5.0 out of 5 stars Bolder
Published on October 14, 2011 by A. Dent

1.0 out of 5 stars BEWARE OF THIS SELLER!!!!
Published on November 15, 2011 by A+

1.0 out of 5 stars BEWARE OF THIS SELLER!!!!, November 15, 2011
This review is from: BlackBerry Bold 9900 GSM Factory Unlocked Phone - No Warranty (Black) (Wireless Phone Accessory)
This is a T.Mobile branded phone. That is not said in the description and it is extremely relevant. Would not have purchased it had it been described as a T.Mobile unlocked phone. The problem is that 3G does not work on other networks (it's not "unlocked" if you need to use 3G network). And in some countries, like Japan or China, you can only use a BlackBerry on a 3G network. I learned this the hard way. Thanks to this misleading seller. What a horrible shopping experience. On top of it, the seller responded that I should have checked the comments from other customers before buying. Unbelievable. If the seller new it was a relevant information, why did the seller not amend it's description?

1.0 out of 5 stars It was really the worst item I bought ever :(, July 7, 2012
First of all, they wrote ( Like NEW ) and it never was at all. Second, when I got it, it was scratch all over the phone but i accepted it. Third, I just used it for only one month then suddenly the screen not working at all. I took it to two different places to fix the screen or replace it, the first one asked for $160 and the second one asked for $100. Then they told me that the phone opened before and the speaker has been changed with another old one. When I contacted with the seller he said that it was over 40 days and he will never accept to returned back again. I paid almost $400 for an old and opened phone then I'm gonna pay additional $100 to fix it!! This is so unfair. So, please if any one read this DON'T EVER BUY FROM THIS SILLER AT ALL!!

3.0 out of 5 stars Unlocked but branded by T Mobile, October 11, 2011
It would have been nice to know that the unlocked phone was branded as T Mobile. Any other branded phone would have worked for me, but not T Mobile, as is NOT compatible with 3G service in the network I am using.

1.0 out of 5 stars Phone Sucks but Seller is the WORST!, October 26, 2012
I purchased 2 of these phones at the end of June 2012 and they came locked even though there were supposed to be unlocked! I gave feedback on the seller (transformersandgsmphones) and they immediately contacted me and had the phones unlocked...fine.

By the middle of October BOTH of the phones stopped working. I contacted the seller and there was absolutely NO recourse! I purchased the phones from them and they would have me know that in order to have the phones repaired/replaced, I would have to contact Blackberry Canada. I DID NOT PURCHASE THESE PHONES FROM BLACKBERRY CANADA and I said as much and the seller has totally ignored my emails.

TRANSFORMERS AND GSM PHONES are very unprofessional and fraudulent. I WILL NEVER GIVE SPEND ANOTHER CENT WITH THEM!

Buyers BEWARE. Do not give your hard earned money to them. I am stuck with two phones not working and I have lost over $800. BUYERS BEWARE OF THE SELLER "TRANSFORMERS AND GSM PHONES"!!!!!

1.0 out of 5 stars Horrible!, June 26, 2012
I paid A LOT of money for this phone expecting a NEW, unlocked phone only to receive an opened, scratched, UN-usable phone! Not to mention that I thought this phone wasn't "branded" in any way with any cell phone providers only to see that the box is from T-Mobile. I tried using it with my existing SIM card (which isn't T-Mobile) and what do you know, it doesn't work .. AT ALL! I'm greatly upset with this service. Don't advertise your product as NEW, if you're just going to send me a opened box with a already used phone! I paid for this product in hopes of receiving a NEW unused hand phone not whatever you sent me.

1.0 out of 5 stars BEWARE OF THIS SELLER(World Wide Distributors) and It's wacked Return policy!, February 2, 2012
Seller sold me a defected BB9900 unlocked phone branded by T-mobile. Never said it was T-mobile in the description page. I complained to them that the battery was dying after using it for 2days , they told me to contact the manufacturer and said sorry no refund if the phone has been used on any network Airtime, text messages etc. How would i know if the phone is good or not if i don't use it...it did not arrive as D.O.A.?
Now, i had to file a claim to be re-imbursed by Amazon.com A-to-z Guarantee claim. Seller has received the returned item since Jan-27th and still has not refunded me nor give me the status of my return.

I have already bought another one from Amazon direct...it is an OEM, unlocked phone & working perfectly though a bit more expensive...at least you're getting the REAl McCoy!!!

Hope this helps you in the future when you want to make a purchase on Amazon...Always go for sold by Amazon or fulfilled by Amazon ... their product is excellent and return is Hassel free!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Bolder, October 14, 2011
I will state right in the beginning my view that Blackberries continue to be the leaders when it comes to security, data efficiency, reliability and and practicality. My company-issued Blackberry does not do games very well and I'm not using it to play movies (I prefer the 73" screen in the living room for that) but it's amazingly good when it comes to getting my email and quickly composing new messages or replying to the incoming. Also great at integrating the enterprise email with any Web email services I'm using, Bluetooth-paired devices and the phone features be they 4G or Wi-Fi.

Current Bold users should be happy and almost certainly happier with the 9930 because this is very much the 'old' Bold only sleeker, faster or, in other words... bolder. When it comes to new users, it's a crowded marketplace out there. Those who prefer great physical keyboards may want to look into this Bold because you could hardly find a better 'phone' keyboard anywhere and that includes other Blackberries. I am currently a Torch user but I've been given the opportunity to try out a couple of the newer models: this new Bold and the new Torch 9810. The Torch has a slightly larger screen but, in fairness, few phones come close to the new Bold when the factors considered are elegance, the quality of the build and, naturally, the keyboard.

First, the good things:

- IT'S STILL A BLACKBERRY - This is important to the many BB users who want their Blackberry to change only slightly from one generation to another, at least as far as the physical form and the user interface is concerned. While Blackberries evolved from the little 'wheel' to the track ball to the current touch-sensitive pad to touch screens, they are still recognizable and I bet that if a time traveler from, let's say, 2002, popped up in 2011, he/she should be able to use the 9930 in no time. All buttons are at the familiar locations and, at least when comparing it with the previous generation, the 9930 responds very much in the same way with 'touch' added if needed but never mandatory to accomplish anything. I find myself using a combination of touch, buttons and sometimes to track pad to operate it.

- IT'S SMALLER, LIGHTER - While the screen appears to be (very slightly) larger on the 9930, its bulk is significantly reduced. This model is thinner and it appears to weigh less than its predecessor. Not everyone may appreciate this in the beginning and I was one of those but I got used with the lighter device quickly and I would consider it an improvement now.

- TOUCH - Not the first Blackberry with the feature and it's not as good as iPhone's but, for what I'm using it, it's just right. The new Blackberry OS allows me to 'touch' just about anything on the screen and trigger... something. Gestures are also supported including 'pinch-zoom' in and out. And, related...

- BUTTONS - Maybe this should have been at the top of the list. This Blackberry does not force me to do everything by touching the screen. Just about everything can be done by either pushing/clicking a button and controlling the cursor with the little trackpad or by interacting directly with the screen (tap virtual buttons) or a combination. Most of the time it's 'a combination' for me and it's always the way I feel most comfortable about doing things. I appreciate the ability to use physical buttons when I want it.

- IMPROVED PICTURE QUALITY - Very much on par with what's current 'best in the business', the picture is significantly better as far as brightness and resolution. I would not use the Bold to watch movies or read books with the Kindle app but this is because I don't use Blackberries that way. I could if I wanted to. To me Blackberries are expected to do: email, voice, enterprise integration. Everything else is 'extras' - my employer wouldn't like to see me watch movies, play games or update my Facebook wall on the company 'phone'.

- BETTER KEYBOARD - Believe it or not, this Bold's keyboard is even a better design that the predecessor's. The keys are slightly larger because keys now stretch from edge thus gaining maybe an extra 1/8 of an inch to distribute among the 10 or so keys on each row. I noticed the difference immediately.

- EXTRAS - Of course, you get cameras with geolocation which I'm not likely to use a lot but it's good to know it's there, you can get video for free or subscribe to some pay services, have the ability to store various media and so on. It's good to have them but I'm not likely to spend much time with the 'extras' except maybe with the Web browser which, by the way, is very good at handling HTML5.

- IMPROVED WEB BROWSER - This is good news. The built-in browser may not be as good as, let's say, Opera but it's coming pretty close and it's a major improvement over what Blackberry used to offer. This one is, of course, touch enabled.

- Bluetooth, WI-FI - they work great and pairing with a Bluetooth device can be done literally in seconds.

In addition to the above, on the 'the same' or not necessarily 'improvements' category, I noticed no significant change as far as battery life is concerned. Hard to measure it but I would recharge it every couple of days if used for phone/email only and at least daily if a lot of web browsing or video is involved.

On the not-so-good or 'really annoying' side, I really hated the abundance of bloatware - I call it 'crapware' - that seems to have invaded the Blackberry world. There is an abundance of little pre-installed apps and services that, shortly after you click on and go to the trouble of activating them, it turns out that they are 'pay' things, ranging from Pac-Man to TV services, and it's either impossible or very difficult to remove - I didn't have the time to waste so I was able to quickly hide them but... there SO MANY of them. If RIM is listening, they should know that I do NOT love Blackberry more for turning the BB desktop into some apps and services peddling space. Blackberry's app store continues to be difficult to navigate, overpriced and quite unattractive.

When it comes to rating this new Bold, within the context of Blackberries, it's probably one of the best and I am now hesitating between this and the Torch. It's lighter, brighter, sharper, faster and provides more functionality than previous models so it's a five-star.

And, yes. The Blackberry is not an iPhone or an Android. And the reverse happens to be true: iPhones and Androids are not Blackberries. I'm using a Honeycomb tablet for personal entertainment and there is an iPad in our household but what I've been using a Blackberry for 'business' quick, efficient and reliable communications for the past 10+ years. They never let me down.

>> Brush your teeth, it's the law! <<

5.0 out of 5 stars A move in the right direction, November 9, 2011
Bold? Not really. But the best Blackberry you can buy today? Yes.

I'm an Iphone user and Android user mostly, but if you have to have a Blackberry, this is a very nice device. It does do 3G on AT&T, it is snappy, the hardware feels very solid and quality-constructed. The screen is very high quality and the touch functionality works nicely.

To me, the differentiating factor of a Blackberry (at least with their current OS) is that it has a full keyboard. If you are an email maven and don't spend much time on the internet, this is a quality device for that. On the contrary, this device does a very good job of integrating Twitter and Facebook into the factory-ready experience. A little 'net, and a lot of email productivity.

Yes, iPhone and Android have more apps. If you need a full spectrum experience, you've probably already considered iPhone or an Android. That being said, if you strongly prefer a full keyboard or must use Blackberry, this is a very nice device.

The battery life is great, too!

5.0 out of 5 stars Bold 9900 unlocked, December 26, 2011
Delivery to destination only a matter of days - great service.
Setting up the mail accounts was very simple, compared to my previous BlackBerry. Within 5 minutes I was up & running.
This phone is by far the best BBerry I have ever had. The combination of a touch screen and the QWERTY key board make it a very userfriendly phone. The only off-set is reduced battery life compared to my previous BBerry, due to the touch screen. Still though, properly charged the phone brings me through the day with recharging only required towards the evening.

1.0 out of 5 stars Beware of seller!, February 3, 2013
Bought this phone with high expectations, thinking it would be brand new like the product description says. However, upon receiving the phone and connecting it to blackberry desktop software, I realized the phone is used. It contained blackberry messenger contacts from the previous owner and everything was in Spanish. I am extremely disappointed with this seller for their dishonesty in selling used phones and claiming they are brand new. Definitely wasted my time and money.