5.0 out of 5 stars MUCH better than the debut...Troy found his groove here...
I am actually SHOCKED how much I love this record!!!! Most will probably tell me I should be ashamed of myself, but in reality, THIS is the record that Big & Rich should have released instead of the enjoyable but something's missing "Between Raising Hell & Amazing Grace"...it's much better, catchier and more exciting, edgier throughout.

If anything, it's like...
Published on July 20, 2007 by Larry Davis

3.0 out of 5 stars Cowboy Rapping
Again thought to check out some more of Cowboy Troy. And this is alright, I like some of the songs on the cd. As with all rap cd, just certain songs. You might like this one as well.
Published 22 months ago by Thomas Billie

5.0 out of 5 stars MUCH better than the debut...Troy found his groove here..., July 20, 2007
This review is from: Black In The Saddle (Audio CD)

If anything, it's like a much better, non-Republican, Kid Rock. Troy doesn't sound like he's trying too hard here, the songs are better-written, they're much more cohesive, and there's no sense of novelty like "Loco Motive" had. The blend of hard rock, old school hiphop, alt-country, and dance rhythms works really well all over "Black In The Saddle", a really seamless blend...Troy and John Rich finally figured it out...it's equal to Big & Rich's "Horse Of A Different Colour", Troy's version of it...and this album proves that John Rich (he goes under the pseudonym "J.Money" here) is capable of matching it and maybe even surpassing it...BRHAAG is not it..."Black In The Saddle" is equal to that vision.

I love the references to rock bands like Guns & Roses and mosh pits, goood times and "Hick Chicks, Dixie Divas and you Southern Belles"...and the "Barn Dance Remix" of "I Play Chicken With The Train" is better than the original, the novelty aspect gone, replaced by a cohesive vision of rock, dance, hiphop and country.

I like I like...and most mainstream country people would probably hate this like poison. I wonder who this should be aimed towards??? The dance clubs??? The modern rock crowd??? Rappers, maybe, but they're too closed-minded. Maybe those who dug Run DMC, Beastie Boys, old school rap, Ice-T collaborating with Body Count???

I don't know, but it doesn't matter, it's a great record that will go underappreciated and unnoticed...too bad really...Cowboy TRoy's really good after all...even his inbetween single "Hook Em Horns" was great too...

3.0 out of 5 stars Cowboy Rapping, October 20, 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars Cowboy Troy, December 27, 2010
This review is from: Black In The Saddle (Audio CD)
This is what hick hop is all about. If you don't like it, don't listen to it. This is my favourite Cowboy Troy album, and has even managed to convert a few people who had never heard of hick hop, to like it.

1.0 out of 5 stars I tried CT twice. Never again, April 15, 2014
This review is from: Black In The Saddle (Audio CD)
I tried so hard to like this album. I really tried. I love "urban country" or "hick hop" or country rap, however you want to call it. So I wanted to like this major-label artist. This artist who is one of the rare African-American artists in country music. I tried... But after hating that first album of his, I decided I'd give this one a chance. One last chance. UGH! I'm sure he's a nice guy and I'd love to meet him in person, but I can't subject myself to this horrible music anymore. This guy is wildly untalented and apparently nothing more than a novelty act. His country themes seem forced and his delivery is really clumsy.

If you're looking for country rap, check out Colt Ford, The LACs, Mikel Knight and even Nappy Roots. But don't do this. I will not be giving CT anymore chances.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love! Cowboy Troy!!!!, March 1, 2014
This review is from: Black In The Saddle (Audio CD)
Cowboy Troy is unique and love his music! One of my favorites on this CD is "Take Your Best Shot Now."

3.0 out of 5 stars broken case, March 29, 2013
This review is from: Black In The Saddle (Audio CD)
The case was broken upon delivery. The CD was fine. I would have returned but my son had opened it prior to me seeing it was broken.

4.0 out of 5 stars My son loved, July 18, 2010
This review is from: Black In The Saddle (Audio CD)
I gave this to my son for his birthday and he loved this CD. Thanks

5.0 out of 5 stars Deffinately BACK IN THE SADDLE, October 9, 2007
This review is from: Black In The Saddle (Audio CD)
Cowboy Troy is deffinately back int he saddle with his new album. His debut was good, but he deffinately has found his sound with this new album.

The whole album is good. There is not one song that I do not love. This album is edgier and has you singing along. I'd have to say my favorite song, if I had to pick one, on this album is "How Can You Hate Me." I love the guitar, and the melodic sound of this song. It's meaningful, yet rocks with the best of them.

If you're a traditionalist when it comes to country, then this is not for you, but if you think outside the box and love music for the sake of loving music. You'll love this album.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love Cowboy Troy, September 15, 2007
B. York (N. California) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Black In The Saddle (Audio CD)
I am so excited my husband, at this minute, is out trying to find Cowboy Troy's CD for me. I watched "Hick Chicks" on CMT today and knew I had to get his CD. Problem is "Best Buy" doesn't have the common sense to carry his CD's. (He just got home and found it at Target!)

I have to question those that gave Cowboy Troy negative reviews. Is it because a black man and is crossing the "lines" going country, crossing the lines? Cowboy Troy is part of the Muzik Mafia. "Music without prejudice". Are those that gave him negative reviews prejudiced? I hope not. He is an aweome artist with a great voice that isn't afraid to "cross the line." Are you all willing to do the same?

I am, according, to some of my friends, from all different different races, the "Whitest white girl they've ever met." Many of my best friends are from all different races. Are we not beyond that? I'm glad my friends don't see color but see me as who I am.

Cowboy Troy knows he's on his own. He is still not afraid of being who he is and I applaud him for that. Could you all stand on your own knowing the cards are against you and still stand up for yourself. I don't think so.

So, for those that want to dog him for the wrong reasons... I feel sorry for you because you have to live with yourselves 24/7 and I'm glad you are not part of my life.

Cowboy Troy and the rest of the Muzik Mafia will always be my fans. Put down the barriers and listen to the music without prejudice. That's all they're asking.

Signed,

A music lover without predudice.

Betsy York

1.0 out of 5 stars You Don't Sound Like No Cowboy I Know, November 29, 2007
This review is from: Black In The Saddle (Audio CD)
This guys has about as much talent as Vanilla Ice, Shaquille O'Neal, and Deion Sanders when it comes to hip hop. This album belongs in the 50 cent bin you shouldn't even have to pay a dollar for this garbage. MC Hammer would kill this guy. Dr Dre & Eminem and Mo' Thugs annhilated Coboy Troy and they were only messing around with the style. Troy is trying to make a career out of this, which is a shame because he seems fairly intelligent when he's off the mic. This is coming from someone who likes diversity and obscurity in hip hop Check out my amazon.com list "Who Says Hip Hop Isn't Original". Troys first release showed more potential than this because back then it was something the world had never seen before. If your gonna try this again Troy I'd advise you to do some serious homework first.

Black In The Saddle
Black In The Saddle by Cowboy Troy (Audio CD - 2007)
Rate and Discover Movies