- Size (LWH): 4.3 inches, 2.4 inches, 0.5 inches
- Weight: 3.84 ounces
- Network Compatibility: CDMA
- Battery Type: Lithium Ion
BlackBerry Curve 8530, Black (Sprint)
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- 3G-enabled BlackBerry smartphone with full QWERTY keyboard and touch-sensitive optical trackpad; access all your email and messaging as well as social networking
- Sprint Mobile Broadband Network via EV-DO connectivity; Sprint TV and Sprint Music Store enabled; GPS turn-by-turn directions via Sprint Navigation
- 2-megapixel camera/camcorder; Bluetooth stereo music; microSD memory expansion; digital audio player syncs with iTunes and Windows Media Player
- Up to 5.4 hours of talk time
- What's in the Box: handset, rechargeable battery, charger, 2 GB microSD card, USB cable, quick start guide, user manual
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
The BlackBerry Curve 8530 in black.
The slim BlackBerry Curve 8530 smartphone gives you access to Sprint's 3G network, built-in GPS and Wi-Fi capabilities, as well as easy access to music, games and other mobile apps for entertainment on the go
- Fast 3G connectivity thanks to Sprint's EV–DO, Rev 0 network
- GPS using Sprint Navigation for turn by turn directions, and points of interest searches
- BlackBerry OS 5.0 includes typing accuracy and selection improvements, as well as usability and visual enhancements such as inertial scrolling, spin boxes that make it easier to set dates and times, gradient shading on buttons, and more use of animation.
- Support for BlackBerry App World featuring a broad and growing catalog of third-party mobile applications developed specifically for BlackBerry smartphones. Categories include travel, productivity, entertainment, games, social networking and sharing, news and weather, and more.
- BlackBerry Internet Service offers easy access to up to 10 supported personal and work e-mail accounts and one BlackBerry e-mail account. (Learn more)
- Compatible with BlackBerry Enterprise Server for advanced security and IT administration features within IBM Lotus Domino, Microsoft Exchange and Novell GroupWise environments. Customers running BlackBerry Enterprise Server 5.0 will gain the ability to set follow-up flags, manage e-mail folders, access remote files (Windows Shares), forward appointments, view calendar attachments, and more.
- View attachments including JPEG, Adobe PDF, and Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Mac compatibility with BlackBerry Desktop Software for Mac enabling you to sync contacts, calendars, and notes with applications you use most.
- Brightly colorful 2.6-inch LCD screen with 320 x 240-pixel resolution and 65K color depth
- 35-key backlit full QWERTY keyboard
- Innovative touch-sensitive optical trackpad that makes scrolling and selection smooth and easy for a great navigation experience. Like a laptop, the trackpad lets you scroll through menus, icons and info by gliding your finger over it. Press and click to select an item and navigate to where you want to go.
- 2-megapixel camera with 5x digital zoom, built-in flash, self-portrait mirror and full screen viewfinder
- Video capture capabilities in two resolutions (320 x 240 pixels for saving; 176 x 144 pixels for sending via messaging).
- Advanced media player for music, pictures and videos
- Dedicated media keys smoothly integrated along the top of the handset
- BlackBerry Media Sync is built right into your BlackBerry Desktop Software and lets you sync your desktop iTunes or Windows Media Player music files with your BlackBerry smartphone. If you're a Mac user, just choose the "media" option and you're ready to sync your iTunes music collection from your BlackBerry smartphone onto your Mac.
- Bluetooth 2.1 connectivity with stereo music streaming (A2DP) capabilities as well as compatibility with hands-free devices (headsets and car kits) and dial-up networking.
- Wi-Fi networking (802.11b/g) for accessing home and corporate networks as well as hotspots while on the go.
- Memory expansion via microSD card slot with support for optional cards up to 16 GB. A 2 GB microSD card is included.
- Full messaging capabilities including SMS text, MMS picture and IM instant messaging (via popular services).
- Airplane mode allows you to listen to music while the cellular connectivity is turned off.
- Voice dialing capabilities
The full QWERTY keyboard makes sending e-mails and editing documents quick and easy..
The BlackBerry Curve 8530 weighs 3.9 ounces and measures 4.3 x 2.4 x 0.5 inches. Its 1150 mAh lithium-ion battery is rated at up to 5.4 hours of talk time. It runs on the 800/1900 CDMA/EV-DO Rev. 0 frequencies.
What's in the Box
BlackBerry Curve 8530 handset, rechargeable battery, charger, 2 GB microSD card, USB cable, quick start guide, user manual
- Broadband-like 3G network: Supporting the EV-DO Rev. A high-speed data standard, this phone enables you to download and stream high-quality video, straight onto your phone. Where coverage is available, EV-DO Rev. A connectivity provides average download speeds ranging from 400 to 700 Kbps, with peak rates up to 2 Mbps.
- Sprint TV enabled: With Sprint TV, you can make your cell phone your always-on source for news, weather, sports and more. This comprehensive video service combines high-quality streaming audio and video from channels including ABC, The Weather Channel, Fox Sports, E!, CNN, The Discovery Channel, and more.
- Sprint Music Store enabled: The Sprint Music Store enables you to buy, download, and then jam out wherever you are with new songs or old favorites. Offering a growing selection of more than 1.6 million songs, the store provides you two copies of each song--one for the phone and another for the PC, as well as the ability to burn songs to a CD using Windows Media Player. Save your songs to a memory card with a capacity that's right for you.
- GPS capable with Sprint Navigation: This GPS-enabled phone provides optional access to Sprint Navigation for driving directions on your mobile phone--by voice and onscreen. Along the way, turn-by-turn directions will be announced in a clear voice and displayed on your phone. For example, Sprint Navigation will say, "Go 1.2 miles and turn right on Elm Street." As you approach the turn, you will hear, "Turn right on Elm Street." Sprint Navigation also provides proactive traffic alerts with one click re-routing. And it's easy to find restaurants, banks, cafes, hotels and more from over 10 million points of interest across the U.S.
- Stay Sporty with Sprint: With NASCAR Sprint Cup Mobile, instantly connect to the NASCAR information you want, when you want it. Follow NASCAR action from practice to race day with real-time leaderboard and alerts. Get exclusive access to your favorite NASCAR Sprint Cup Series driver with real-time driver stats, breaking news and more. Live in-car audio, race radio, NASCAR on SPEED and other audio/video only available on select phones. Visit sprint.com/speed for details.
To access, just text "NASCAR" to 7777 on your Sprint phone or visit the Sprint Digital Lounge to download NASCAR Sprint Cup Mobile (standard text messaging and data rates apply).
This phone also provides access to Sprint Football Live--free for any phone with a data plan. You'll be able to follow all the live play-by-play action with the Live Game Center for both pro and college football games, as well as stay on top of the pro football draft with a Live Draft Tracker and in-depth analysis and bios on nearly 500 top prospects. Access by texting "FOOTBALL" to 7777 on the handset to download Sprint Football Live from Sprint Digital Lounge (standard text messaging and data rates apply).
Browse the web with the integrated, full-featured browser, which quickly and efficiently displays HTML pages as well as enables you to set up RSS feeds to stay connected to up-to-the-minute news and blog posts. And keep up with your contacts using a variety of instant message (IM) networks, including the integrated Blackberry Messenger as well as downloadable clients for Google Talk, Yahoo! Messenger, and Lotus Sametime.
For corporate users, the Curve delivers all the enterprise e-mail and messaging capabilities you've come to expect. It's supported on BlackBerry Internet Service, giving you access to up to 10 work or personal e-mail accounts (including most popular ISP e-mail accounts--including Yahoo!, Windows Live Hotmail, AOL and Gmail) plus one BlackBerry e-mail account, as well as BlackBerry Enterprise Server, enabling advanced security and IT administration within IBM Lotus Domino, Microsoft Exchange and Novell GroupWise environments.
Top Customer Reviews
Yes, the screen is small. The camera, not so great. The GoogleSync can be intrusive. When you navigate you have to manually refresh from your current location. But it'll crack the screen of any iPhone with its keyboard tied behind its back, and then swagger away.
*Clearer Screen - I'm not sure if the screen was replaced or upgraded, but it looks much clearer to me than my old Curve. The colors are much more vibrant and the resolution seems better.
*Much faster processor - Sifting through emails or menus is much quicker on this phone than on the old Curve
*Media processing - I'm able to sort through music, pictures, and videos much quicker and easier than with the old Curve. If you're like me and store a lot of media on the phone, you know how bogged down it can become. I have an 8gb memory chip in this phone and it has not noticeably slowed the phone down. Loading new music on here is much quicker than it was before.
*WiFi - I use the WiFi almost exclusively now to browse the internet. I get download speeds of upwards of 150 kb/sec on my phone!
*No Flash for the camera
*Construction - This phone feels even cheaper made than the old Curve, which is saying a lot. Each time I drop the phone, I think it will be the last time it will work. Should you get this phone, but INSURANCE just in case.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Customer servic3 and attention given to me and my needs was awesome and amazing. Will recommend and buy from them again.Published 13 months ago by Justen Meneses
I loved this phone. No ball for the blackberry so that was a big plus. I didnt have any freezing issues like most blackberrys I had prior to this phone.Published on December 26, 2013 by Mandi
I don't hate this phone; it was the wrong one. It has been exchanged for a Verizon compatible version, and I am happy with it.Published on November 16, 2013 by Karen V Perrino
I made the HUGE mistake of getting an iPhone and giving this phone to my daughter (who lost it immediately). Read morePublished on October 6, 2013 by MrsOtter
It was nothing as it say I bought it look at it tried it but the face is so scratch up no charger as it say overall am disappointedPublished on August 21, 2013 by SANDRA WISHART
Perfect replacement fo ra phone that I inadvertently crushed. It has worked exactly as expected and was very easy to set upPublished on August 7, 2013 by Mark W. Schulkamp