Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Size: 1.86 oz|Change
Price:$8.95+ $4.00 shipping

VINE VOICEon February 5, 2009
Some of this stuff can get rather expensive but this particular brand is the most cost effective product of its kind that I have come across and it still delivers the unique and delicious flavor you are looking for. I was a bit skeptical at first, due to the price, but after tasting it at a friend's house, I became a true believer. Like another reviewer here, I add a dash to steamed veggies and a wee bit to some of my salad dressings and to be frank, it will tickle your tongue while knocking your socks off. The best part is that you get all this quality and you do not have to lay awake at nights worrying about what you spent on the stuff.
on November 23, 2009
After I had a pizza with truffles and porcini mushrooms in a small town in Tuscany, I was a committed truffle fan.

And the deal was already sealed when I had potato chips with truffle oil.

It was with at least those two things in mind that I started looking for truffle oil. My first attempt was La Tourangelle (see my review on Amazon). You really have to work to find the truffle essence in the Tourangelle version.

But, JR's La Truffiere is the real deal. Pungent, garlicky, and very powerful. I've only tried two different truffle oils, but I'll risk giving this one a five star rating since I can't imagine a better version.
on January 11, 2009
I looked at a lot of different truffle oils and this one came from a manufacturer that makes a lot of related items. It tastes great and it is a good value. I bought it for my son-in-law who is a professional chef and he thinks it's just great, too!
on June 3, 2011
I've tried a few brands of truffle oil and I really haven't been able to tell the difference between qualities. All are super pungent with that lovely aroma and taste that truffle oil brings. I used this on salads and also to oven bake/fry potato chips (recipe to follow). The price is great which is why I bought it. Truffle oil can get pricey quick. Depending on how often you use it, it is great to find a economical source! Love this stuff!

Potato Chips:

Ingredients:
* 2 baking potatoes thinly sliced on a mandolin
* Garlic powder
* Salt
* Pepper
* Olive oil (75% of the mixture)
* Truffle oil (25% of the mixture)

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F

2. Pour enough olive oil and truffle oil in baking pan/sheet to thinly cover entire surface area.

3. Move pan around to coat evenly.

4. Put pan in oven for 2-3 minutes to heat oil. Remove pan from oven.

5. Sprinkle desired seasonings in the oil.

6. Place sliced potatoes in oil (will fit about 1 large potato per baking sheet). Do not overlap!

7. Bake for 8 minutes, flip potato slices over.

8. Bake until done 5-8 min (continue to check as the outside ones will crisp sooner)

9. For round 2: Reapply some oil and seasonings. Repeat process
on April 18, 2013
As you may know, truffle oil cannot be extracted from natural truffles. Instead, this is synthetic product mixed with either olive or grapeseed oil that is supposed to taste and smell similar to real truffles. Some brands get this synthetic "truffle" flavor pretty close to the real deal, and some brands are pretty far off. Unfortunately, out of the many brands I have tried, this is hands down the worst of the worst. The flavor is ok, but the stench is overwhelming. My husband hates the smell of all synthetic truffle oils, and he ended up throwing this one out because of the smell. He actually had to leave the room whenever I would use it. It was a really powerful smell that kind of resembled propane but had a moldy musk to it. It really was not pleasant, and I love truffle.

I urge anyone shopping for truffle oil to skip this and consider buying a different brand off amazon. My favorite 3 are listed below.

Urbani White Truffle Infused Oil, 1.8-Ounces Bottles (Pack of 2)
Roland Black Truffle Oil From Italy, 3.4-Ounce Glass Bottle (Pack of 2)
La Tourangelle Infused White Truffle Oil, 8.45-Ounce Tins (Pack of 2)

Edit: I'd like to add that, while the description of this item does imply that this was made by infusing real truffles with olive oil, it appears to be 100% synthetic. The synthetic oils are a fraction of the cost of infused oils, and this particular truffle oil is cheaper than many synthetic brands. In addition, synthetic oils have a stronger flavor and smell than the infused variety, and this truffle oil has the strongest smell out of any I have ever had.
on April 12, 2009
The smaller sized bottle is perfect for someone who would like to sample the taste before purchasing a larger size. A little goes a long way. Tasty and flavorful--I think it's better used in cold dishes like salads instead of hot dishes where the flavor can get lost. Delivery was fast and I would purchase other products from this company.
on December 16, 2008
[...]

This is delicious. Try it on steamed broccoli or cauliflower etc. Subtle and unlike anything you've ever tasted!
on September 22, 2010
what an incredible addition to my already delicious mushroom risotto! I cannot wait to use it more. Absolutely delicious!!
on January 14, 2011
Have been looking for truffle oil for some time and after reading the reviews here, I decided to give this brand a try. It is excellent, a little goes a long way and it's a great addition to soups and pizza. Expensive, but worth it. I will order the larger bottle the next time.
on February 20, 2015
2,4-Dithiapentane solution. OK, not great. A little too strong tasting. The taste changed after a while, I wondered whether the flavoring may be decomposing.

The label does not make it clear that this is an artificial flavoring chemical dissolved in oil and has not been extracted from the truffle mushrooms.

See 1 answered question