5.0 out of 5 stars Here comes the RAIN!
Haven't heard anything new this great in a long time. Not since Black Label Society's Sonic Brew have we heard such a solid debut over the past decade. BSC is a group of young country boys from Kentucky with strong musical roots. This album rocks from start to finish and it's going to be great watching these guys grow musically over the next few years to their full...
Published on August 31, 2006 by KingV

3.0 out of 5 stars Give it a listen
Black Stone Cherry are good and their drummer is an amazing performer allowed to really let it all hang out on these heavy southern rock tracks. Seriously, this drummer should front the band. He's that good.
Published 7 months ago by Gordon Weaver

‹ Previous | 1 2 310 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Kickass Old School Rock 'n' Roll, August 2, 2008
What can I say these guys just kick my butt.The whole band AND crew are from a little community in Kentucky.Good old fashioned down home rock 'n' roll that rings alittle of Blackfoot.I have seen them twice live and if you get a chance don't pass them up!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars 4 Years & Still Rockin' / One of the Best CDs Not Many Know About, February 11, 2010
This review is from: Black Stone Cherry (Audio CD)
Black Stone Cherry is a great find for those who are not fans of the Nu Metal genre. They have more of a Classic Rock & Roll feel. This is a great band to just sit back and turn up the dial. As for Black Stone Cherry the CD here is the breakdown in my opinion:

1. Rain Wizard 10/10...What a great Start!

2. Backwoods Gold 10/10...Amazing!

3. Lonely Train 10/10...Best is still to come!

4. Maybe Someday 10/10...Still great!

5. When the Weight Comes Down 9/10...not many tracks below 10 on this CD

6. Crosstown Woman 10/10...Solidly great!

7. Shooting Star 9/10...Good but not as good as the others

8. Hell & High Water 11/10...Not the best, but awesome

9. Shapes of Things 10/10...You are getting the idea!

10. Violator Girl 10/10...

11. Tired of the Rain 20/10...THEY SAVED THE BEST FOR LAST

12. Drive 20/10...AWESOME

13. Rollin On 20/10...AWESOME

Overall this CD is over a 5! If you don't have it get it!

5.0 out of 5 stars A great debut album, August 7, 2006
Wiseguy 945 (Cedar Rapids, IA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Black Stone Cherry (Audio CD)
Black stone Cherry is a suprise new group of the year. Their first single "lonely train" hit the airwaves over 2 months, and I was hooked. I had to wait until July 18th for this release. The guitar work is reminicent of Zakk Wylde with Black Label Society, which made me Excited about a new BLS album. But then I found out at the end of the song that this was a new group on the scene, Black stone Cherry. This album just rocks from start to finish, excellent guitar work, Hard pounding drums, and decent vocals to boot, not this cookie monster stuff that many new "metal" groups are putting out. So this album is worth a buy, its still afordable, and it will boost your collection with a new injection of energy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Black Stone Cherry, August 29, 2007
This review is from: Black Stone Cherry (Audio CD)
I first saw them in concert in Louisville, Ky. This band is the real deal and they signed autographs for 2 1/2 hours until the last person was taken care of. They stated that we take care of our fans because we couldn't do this without them. The music is awesome!!! This is a CD that you can rock to every song without skipping one to move to another. I have been a fan of rock music since the early 70's from Ted Nugent to Zeppelin, AC/DC, Boston etc. and this band is right up there with them. This is a must have CD!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Just awesome rock, September 28, 2006
This review is from: Black Stone Cherry (Audio CD)
Black Stone Cherry is just a great CD. Every song, I MEAN EVERY SONG, just rocks. From the 1st track "Rain Wizard" it grabs you and punches you in the faces and you are hooked. From then on your just on a rock ride listening to a band that knows rock. My personal Favorite is "Drive". It's a song that just has it all and tops the CD. Can't wait for the next album. If you want a kick @!$, in your face rock album, BUY THIS CD. If you want to run home to mommy listen to ToneBoss. ROCK ON BSC!!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great southern rock, May 16, 2007
This review is from: Black Stone Cherry (Audio CD)
I was introduced to these guys on, of all things, Headbanger's Ball. Though not metal, they bring an edge and sound to this brand of music the likes of which hasn't been seen since Guns n Roses. The powerful, long-ranged vocals...the tight riffs...the squealing solos. Black Stone Cherry has everything you could ask for in a Southern Rock band.

I see a bright future for these guys. A very impressive debut to say the least.

5.0 out of 5 stars absolutely awesome, September 29, 2006
hollie (United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Black Stone Cherry (Audio CD)
i saw these guys early this summer, and bought the cd the day it came out. although i'm in my mid twenties, i don't care for anything new- i think the newest band i listen to and really like i saliva's later non-rappy stuff. i was stuck listening to the old metallica, pantera, ozzy, bls, and i thought all was now lost, and these guys come out of nowhere and totally disprove that. by far the best cd i've bought in years. put it in, push play, and listen to the whole thing. yes, you heard me- every song is awesome. whatever it costs, buy it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Black Stone Cherry, March 5, 2011
This review is from: Black Stone Cherry (Audio CD)
This is one of the few albums I wish I could give more than 5 stars to! It is excellent. The sound is raw and the riffs grab you, give you a good shaking and don't let go, and nor would you want them to! Each song is powerful and is perfect summer rock. They remind me of AC/DC, Led Zep and even Audioslave in places. I bought this on the back of an Amazon recommendation, and the reviews written here, and have to say I add my whole hearted endorsement. Go buy this album, you will not be disappointed. A top band and I can't wait for more.

Feel free to check out my blog which can be found on my profile page.

5.0 out of 5 stars These Guys Are Awesome!!!!!, September 10, 2006
This review is from: Black Stone Cherry (Audio CD)
I saw these guys the other night in Soo, Michigan. They opened for Staind and these guys killed!!!. I met them after the show and they all signed my CD which I bought at the show. The CD rocks and these guys are the nicest people I ever met (the drummer talked to me for a while after the show). Check these guys out. You won't be dissappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars every track amazing..., September 4, 2006
This review is from: Black Stone Cherry (Audio CD)
LED ZEPPELIN meets BLACK SABBATH meets LYNYRD SKYNYRD meets BLACK LABEL SOCIETY...like the title for my review states, every song is amazing. These guys fuse heavy guitars with classic riffs and the occasional B3 organ. The vocals are phenomenal, unique, and right on with the music. Black Stone Cherry's sound is fresh and addicting. Buy this album.

‹ Previous | 1 2 310 | Next ›