The next evolution in the BlackBerry Bold family, the 4G-enabled BlackBerry Bold 9900 for AT&T is distinguished by its iconic design and delivers best-in-class productivity for those who want both a full QWERTY keyboard and a touchscreen display. And with the latest BlackBerry Browser from the new BlackBerry 7 OS, you'll experience remarkably faster page load times, seamless panning and zooming, and enhanced web-based video and gaming.
BlackBerry Bold 9900
At a Glance:
- 3G/4G HSPA+ connectivity
- BlackBerry 7 OS
- 1.2 GHz processor
- 2.8-inch touchscreen + QWERTY keyboard
- 8 GB memory + microSD expansion
- 5-MP camera + HD 720p video record
- GPS navigation
- Wireless-N Wi-Fi
- Stereo Bluetooth
- Corporate/personal e-mail
The thinnest BlackBerry smartphone yet at just 10.5 mm, the Bold 9900 boasts a brilliant 2.8-inch touch screen, 1.2 GHz processor, and Liquid Graphics technology, which delivers a highly responsive touch interface with incredibly fast and smooth graphics. It's also outfitted with an 8 GB internal memory that can be expanded via optional microSD memory cards up to 32 GB in size.
Packed full of the latest mobile technologies, the Bold 9900 includes an augmented reality feature that uses the built-in compass (magnetometer) to display over 150 million points of interest, BBM contacts, and more. And BlackBerry's universal search has been amped up in BlackBerry 7 OS. With speech-to-text translation, you can now look for files, e-mail, contacts and music--and even search the web--all without typing a thing.
With BlackBerry, on-the-go productivity is the name of the game. You'll get access to the world-class BlackBerry push messaging service with access to up to 11 supported business and personal e-mail accounts, plus BlackBerry Enterprise Server support for corporate e-mail installations. The DataViz Docs To Go suite is pre-loaded for editing Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint files from anywhere, and you can access BlackBerry App World to download more productivity apps (as well as games and more).
With AT&T's 4G network, you'll enjoy mobile broadband speeds up to 4x faster than AT&T's already fast mobile broadband network (learn more below). This GPS-enabled phone can also access the AT&T Navigator service for turn-by-turn directions.
Other features include pre-loaded social networking tools including Facebook and Twitter, Bluetooth for hands-free devices and stereo music streaming, multimedia player with wide music and video format compatibility, 3.5mm stereo headset jack, and up to 6.3 hours of talk time (see full specifications below).
The BlackBerry Bold 9900 weighs 4.59 ounces and measures 4.53 x 2.6 x 0.41 inches. Its 1230 mAh lithium-ion battery is rated at up to 6.3 hours of talk time, and up to 300 hours (12.8 days) of standby time. It runs on the 850/900/1800/1900 MHz GSM/GPRS/EDGE frequencies as well as AT&T's dual-band 4G HSPA+ network (850/1900 MHz; HSPA+/HSDPA/UMTS) and single-band 3G connectivity (2100 MHz UMTS) when roaming in foreign territories.
What's in the Box
BlackBerry Bold 9900 handset, rechargeable battery, charger, USB cable, stereo headset, polishing cloth, documentation kit
AT&T 4G Network
This phone runs on AT&T's dual-band 850/1900 MHz 4G network (UMTS/HSDPA/HSPA+), and with HSPA+ you'll experience mobile data speeds up to 4x faster than ordinary mobile broadband--up to approximately 6 Mbps (download). AT&T has deployed HSPA+ to virtually 100 percent of its mobile broadband network, which enables 4G speeds when combined with enhanced backhaul (via Ethernet or fiber).
Backhaul is one of the major pieces of a telecommunications network. Think of it as the limbs connecting AT&T's cell towers with AT&T's backbone network that provides access to the Internet.
In areas where either AT&T's 3G or 4G network is not available, you'll continue to receive service on the AT&T EDGE network, which offers availability in more than 13,000 US cities and along some 40,000 miles of major highways.
Note: AT&T's 4G mobile broadband coverage is not available in all areas. 4G speeds delivered by HSPA+ with enhanced backhaul; availability increasing with ongoing backhaul deployment.
Optional AT&T Services
| || The full-featured, premium AT&T Navigator GPS navigation application includes audible turn-by-turn directions, real-time traffic updates and re-routing options, and 3D moving maps (additional charges applicable). AT&T Navigator offers several other features to make your commute more enjoyable and reliable, including mobile access to Yellowpages.com. Additionally, AT&T Navigator is the only mobile phone-based GPS service that provides integrated speech recognition for address entry and points of interest search. |
| || AT&T U-verse Live TV allows you to experience live, on-demand, and downloadable mobile TV so you can watch wherever you happen to be. Watch your favorite channels and shows on your mobile phone, including live sports on ESPN Mobile TV and NBC Sports., breaking news on MSNBC and Fox News, the most popular children's programming from Disney Channel, and More. Hundreds of full-episode, on-demand shows are available from top networks like MTV, Comedy Central, ABC Mobile, and many more. |
- Ultra-fast 4G connectivity via AT&T's HSPA+ network (with enhanced backhaul). See more about AT&T's 4G service. Where 4G isn't available, your phone will connect with AT&T's 3G network.
- Wireless-N Wi-Fi networking (802.11b/g/n) for accessing home and corporate networks as well as hotspots while on the go.
- Bluetooth connectivity (version 2.1) includes profiles for communication headset, hands-free car kits, and A2DP audio streaming.
- Onboard GPS for navigation (using pre-loaded BlackBerry Maps or optional AT&T Navigator) and location services.
BlackBerry 7 OS
- BlackBerry Messenger (BBM) allows you to send and receive messages in seconds as well as see when your contacts are typing. Swap pictures, videos, voice notes, and more (files up to 6 MB in size). You can even text non-BBM friends from the BBM screen.
- BlackBerry App World features a broad and growing catalog of third-party mobile applications developed specifically for BlackBerry smartphones. Categories include travel, productivity, entertainment, games, social networking and sharing, news and weather, and more.
- BlackBerry Balance separates personal content from corporate content, giving the freedom and flexibility to use the smartphone for personal e-mail, Facebook, Twitter, multimedia, games and other apps, while satisfying the need for corporate data to be highly secure and manageable.
- BlackBerry Maps lets you view maps and receive directions on your BlackBerry smartphone. Zoom or pan through interactive maps when looking for locations or directions, get easy-to-follow turn-by-turn directions, and send maps via e-mail or text messages.
Communications & Internet
- Personal and corporate e-mail access
- Compatible with BlackBerry Enterprise Server for advanced security and IT administration features within IBM Lotus Domino, Microsoft Exchange and Novell GroupWise environments.
- HTML web browser (HTML5)
- Full messaging capabilities including SMS text, MMS picture/video and IM instant messaging
- 1.2 GHz processor speeds up everything--from playing games to watching shows to opening files from work.
- 2.8-inch capacitive touchscreen (640 x 480 pixels, 287 ppi, 16 million color depth)
- Physical QWERTY keyboard
- Optical trackpad
- MicroUSB port
- Sensors: accelerometer, magnetometer .
- 5-megapixel auto-focus camera with 4x digital zoom, flash, face detection, image stabilization, geo-tagging, zero shutter lag, and multiple scene modes.
- HD 720p video capture
- Music player compatible with MP3, WMA, AAC, FLAC, OGG, and WAV
- Video player compatible with MP4, M4V, AVI, WMV, and 3GP.
- 8 GB internal memory
- Memory expansion via microSD card slot with support for optional cards up to 32 GB.
- 768 MB of RAM
- Documents to Go mobile document suite lets you create and edit Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint docs as well as view PDF files.
- 3.5mm headphone jack
- Hands-free speakerphone