5.0 out of 5 stars Great Phone with Great Price
Published on December 6, 2011 by buddy

3.0 out of 5 stars An Upgrade from the Old Curve
Published on March 15, 2010 by Amazon Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Phone with Great Price, December 6, 2011
when i first thought about purchasing a phone from amazon i was, to say the least, skeptical. with all the amazon phone buying horror stories going around i felt as if this could easily happen to me as well. Looking for an older model bb new was the easy part but finding the best seller was the hard part. let me tell you Ebargain100 is 100% legit. i purchased this curve on Dec 1st and within 3 days with regular shipping i got it which was surprising bc it wasn't scheduled to arrive until the 8th. right off the bat the packaging was great. The package included a custom Blackberry box and a car charger adaptor! i had no idea it came with it so that was a nice surprise. When i opened the bb box i found the brand new 8530 with the cd, manual, usb charger/wall charger, the official bb leather case and the bb headphones. Everything was brand new no wear on any items. i was kinda wondering why the box wasn't the official bb box so out of curiosity i called the Ebargain100 number. she answered instantly and insured me all contents were new but they buy the bb in bulk so they have to buy all accessories separately and make their own boxes to fit the contents. i am extremely happy to get a brand new bb with extras for such a low price. i recommend Ebargains100 to any skeptical buyer such as myself. oh one more thing, not a big deal but i know for buying a sprint 8530 curve you would usually get a 2 gig mini sd card which did not come with this package. other then that this is by far worth the money and is a great buy for Christmas!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Toughest little phone this side of the Mississippi, June 12, 2012
I've had this phone for about 1.5 years. I've full-on dropped it on the concrete running through the train station I don't know how many times, it never even notices. Today it left it on the roof of my car and drove away...I'm embarrassed to admit -- but it's for a good cause! It flew off in the street and GOT RUN OVER. The backplate and battery were nearby. I put the battery back in (backplate won't quite fit properly) and it turned right on. I am still in communication with the outside world.

Yes, the screen is small. The camera, not so great. The GoogleSync can be intrusive. When you navigate you have to manually refresh from your current location. But it'll crack the screen of any iPhone with its keyboard tied behind its back, and then swagger away.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very pleased!!!, January 10, 2012
I am very skeptical about purchasing cell phones over the internet, especially Sprint since they are still using ESN's. However, I had no choice as my daughter breaks every phone she gets within months. The phone is working great and is pretty durable. I will keep this seller in mind for future purchases.

3.0 out of 5 stars An Upgrade from the Old Curve, March 15, 2010
This review is from: BlackBerry Curve 8530 Phone, Black (Sprint) (Wireless Phone)
I have been with Sprint for quite some time now and have found their service to be fairly solid. Prior to the 8530, I had the Blackberry Curve 8330. This phone is a major step forward (see below); however, there are certain features from the old Curve that do not appear on this one. For instance, I was dismayed to find that the phone does not have a flash for the camera anymore. It's not clear why they removed it, as the old Curve had a flash. In addition, could the battery have gotten worse?? I realize this phone has many more features, some of which drain the batter life (i.e. WiFi), but they have to continue to make improvements to the battery to keep up with these improvements.

PROS

*Clearer Screen - I'm not sure if the screen was replaced or upgraded, but it looks much clearer to me than my old Curve. The colors are much more vibrant and the resolution seems better.
*Much faster processor - Sifting through emails or menus is much quicker on this phone than on the old Curve
*Media processing - I'm able to sort through music, pictures, and videos much quicker and easier than with the old Curve. If you're like me and store a lot of media on the phone, you know how bogged down it can become. I have an 8gb memory chip in this phone and it has not noticeably slowed the phone down. Loading new music on here is much quicker than it was before.
*WiFi - I use the WiFi almost exclusively now to browse the internet. I get download speeds of upwards of 150 kb/sec on my phone!

CONS

*No Flash for the camera
*Construction - This phone feels even cheaper made than the old Curve, which is saying a lot. Each time I drop the phone, I think it will be the last time it will work. Should you get this phone, but INSURANCE just in case. The battery cover is a case in point. The old Curve battery cover clasped into the phone and there was a button to release it. The battery cover on this phone snaps in and pops out fairly easily. I've only had the phone for a month, so I can't say whether this will become a problem in the future.
*Battery life - If you turn off WiFi, battery life improves; however, then you lose one of the best features of this phone.
*No GSM capability - This is NOT a world phone. I guess with Blackberry, you have to pick and choose which features you really want. It's sort of like buying a house, you can't get everything you wanted. With Blackberry, if you want both a world phone and WiFi capability, to my knowledge, it does not exist (at least on Sprint).
*Keyboard - The keyboard is slightly smaller than the old Curve. So if you are upgrading, this phone may take some getting used to. Otherwise, even if you have bigger fingers, this phone is easy to type on.

OVERALL

If you're looking to switch to the Blackberry family, or upgrade, I'd recommend upgrading to one of the other Blackberries. The Curve is the entry-level Blackberry. The Tour and Bold have faster processors and are much more sturdy in construction. In addition, they have a flash in the back for the camera.

4.0 out of 5 stars No Blackberry is perfect, but this is getting close, February 3, 2010
Just upgraded to the 8530 last week and wow I love this unit! Nice design, very fast processor, crisp graphics and resolution, and the touch pad is a welcome upgrade from the trackball. The not so perfect - battery life is anemic. It seems to eat a lot of juice. The unit is power intensive with it's graphic interface and media features so it's safe to say it's underpowered. You can buy a more powerful battery but it seems if that exists it should have been pre-installed on the 8530 to begin with. A minor peeve is the keyboard size. Although it has a Qwerty style keyboard the buttons are too small. Easy to hit the wrong ones when typing. But that's a minor thing and I found the more I use it the more I get used to it. The camera feature is so far the best I have had although there is no flash. Other complaints I've read about a cheap design and flimsy battery cover may be based on experiences with previous BB models but I don't see it. I see nothing cheap about this unit. I do think it's stylish, reliable, quick, compact, and a lot of fun. I recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars The wait was worth it!, January 28, 2010
This is such a nice change after having had the Blackberry 8830 (World edition) for 2 years. At first I was a bit worried about complaints I've read online - cheap, plasticky feel, like a toy, poor battery life, battery door hard to open, which is why I made sure to see the phone in person before buying it. It did not disappoint at all. The design is stylish, sleek and not cheap looking at all. It's very lightweight, trackpad is an awesome change from constantly having to clean a dirty trackball, OS is faster and gives the interface a much more sophisticated look to it. Battery life is obviously relative to the amount of time you spend on the phone and amount of stuff you have going on, so if you're a heavy user you'd probably need to have an extra battery or have the charger with you all the time. As for the battery door, I did not have trouble with opening it for the first time.

Great great phone! They say it's entry-level but I definitely consider it as an upgrade!

5.0 out of 5 stars For the Price its my Favorite Blackberry So Far, May 18, 2010
Ziggy Ziggmuff (Orange County, California) - See all my reviews
Used to have a Pearl with numerous problems, finally had enough of it and decided to upgrade. Sprint has a deal going on right now where you get [...] for your old phone, and since I was over a year due, I got a $[...] rebate too. So my opinion may be a bit skewed as I got this phone for free. Gotta be honest I HATED Blackberry and didn't understand the attraction to the company when I had my Pearl as it was over-overwhelmingly disappointing since day 1.

Well I'm happy to say that I am probably a permanent fan of the BB thanks to this phone. 1st: Thank god BB got rid of the ball, as the sensor-tracker is 100 times better. My ball would go bad, get dirty, etc. This is probably the best tracker I've seen on any phone including the iPhone. I love the BB Messenger capabilities, love the qwerty pad, love the speed of the phone. I have yet to find one flaw regarding the mechanics of this phone. Have downloaded 2 apps thus far for free--Pandora Internet Radio and Google Maps which are must haves (don't even bother using the Maps app loaded on the phone, its terrible) and both have worked like a charm.

The only thing I miss is the flash for the camera, as it seems my Pearl took excellent photos compared to a lot of other phones. I haven't had great luck with this one so far, but like I said, its a very small issue compared to the other flaws that have gone away since my upgrade.

Not sure how this phone works on other networks, but Sprint is EXCELLENT. I was with AT&T for years and hated it, and I will never understand its popularity except for the fact its the only network with the never-ending praised, over-rated over-priced iPhone. Sprint may not be popular with the "hip" kids these days (but who cares) however I have nothing but good things to say about Sprint, as its coverage and its service are the best I've ever had.

If I had the dough, I might saddle up for the Bold, as it seems to be just like this phone but has a couple better features like a better operating system, a higher mega-pixel camera, better speakers for music, ability for a 32G card, and might last better in the long run. But again, the going price for that is $[...], and how can I complain or compare the 2 when I got mine for free? This Curve is probably the best phone deal of my life.

If you're a person who hasn't owned a Blackberry before and you're looking to get into it without breaking the bank, this IS the phone I recommend. I have friends who have BB's and like I said I've owned one previously too, and this is BY FAR the best one I've come upon for the price. These things will be unstoppable when they start supporting Flash, which will blow iPhone out of the water, so hopefully isn't too far off.

You will love this phone!

1.0 out of 5 stars I HATE IT, October 11, 2012
when i ordered the phone i thought it was no problem but when i went to go get it turned on it said it was reported stolen so anybody thats reading DO NOT BUY THIS BLACKBERRY

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Customer Service ever!!!, November 10, 2011
I bought this phone from Andrew and the phone arrived looking brand new, I had the phone for about a month and don't know what I did to lock myself out and froze the key pad, I called Andrew and he tried to walk me through the process to get the phone unlock, I was not able to accomplish this, and so he called metro pcs customer service, which if you know is a complete nightmare. he called four different times before finally we got a rep on the phone, who still was not able to assist me, Andrew told me to just either mail him the phone back for couple dollars more and I would get a boost mobile blackberry, or take it into metro. I chose to take it to metro and was ordered a refurbished blackberry. I would like to thank Andrew for his excellent customer service and outstanding product and knowledge base of the product. I will do business again with him and recommend him to all my friends. he's definitely the go to guy for used phones at a decent price and top notch customer service. I would also add being that I'm on my 3rd blackberry since the purchase from this vendor, to make sure you get insurance from metro, in case the phone turns out to be a dud. you get another one. also I did not get a brand new blackberry from metro as stated but a refurbished phone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Omg what a buy a great help a great guy, August 13, 2011
I had money for a blackberry so I was worried who to buy from and worried I wasn't gonna get a good working phone, so I found Andrew and I just got his blackberry that he sold me let me tell you for 55 bucks and only taking me a few minutes to activate it, this was the best and greatest deal possible. Shipped faster than I though way faster, the blackberry was amazing not one scratch on screen in perfect work condition it came just like a new one would with the setup wizard and all the good stuff. Andrew is a seller like no other he is a helpful guy and whenever I called him the would always answer and help me with what ever I needed help with, he is a reliable and a smart business man. He also include a smart charger which helps your battery alot for 55 bucks a like brand new blackberry you really can't beat the deal I promise you this guy is one of a kind. My sister will be buying from him once she gets her money, for her birthday.

Thanks Andrew