4.0 out of 5 stars Black Snow Ski & Rescue Insulated Suit
Published on March 4, 2009 by Ronald W. Deforest

3.0 out of 5 stars wind in the legs
Black Snow Ski & Rescue Insulated SuitThis is a great snow suit compared to the price. It is warn except for the leg part. Air does come up the open leg because it is not tight around the bottom.
Over wise it is a great suit.
Published on January 11, 2009 by A. Wilson

4.0 out of 5 stars Black Snow Ski & Rescue Insulated Suit, March 4, 2009
After receiving Army Universe's recommendation for size based on my dimensions, I ordered the XL. Having just returned from a snomobile trip to northern Wisconsin where the temps were in the low minus degrees, I can say the suit did the job. It was plenty large to allow layering underneath, yet tight enough at the sleeves and legs to prevent fridgid air from entering. The external belt is flimsy, but adequate. The chest and leg zippers are long enough to provide easy access to the suit. For the price the Black Snow Ski & Rescue Insulated Suit proved to be an excellent piece of equipment.

5.0 out of 5 stars UPDATE to previous comment. NOW I can say it's a great insulated suite for cold winter weather!, January 12, 2012
Chaz T. (Shelby Township, MI, US) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Black Snow Ski & Rescue Insulated Suit (Apparel)
ORIGINAL REVIEW: I haven't had the opportunity yet to try this insulated suit in the outdoor elements here in Michigan; no snow yet and here it is almost the middle of January! (Very unusual). However, I did try the insulated suit on after it was delivered and it fits great! I stand 5'6", 175 lbs. and purchased the LARGE. I don't think any other size for my height and weight would have been better. I can only give it a 4 star rating because it fits and feels great, but haven't been able to test it in any adverse winter weather. It feels like it would hold up to a 5 star rating in the cold winter months, but only time will tell.

UPDATE: February 2013: I have now given this insulated one-piece suit a 5-star rating! Previously we hadn't had snow yet, but the suit fits great. Now I've been out shoveling snow since my previous review and I am very happy to say that this insulated suite kept me quite warm and toasty while outside in extremely cold Michigan winter weather. I would not hesitate to recommend this insulated suite to others.

MORE UPDATE: (END of Winter 2014): This one-piece suit got quite a workout this past 2014 Michigan Winter. Very brutal, extremely cold and windy weather this season (and tons and tons of snow!). AND, YES! I do love this insulated snowsuit. It kept me warm and toasty all winter.

3.0 out of 5 stars wind in the legs, January 11, 2009
Over wise it is a great suit.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Alaska Suit, February 21, 2012
Roger A. Dube "R. Dube" (Delta Junction, Alaska) - See all my reviews
When I received the suit, the looks impressed me immediately. I tried it on with just long underwear underneath and went outside at -40 degree temp and was very, very warm. Most important to me is that I am disabled and my movements are restricted. With this suit I could move and any direction, up, down, bend, etc. and it was comfordable to move and no feelings of restrictions. Very flexible. The suit appears to be very durable,its a great suit and well worth the money. I had a suit that I wore in my younger days on the west coast and above the arctic circle here in Alaska and that suit was rated for -80 degrees. It was wore alot by the dog mushers during the iditarod. I did not see a rating for this suit but I think it would do well up in the Arctic. Well, any way its a great suit and well worth the purchase. I thing though, I ordered a 2X-large and it fit great except the chest area appeared to be a little snug but not that much I guess to concern myself. I haven't had the suit to long or I might have more to say but this is good. I have been looking for a suit like this, that was similar to the suit I wore years ago in the Arctic( running from the polar bears on my snowmachine, just kidding but true)I love the suit.

Roger

4.0 out of 5 stars Quick Change!!, December 13, 2012
Originally bought the Nelson Rigg suit. Went by the reviews...well that suit DOESN'T run big...
Quite the opposite. Ordered this rescue suite for a mcy. Trip to NY from Miami in December.
I'm 6' 235lb. 50"chest, 40"waist, 31"inseam. I ordered the 2x.. And the fit is EXCELLENT. The leg bottoms are at ankle height while seated.
This suit has plenty of room for extra layers, and the elastic keeps it from being "baggy" with light garments underneath. The long leg and front zippers make it a breeze to put on and remove.
The front zipper is double acting.... Real nice for
The 100 mile "pit stops" I'm originally from NY and rode 12 months a year, as long as the roads were clear. Been through a few suits over the last 35 years... This one in my opinion is a real winner!

3.0 out of 5 stars Can't beat it for the price... but, January 21, 2008
The sleeves do not have a velcro or cord to tighten against the wind, and the elastic cuff inside does not seal against a 60+mph commute on my motorcycle. Still it keeps my chest and legs warm enough, an overkill in Central Florida, but when it is below 45 in the morning, I enjoy the warmth of this suit.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, July 15, 2011
Fortunately, I took the advice of another reviewer and bought a size smaller than I would normally order, because it would have been too big had I not. The product is wonderfully warm in the harsh winter days and nights while I'm on the water fishing, and you know a strong wind coming off the cold water can get a little chilly!

5.0 out of 5 stars snowmobile suit, March 10, 2010
The snowsuit is a great product. I live in Northern Wisconsin and used it for ice fishing with the wind blowing. Didn't get cold. The size was perfect. I am 5'9' 200lbs and purchased a large, PERFECT!! The zippers work great and plenty of moving room.

5.0 out of 5 stars Black Snowsuit, November 14, 2010
This ski suit is exactly how it looks on the internet. I would suggest you get it a size bigger, so you can put clothes on underneath. Im just waiting for colder weather to try it on. UPDATE, THIS IS GREAT !! I WEAR MY PJ'S UNDERNEATH. ONLY DOWN FALL IS THE LEGS, IT DOESNT CLING SO SNOW AND WATER GET THROUGH. BUT ALL IN ALL, GREAT SUIT.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice suit but mines to big., January 6, 2010
I tried to follow the sizing chart on this one and I got a XL. I am 5'9" and about 200 LBS and I should have gotten a large. The one I got fits okay excpet that the crotch is at my knees and the chest and belly area are kinda sloppy. The average joe would fit much better in a large if not a medium. The good part about this suit is that it is cheaper then other ones I found. I may still buy another one in Large and I'd still have money left over.

Black Snow Ski & Rescue Insulated Suit (Large)
$77.99