5.0 out of 5 stars Works Great
Published on January 22, 2013 by Erik1434

1.0 out of 5 stars Blank Disc
I bought this game hoping to be shipped a game. Instead I got a nice case and a blank disc!

Do not buy this game if you hope to play it.
Published on September 21, 2012 by Steveo

1.0 out of 5 stars Blank Disc, September 21, 2012
This review is from: Black & White 2 - Plus Battle Of The Gods (DVD-ROM)

Do not buy this game if you hope to play it.

1.0 out of 5 stars sent a blank disk, May 3, 2012
This review is from: Black & White 2 - Plus Battle Of The Gods (DVD-ROM)
sent me a blank disk, cover art and everything was there but there were no files in the disk. checked on multiple computers and all said they read a cd was in, but that there was nothing on it, very unprofessional.

1.0 out of 5 stars They sold me a BLANK CD, September 7, 2011
This review is from: Black & White 2 - Plus Battle Of The Gods (DVD-ROM)
Maybe this game is fun, but this stupid company sold me a BLANK CD. There's nothing on it and I've checked on several computers. Oh, and it took them forever to ship it. I do not recommend purchasing any games from this "Lake Placid" distributor - they suck!

1.0 out of 5 stars Blank Disk, October 30, 2012
This review is from: Black & White 2 - Plus Battle Of The Gods (DVD-ROM)
Was sold a blank disk! waiting about five days and got everything with it but the game on the disk.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works Great, January 22, 2013
This review is from: Black & White 2 - Plus Battle Of The Gods (DVD-ROM)
First off, disregard the mentions of "blank disk" in these other reviews. So long as your comp had a DVD drive you'll be fine, just open up Finder on your Mac, click on the CD icon, and download from there. If the disk spits out, go to Disk Utility, click on your harddrive, and then Repair Disk Permissions. Should work like a charm. If not, you need to clean your reader (preferably by a Mac Tech).

As for the game, it runs great. My specs are below, and can say that I'm running on Med graphics and haven't had a single lag yet.

2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
RAM 4GB 1067 MHZ DDR3
Graphics NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT 256 MB

1.0 out of 5 stars bad seller, August 27, 2013
This review is from: Black & White 2 - Plus Battle Of The Gods (DVD-ROM)
couldn't get it to work after I installed it. worst experience ever. I hate you so so so much for ruining my day

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome game, February 19, 2012
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Black & White 2 - Plus Battle Of The Gods (DVD-ROM)
I had this game a long time ago on pc and loved it so I got it for my macbook pro. The game runs three times better than the older pc version and it includes the collectors edition tiger creature and expansion all on one disc. Great deal!

2.0 out of 5 stars A Buggy Disapointment, April 30, 2009
= Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Black & White 2 - Plus Battle Of The Gods (DVD-ROM)
Probably a great game; I enjoy playing it until it crashes/freezes/slows to unplayable. Also, terrible interface; good idea, controlling everything w/ the hand. Might even be good in practice if the programmers of this game could actually do their job, but unfortunately, as written, it doesn't work well. At critical times, it's nearly impossible to "shake loose" the military banners when needed.

In short, this is a poorly ported "Beta" version of a game at best - at least running on an 2 GHz Intel Mac w/ 4 M of RAM. This meets the supposed requirements for this game. A good game, maybe, but at least on the Mac I have, it's buggy & extremely frustrating (& yes, I've lowered the res, etc - & it's just badly written code.) I'd have to say Black & White 2 has been mostly a disapointment for me. The demo ran great; not so the whole game.

2.0 out of 5 stars This Game Will Make You Want To Play Postal 2, March 18, 2013
= Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Black & White 2 - Plus Battle Of The Gods (DVD-ROM)
I tried really hard to like this game. I played it long after I knew I didn't like it. I forced myself to play through most of the main storyline. In short, gameplay is frustrating due to the fact that the controls are awful. For some asinine reason, the developers decided that keyboards are of the devil and tried to cram the entire interface onto the screen. The buttons are tiny and easy to miss, and simply scrolling across the map feels like trying to sort eggs with a sledgehammer. The AI is so dumb that you might actually win, despite the terrible controls.

The mouse controls have about as much dexterity as I do after spinning in circles for half an hour while drinking Jack Daniels whiskey. After five minutes of trying to cast a rain spell with a mouse gesture, I felt like repeatedly smashing the keyboard across my forehead until the game figured out what I wanted. Another time, I was trying to transport about a hundred people from one town to another. All went well until the game interpreted my "place object" command as "Throw all these people five hundred feet into the air and off this nearby cliff to their deaths."

At that point I just gave up and started catching people on fire and smashing buildings with gigantic rocks. Ironically enough, this was the most fun I had with this game. My favorite part was when some guy fled his burning house and was immediately flattened by a collapsing cathedral.

The best part about this game was the incredible release I felt after quitting and uninstalling it.

Maybe if other things were this easy to quit, I wouldn't have a drinking problem.

...Wait, was that out loud?

3.0 out of 5 stars not hte fault of the seller...but ouch..., May 22, 2014
This review is from: Black & White 2 - Plus Battle Of The Gods (DVD-ROM)
I never got to play this game. I bought it for a deployemnt to a combat zone, but it required online authentication to play. Since I had no internet where I was at that never happened, and by the time I got home the disks were too scratched to play.

Black & White 2 - Plus Battle Of The Gods
Black & White 2 - Plus Battle Of The Gods by Feral Interactive (Mac OS X, Mac OS X Intel)
Used & New from: $65.85