Powered by the next-generation BlackBerry OS 7, the BlackBerry Bold 9930 smartphone for Verizon Wireless is also the thinnest BlackBerry smartphone ever at just 10.5mm (0.41 inches). A large 2.8-inch capacitive touchscreen boasts millions of colors and is packed with pixels for crystal clear viewing of e-mail, web sites, and video. It's complemented by a full QWERTY keyboard and trackpad navigation.
The BlackBerry Bold 9930 with 2.8-inch touchscreen and full QWERTY keyboard (view larger).
BlackBerry Bold 9930
At a Glance:
- 3G connectivity
- BlackBerry OS 7
- 1.2 GHz processor
- 2.8-inch touchscreen + QWERTY keyboard
- 8 GB memory microSD card
- GPS navigation
- Wireless-N Wi-Fi
- Stereo Bluetooth
- Corporate e-mail
A powerful 1.2 GHz processor provides smoother multitasking and navigation, fast downloads, and crisp HD 720p video recording via the Bold 9930's 5-megapixel camera. And the integrated Liquid Graphics technology combines a dedicated graphics processor with the main processor for a highly responsive touch interface with incredibly fast and smooth graphics.
In addition to high-speed connectivity on the fast and reliable Verizon Wireless 3G network, the Bold 9930 allows you to enjoy wireless voice and data service in more than 200 countries--including more than 125 with 3G speeds.
Packed full of the latest mobile technologies, the Bold 9930 includes an augmented reality feature that uses the built-in compass (magnetometer) to display over 150 million points of interest, BBM contacts, and more. And BlackBerry's universal search has been amped up in BlackBerry 7 OS. With speech-to-text translation, you can now look for files, e-mail, contacts and music--and even search the web--all without typing a thing.
With BlackBerry, on-the-go productivity is the name of the game. You'll get access to the world-class BlackBerry push messaging service with access to up to 10 supported business and personal e-mail accounts, plus BlackBerry Enterprise Server support for corporate e-mail installations. The DataViz Docs To Go Premium suite is pre-loaded for editing Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint files from anywhere, and you can access BlackBerry App World to download more productivity apps (as well as games and more). The Bold 9930 also offers support for the BlackBerry Playbook tablet BlackBerry Bridge (Bridge is available as a free download on BlackBerry App World).
The new BlackBerry browser offers incredibly fast page load times, better web-based gaming, HTML5 video support, and seamless scrolling and zooming. Other features include an 8 GB internal memory, expansion via microSD memory cards (up to 32 GB in size), Bluetooth for hands-free devices and stereo music streaming, 3.5mm stereo headset jack, and up to 6.6 hours of talk time (see full specifications below).
The BlackBerry Bold 9930 weighs 4.59 ounces and measures 4.53 x 2.6 x 0.41 inches. Its 1230 mAh lithium-ion battery is rated at up to 6.6 hours of talk time, and up to 300 hours (12.8 days) of standby time. It runs on the CDMA 800/1900 frequencies as well as EV-DO, Rev A 3G frequencies. It also offers quad-band GSM connectivity (850/900/1800/1900 MHz) and dual-band 3G connectivity (2100/900 MHz UMTS) when roaming in foreign territories.
New BlackBerry 7 OS delivers the ultimate in communication, multimedia, and productivity.
What's in the Box
BlackBerry Bold 9930 handset, rechargeable battery, charger, USB cable, polishing cloth, pre-installed SIM card, quick start guide
Verizon Wireless Services
Reliable 3G Network: With support for the EV-DO high-speed data standard, you'll enjoy fast access to the Internet and Verizon Wireless multimedia services (additional charges applicable), with average download speeds ranging from 400 to 700 Kbps and peak rates up to 2 Mbps.
VZ Navigator Capable: With this GPS-enabled phone, you'll be able to access the Verizon Wireless VZ Navigator service (additional charges applicable) for voice-prompted turn-by-turn directions, heads-up alerts, local search of nearly 14 million points of interest in the US (such as landmarks, restaurants and ATMs), and detailed color maps.
5-megapixel camera with HD 720p video capture.
Mobile Broadband Connect: Use your smartphone as a modem for your notebook when you connect the two using a USB cable--or open a Bluetooth connection--enabling you to access the Internet or your company intranet. The Mobile Broadband Connect tethered modem capability is ideal when you're traveling and need to use your notebook to check e-mail, access corporate networks, or download large files like presentations and reports. And with Mobile Broadband Connect, you won't have to buy an extra PC Card or other devices.
Global Roaming Capabilities: With this mobile phone, you can connect to wireless networks from Europe to South America to Asia thanks to its quad-band GSM/EDGE/GPRS connectivity as well as high-speed 3G HSPA compatibility (900/2100 MHz networks). It comes pre-installed with a SIM card, so customers who plan to travel abroad can activate global service at the time of purchase or by calling Verizon Wireless prior to leaving the U.S. For those who travel abroad frequently, the Verizon Wireless Global Value Plan offers discounted roaming capabilities with data access in more than 200 destinations.
Visual Voice Mail: This innovative service enables you to delete, reply, and forward voice mail messages without having to listen to prior messages or voice instructions. Visual Voice Mail is the ideal tool for the busy mobile professional who may need to prioritize which messages he or she listens to first. Features include on-screen access to voice mail message status, save up to 40 messages for 40 days (or archive permanently), create up to 10 different caller ID-based greetings, and reply via call back, text or even voice mail.
VZW Backup Assistant: Automatically back up your mobile contacts to your online address book. If your phone is lost, stolen, or damaged, or you decide to upgrade, easily restore your saved address book to your new phone. You can also add, delete, edit, and print your contacts online and send the changes to your mobile phone.
Field Force Manager: Combining a powerful Web-based application with a handset application, the Field Force Manager service provides visibility and control for all of your mobile workers. It's a turnkey wireless-solutions package that breaks new ground in resource tracking and management. It is composed of three solution modules:
- Location and Tracking uses rich, detailed mapping to show the location and location history of field workers; provides location information when users clock in and out; shows where they are when they accept and complete jobs; creates an audit trail to validate job information for customers; and generates turn-by-turn driving directions.
- Electronic Timecard gives employees an automated way to capture their time, and gives employers the ability to export this information into many current payroll systems for processing.
- Job Dispatch provides an automated way to manage customer service requests, dispatch field personnel, and track job progress through completion.
Coming Soon: Push To Talk
Push To Talk is not currently available, but it will be enabled in a future BlackBerry Bold software upgrade. When ready, a new icon with a red asterisk will appear on the home screen to inform you that a software update is available. Once the software is made available and you have installed the update, you will then be able to download and install the Push To Talk application.
| || |
- Fast 3G connectivity thanks to Sprint's EV-DO, Rev A network with average download speeds ranging from 400 to 700 Kbps and peak rates up to 2 Mbps.
- Global roaming capabilities with data access in more than 200 destinations (pre-installed SIM card; compatible with 850/900/1800/1900 MHz GSM and 900/2100 MHz 3G UMTS networks)
- Wireless-N Wi-Fi networking (802.11b/g/n) for accessing home and corporate networks as well as hotspots while on the go.
- Bluetooth connectivity (version 2.1) includes profiles for communication headset, hands-free car kits, and A2DP audio streaming.
- Onboard GPS for navigation (using pre-loaded BlackBerry Maps or optional VZ Navigator) and location services
BlackBerry 7 OS
- BlackBerry Messenger (BBM) 6 allows you to send and receive messages in seconds as well as see when your contacts are typing. Swap pictures, videos, voice notes, and more (files up to 6 MB in size). You can even text non-BBM friends from the BBM screen.
- BlackBerry App World features a broad and growing catalog of third-party mobile applications developed specifically for BlackBerry smartphones. Categories include travel, productivity, entertainment, games, social networking and sharing, news and weather, and more.
- BlackBerry Balance separates personal content from corporate content, giving the freedom and flexibility to use the smartphone for personal e-mail, Facebook, Twitter, multimedia, games and other apps, while satisfying the need for corporate data to be highly secure and manageable.
- BlackBerry Maps lets you view maps and receive directions on your BlackBerry smartphone. Zoom or pan through interactive maps when looking for locations or directions, get easy-to-follow turn-by-turn directions, and send maps via e-mail or text messages.
Communications & Internet
- Personal and corporate e-mail access
- Compatible with BlackBerry Enterprise Server for advanced security and IT administration features within IBM Lotus Domino, Microsoft Exchange and Novell GroupWise environments.
- HTML web browser (HTML5)
- Full messaging capabilities including SMS text, MMS picture/video and IM instant messaging
- 1.2 GHz processor speeds up everything--from playing games to watching shows to opening files from work.
- 2.8-inch capacitive touchscreen (640 x 480 pixels, 287 ppi, 16 million color depth)
- Physical QWERTY keyboard
- Optical trackpad
- MicroUSB port
- Sensors: accelerometer, magnetometer .
- 5-megapixel auto-focus camera with 4x digital zoom, flash, face detection, image stabilization, geo-tagging, zero shutter lag, and multiple scene modes.
- HD 720p video capture
- Music player compatible with MP3, WMA, AAC, FLAC, OGG, and WAV
- Video player compatible with MP4, M4V, AVI, WMV, and 3GP.
- 8 GB internal memory
- Memory expansion via microSD card slot with support for optional cards up to 32 GB.
- 768 MB of RAM
- Documents to Go Premium mobile document suite lets you create and edit Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint docs as well as view PDF files. Premium edition supports password protected files, charting pictures, and spell checking for Word docs.
- 3.5mm headphone jack
- Hands-free speakerphone