- Size (LWH): 4.29 inches, 2.36 inches, 0.54 inches
- Weight: 3.84 ounces
- Network Compatibility: GSM
The BlackBerry 8520 features a full QWERTY keyboard and touch-sensitive trackpad for easy typing and navigation, built-in Wi-Fi, and an advanced media player.
You'll be able to access BlackBerry App World to download applications from a broad and growing catalog of third-party mobile applications developed specifically for BlackBerry smartphones, including games, entertainment, social networking and sharing, news and weather, productivity and more. Other features include a 2-megapixel camera/camcorder, Bluetooth for hands-free devices and stereo music streaming, 256 MB internal memory, microSD expansion up to 16 GB, quad-band GSM connectivity for global roaming, and up to 4.5 hours of talk time.
Staying ConnectedWith BlackBerry's push email technology, your email will find you without having to initiate a connection. BlackBerry devices are designed to remain on and continuously connected to the wireless network, notifying you as new email arrives. In addition to the text, you can also receive and view attachments in a wide range of popular file formats, including Microsoft Office, Corel WordPerfect, and Adobe PDF.
Browse the web with the integrated, full-featured browser, which quickly and efficiently displays HTML pages as well as enables you to set up RSS feeds to stay connected to up-to-the-minute news and blog posts. And keep up with your contacts using a variety of instant message (IM) networks, including the integrated Blackberry Messenger as well as downloadable clients for Google Talk, Yahoo! Messenger, and Lotus Sametime.
For corporate users, this BlackBerry device delivers all the enterprise email and messaging capabilities you've come to expect. It's supported on the BlackBerry Internet Service, giving you access to up to 8 work or personal email accounts (including most popular ISP email accounts), as well as BlackBerry Enterprise Server, enabling advanced security and IT administration within IBM Lotus Domino, Microsoft Exchange and Novell GroupWise environments.
- Quad-band GSM phone for good global voice connectivity (850/900/1800/1900 MHz bands)
- EDGE data connectivity providing average data speeds between 75-135 Kbps--fast enough to support a wide range of advanced data services, including full picture messaging, high-speed color Web access, and e-mail on the go.
- Wi-Fi networking (802.11b/g) for accessing home and corporate networks as well as hotspots on the go.
- 2.6-inch color TFT screen supports 65K colors and has a 320 x 240-pixel resolution
- Full QWERTY keyboard with built-in familiar layout lets you type messages easily without searching for the letter you want.
- BlackBerry OS 5.0
- Support for BlackBerry App World featuring a broad and growing catalog of third-party mobile applications developed specifically for BlackBerry smartphones. Categories include travel, productivity, entertainment, games, social networking and sharing, news and weather, and more.
- 2-megapixel camera features a 5x digital zoom, built-in flash, self-portrait mirror and full screen viewfinder.
- Video capture capabilities in two resolutions (320 x 240 pixels for saving; 176 x 144 pixels for sending via messaging).
- Upload photos and videos to to photo sharing sites like Flickr or social networking sites like Facebook and MySpace.
- Multi-format digital audio and video player with compatibility for MP3, WMA 9 Pro/WMA 10, AAC/AAC+/eAAC+, MPEG4, H.263, H.264, and more.
- BlackBerry Media Sync is built right into your BlackBerry Desktop Software and lets you sync your desktop iTunes or Windows Media Player music files with your BlackBerry smartphone. If you're a Mac user, just choose the "media" option and you're ready to sync your iTunes music collection from your BlackBerry smartphone onto your Mac.
- Bluetooth 2.0 connectivity with stereo music streaming (A2DP) capabilities as well as hands-free headsets and car kits.
- Memory expansion via microSD card slot with support for optional cards up to 16 GB.
- Full messaging capabilities including SMS text, MMS picture/video and IM instant messaging (via popular services including AOL, Yahoo!, Windows Live Messenger, and Google Talk)
- BlackBerry Browser for accessing Web sites.
- Organizer tools including calendar, task list, memo pad, and calculator
- Airplane mode allows you to listen to music while the cellular connectivity is turned off
The BlackBerry Curve 8520 weighs 3.9 ounces and measures 4.29 x 2.36 x 0.54 inches. Its 1150 mAh lithium-ion battery is rated at up to 4.5 hours of talk time, and up to 408 hours (17 days) of standby time. It runs on the 850/900/1800/1900 MHz GSM/GPRS/EDGE frequencies.
What's in the Box
BlackBerry Curve 8520 handset, rechargeable battery, charger, USB cable, 3.5mm headset adaptor, quick start guide
- Dual-band EDGE connectivity: This phone provides quad-band GSM coverage (850/900/1800/1900 MHz) for voice as well as GPRS/EDGE connectivity for receiving data. AT&T's EDGE network offers availability in more than 13,000 US cities and along some 40,000 miles of major highways. Providing average data speeds between 75-135Kbps, it's fast enough to support a wide range of advanced data services, including full picture messaging, high-speed color Internet access, and e-mail on the go.
- AT&T Mobile Music enables you to access the Napster and eMusic subscription music services on your phone, stream music video, discover what's playing with Music ID song-recognition software, and find out what's hot with The Buzz music news portal.
Top Customer Reviews
|Length: 2:57 Mins|
Nice price for new smartphone users
Nice fashion colors that only the CURVE series has
3.5 MM headjack
Nice form factor
New OS (ONly 5.0 OS for SPrint and Verizon users)
Decent call quality (No issues yet)
Excellent new broswer
Mini SD up to 16GB (Wish it was 32GB)
Use your songs as ringers
Personal Email (Up to 10 accounts can be added)
BB App World
Full HTML Web Browser (Sometimes)
Excellent Multimedia Player (Accepts every format possible)
Crystal clear screen for playing videos
Includes 2 chargers (Wall Charger & USB charger)
Includes ear phones
For long time BB users, this device is really just a cosmetic upgrade with a new OS (Flashier Icons)
Micro USB (No more Mini USB)
No Flash on the camera
Only one theme
Feels like a plastic toy
No threaded text messaging
Poor screen resolution
Non RIMM Consumer Changes Mind!
No 3G (ONly 3G for Sprint and Verizon users)
Good entry level smartphones for new users who want to save without paying the high price. However, Verizon has pricey data and text messenging plans which are a requirement. Its hard to justify the plan prices for such an average entry level device.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I am pleased with this phone, however the previous version of the Blackberry Curve has a better feel, is more durable and longer battery life.Published on November 8, 2010 by pawvtti
this team is good its performance is very good I recommend the sellerPublished on November 7, 2010 by rafael