a musical experience that crafted on this album. If you like Robert Glasper and know how he mixed genres, you are going to love, love, LOVE.... this album. Get it. This is money well spent.
on July 1, 2013
Robert Glasper has brought the world the best remix of an album this year! Love all of it! It gives me hope that music still has a significance in our society even when most radio music all sounds the same. It is refreshing to hear something more than the same old thing.
on July 15, 2013
All I have to say is that if you DIDN'T get ROBERT GLASPER CD 'BLACK RADIO" then it will be your best bet to pick up that CD as well as this one...A true artist that I have been following for a few years and he hasn't disapointed me with his music yet. Oh if you get a chance to see him and his band play live...TRUST that you WILL BE in for a treat...
on December 13, 2012
A wonderful addition to The Black Radio Experiment, which is my Top CD of 2012 without ANY question. Robert Glasper has been such a breath of fresh air and reinforces my love for good music. Must have CD.
on November 17, 2012
I was unaware of this artist, until I watched a late night interview of him. I was curious and sampled his music on Amazon. After listening I decided to take a chance and download the album. I was very pleasantly surprised. After a second time through the album I realized I was blown away and hooked. I really like jazz, and this mixture of old school and new stuff caught me off guard, and continues to seductively intrigue me. Nice job by all the artists involved, and by Glasper, the orchestrator.
on April 5, 2013
I can't say anything bad about Robert's music other than some of the remixes didn't jive to well with me. I am accustomed to writing very long reviews for albums but won't do it with this one. All I have to say is Robert gives you what you love on this cd...but you have to listen for it whereas the album before, Black Radio, was in your face. Those who produce music may understand my meaning on this. It;s a great album to listen to on a nice trip or just chilling while doing some work, having over friends for a dinner or any other occasion you want to get some good conversation in.
on December 1, 2012
Even as an EP, this will qualify in my book as 1 of the best albums of 2012! This gets better with every track. Afro Blue remix is nice with the flute. Black Radio remix w/ Yasiin Bey(formally known as Mos Def)by Pete Rock: how often do we get 2 say Pete Rocks name nowadays? After that, all other tracks on this EP will make U repeat @ least once B4 moving forward! Me'Shell N'Degeocello's "The Consequences of Jealosy remix is so infectiously funky, it confirms Y most music R&B/Hip Hop music on commercial radio 2day is wack: cheap, uncreatively constructed musical production!(hint hint: we miss U Timbaland & the Neptunes!) Track 4: while Solange Knowles does not appear on the original Black Radio album, she delivers her single greatest piece of work on Twice, while ?uestlove's production makes this arguably the #1 reason Y U need this EP in Ur collection, AKA a musical masterpiece @ 9:22!! Letter to Hermione f/ Bilal & Black Milk is so fat, U may not even remember the original album version or even care. Lastly, I've been waiting 6 years for Dillalude#2(paying homage 2 the greatest Hip Hop producer ever, JDilla), & coming in @ 9:10, this 1 will definitely not disappoint! If U have & appreciate the "Black Radio LP," U need "Black Radio Recovered: The Remix EP" in Ur collection even more!!
on October 18, 2012
Glasper did it again with this one!!! What a great sequel to the original headbanger, "Black Radio"! A must-have for any true music lover!!!