Truck Month Spring Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Gifts for Mom to look and feel great Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now SnS

on November 18, 2011
I enjoyed watching this video. When I first heard about it, it piqued my interest -- both because of my abiding interest in African American history (especially the history of African American women) and my membership in the sorority. I wanted to see if this film did justice to our illustrious sisterhood -- and I have to say that this historical fiction film largely achieves that goal. The intellectual commentary is useful and appropriate in helping viewers understand the context of the era and the environment. In my opinion, the writers/producers did a good job honing in on the social climate, personalities, and strivings that brought Delta Sigma Theta into being.

Unlike the other reviewer, I believe the dialogue was by and large appropriate for the point and context. We often prefer to think of people who lived in earlier historical time periods as distant from us (in present times), but it is important to remember who and what the founders of Delta were: they were young collegiate race women (but as young black college women and sorority sisters, they formed bonds and socialized amongst themselves); they were talented intellectuals, artists and educators (who proudly aimed to be inclusive, rather than exclusive, of like-minded and focused collegiate women); and they were sincerely focused on being part of positive social and political change. They created Delta because it would not have been enough to shift and shape the goals of AKA -- they had to break with the established organization in order to create something shaped to an entirely different purpose.

This video is certainly worth viewing, if only to generate discussion among nongreeks about the unique history of Delta Sigma Theta -- i.e., the fact that its founding members were all originally AKAs, the commitment of the founders to social and political activism, etc. I think many of my sorors would likely enjoy it, as well - particularly some of the intellectual commentary describing the social climate of the era, life at Howard University, and struggles faced by young black women both within and outside of the walls of the university.
on August 25, 2011
Kudoz to the makers of the Black History Project: The Exodus. I don't understand why Delta Sigma Theta Sorority Inc opposed this project, it was well done.
I appreciated this video because it answered many questions I had regarding the purpose behind the founding of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority. I gained much insight as to the change that was occurring at Howard University. The commentaries help me learned more of what went into the making of this documentary. The music and the narrative were time appropriate and added to the tone of the video. I really appreciated the dialogue even though I think some of the dialogue is more 21st century. I don't think that some of what was said was what would have been said in 1912. Overall very good documentary. Job well done.
I recommend that the office of Greek Life on college campuses should own a copy of this video.
I can't wait for the next Black Sorority Project installment.