5.0 out of 5 stars Superb
Published on November 27, 2010 by Bas

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor battery life
Published on July 28, 2011 by T. T. Torres

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb, November 27, 2010
This review is from: BlackBerry Curve 3G 9330 Phone, Gray (Verizon Wireless) (Wireless Phone)
- Easy to use at dim light
- Aesthetics -very good in appearance and sleek
- Easy to operate and clear sound in remote parts of a building

4.0 out of 5 stars A solid performer, May 26, 2011
RMS (Bethesda, MD) - See all my reviews
The BlackBerry Curve 9330 is solid and reliable. It won't knock your socks off if you are expecting an actual "smartphone." This is a BlackBerry, after all, and meant more for messaging than web browsing. The web browser works fine, but the limited screen size takes its toll.

The 6.0 software upgrade - - long in coming - - is mostly welcome in that it makes everything prettier, but, as in the case of the Options function (the little thing that looks like a wrench) the plain, old vanilla version was easier to scan through. It lacks the familiar "About" category, for instance, making it a treasure hunt to find out just what model and version you have. But don't worry, you'll figure it out and the Help function actually helps.

Companies buy a lot of these because they are solid performers at a reasonable cost. And you won't be disappointed if you end up with one.

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor battery life, July 28, 2011
I've been a blackberry fan for years. Great experience with my curve 8330. I decided to go modern and it's been an awful experience to have purshased the Curve 3G. It's been a month since I bought it and have changed it 6 TIMES!!! Six different Curve 3g, and still the same problem. The first week and a half, flawless. All of a sudden the battery starts lasting only 4 to 5 hours with the phone NOT being used, and everything turned off (data, wi-fi, back light, etc.). Unfortunately, I'm stuck with a contract. What happended RIM?

1.0 out of 5 stars Worst network and device on the planet!, April 11, 2013
The BlackBerry Curve 9330 on Verizon's 3G network is the worse business inconvenience of my life! The network is like an elephant running up Everest in frozen molasses on a good day. 3-5 mins minimum to load anything. Impossible to use. Verizon should be put out of their misery, especially for their prices. Can't wait until my personal contract expires - getting away from Verizon and this crap network for good!!!!! Now to convince my company to switch to anything else...Carrier pidgeons would be better!

2.0 out of 5 stars Freezes Up, May 21, 2012
I havent added too many applications to this phone and periodically the screen will freeze up and you cant do anything. I have had to remove the battery three times because it stays frozen. Not happy!

5.0 out of 5 stars Well worth the upgrade from the Curve 8330...., September 30, 2011
My previous phone was a Curve 8330 that I loved, used, and abused. However it started feeling dated after awhile especially compared newer "next-gen" phones.

I need the keyboard so that I can type super fast without looking at the keyboard; something that isn't realistic on a touch-screen.

Verizon gave me a free phone upgrade for the "free every two" promotion.

I have to say that it does everything the Curve 8330 was supposed to do, but much better...the trackpad is so wonderful compared to the wheel mouse. OS 6 works really well and is quite snappy.

This has a lot more RAM (256 vs 64 I believe) and the CPU is a lot faster (I am too lazy to look up the numbers) and this is a very good improvement over the 8330.

Advantages:

- OS6 out of the box - a much better OS

- Way more RAM - you can multi-task like crazy

- WIFI - this is a *very* good addition...

- Can text/email while using headset/speakerphone - not good etiquette but great for sending documents to the person you're talking to

- BBM works over wifi, which is wonderful in areas with bad reception but good internet

- can swap out MicroSD flash card without rebooting the phone

- better battery life than 8330 (not sure what's wrong with the other reviewer's phone)

Drawbacks (vs 8330):

- The camera does not have a flash...so picture quality is not as good in dimly lit environments

- Switching to MicroUSB was annoying when I already had tons of MiniUSB cables and chargers

Overall I highly recommend this phone to anyone who has a Curve 8330 and is used to it...the 9330 works a lot better for almost everything except the camera; but I bought the phone to be more productive so it's not a huge drawback...