5.0 out of 5 stars The best communication device ever created
Notice I didn't say best smartphone ever? Because different people need different things from their smartphones, so that title is subjective. Objectively and measurable...for email, text, social networking, etc, there is no device anywhere close to this phone.

Published 10 months ago by Daniel J. Kinem

1.0 out of 5 stars Do not buy this phone.
As a Canadian I felt bad that Blackberry was going under... now I can see why! this phone is terrible. in comparison to the iphone i used to have its like stepping back to 2001 in terms of useability. For example, the Bluetooth will connect to my car but will not play music. Google tells me that many people have this problem but no one has the answer. Other issues include...
Published 4 months ago by ro. s.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best communication device ever created, June 21, 2013
This review is from: BlackBerry Q10, Black 16GB (Verizon Wireless) (Wireless Phone)

Not for people who need their phone for Netflix and 3D gaming. Understand, I am not belittling those pastimes, but this won't serve you well if that is what you use your phone for.

Anyway. Best keyboard EVER on any device. Wait until you start clicking away at it. The rush of power you will feel as you hit every key as intended, no mistakes, no auto-correction...amazing. Monster battery, I tortured it for 11 hours at work, still over 50% at end of day. Small screen, but brilliant, clear, responsive. The 10.1 update mine came installed with has numerous improvements over BB10 initial release.

Perfect weight and feel and size. Snappy, nice camera with HDR now. So much to be excited about. LOVE this phone.

5.0 out of 5 stars I LOVE IT! BlackBerry finally got it right...like Android PLUS a real friggin' keyboard!!, June 24, 2013
This is the best Blackberry phone ever! Finally, i have a phone with a real touchscreen, apps and 4G! Upgrading from a Bold 9930 this phone is like 10x better in every possible way. Web browser that actually works! I can open attachments in seconds with all native apps! I can scroll through thousands of emails and contacts in seconds and they don't take up my entire screen. I can actually do everything the rest of the world has been doing for 5 years plus actually have a REAL KEYBOARD so i can actually respond to emails in seconds without making a million typos and wrong auto-corrects, like all the idiots around me on the bus/train typing like fifth graders with their silly 2 fingers!! (I haven't looked at my fingers to type in 25 years, so no, i will never type on a flat piece of glass and take homosapien evolution back 2 billion years.) You can sideload all the cool Android apps like Google Maps (with navigation, works perfectly!), Amazon, Kindle, OKcupid, Candy Crush Saga, etc. to satisfy and shut up all the stupid Android zombies and iSheep. I have 5,413 contacts as i'm a real estate agent and it breezes through them just like Blackberry always has with the ability to search 1000's of fields in seconds (including Company name, which for some reason half the Android phones still can't do! Android just farts and crashes, and stupid apps like Go SMS/Contacts throw smartphones into epileptic seizures if you try to throw this many contacts or any real data at them). Plus you no longer need BES enterprise, so i can get my Exchange mail and pay $15 less a month on my phone plan, and have a real email instead of Google's gARBAGEmail that looks like email did in 1993!

Anyone who actually does WORK on their phone and doesn't just use it as a toy to play games and watch YouTube videos owes it to themselves to buy this phone. Guess what? It's actually a good PHONE, a good contact manager, a good email device, and a good organizer. Not just a toy/miniature video playback device with a giant screen like everything else on the market. I paid $600 retail for this because i'm still in my plan and my Bold 9930 is going up on eBay. Worth every penny. Finally, i have joined the smartphone world where i can actually get work done AND have an awesome smartphone in one device. That's why i use a Blackberry!!

5.0 out of 5 stars The best Keyboard SmartPhone I ever had..., June 24, 2013
I bought this phone from AT&T and it blew me away with its BB10 software and keyboard. I am from an Iphone 4S. Here is the only thing I am going to say: If this is the device you will be using to play video game, just forget about; it is not yours. Anyway, if this is the device you need to get your job done fast, this is a must have device over the competitions, period.

5.0 out of 5 stars So happy to be back home, July 16, 2013
Judith (SENECA, PA, United States) - See all my reviews
I had the Blackberry Pearl and and the Curve - loved them both. The Curve had been an upgrade from the Pearl. When the contract was up on the Curve and the battery was really toast it was about the time the Android had made it big and it sounded like writing was on the wall for the Blackberry. So - first I went with the Droid - hated it!! Next phone was the HTC Incredible, ok but the auto correcting drove me absolutely nuts and I had a really tough time with the keyboard. Hated the calendar.

Have had my Blackberry Q10 for 2 weeks now and am extremely happy with it. It is so nice to type what I want to say and have it actually appear that way on the screen, no more having to closely screen emails and texts before I send them. Still getting used to the swiping, but it is better everyday. Love, love, love having the Blackberry calendar back, it is so much easier to use - actually tells me what the date is today and in the future; I did miss that so.....

The camera is great, I take a lot of pictures of pets and they never wanted to stay still long enough for the HTC to finally decide to snap the picture - the BBQ10 takes the picture pretty much right away and it is very clear and sharp.

I really debated about the size of the Z10 screen vs the Q10 actual keyboard. Am not sorry in the slightest that I went for the keyboard, I love the feel of it and the ease of moving between numbers and symbols. The size of the screen is big enough, do kind of miss the sideways feature but I can live without it. Wish call blocking was a little easier on the Blackberry, that was a feature on the android that I haven't been able to locate without going into my Verizon account and entering the number.

And finally, the battery life is amazing........ I usually had to plug the HTC in by mid morning and if I wasn't going to be in my car at night was generally concerned about losing power.

Not a bit sorry! Blackberry rocks.....

5.0 out of 5 stars Blackberry is back, June 19, 2013
Best phone ever if you like the tough Blackberry engineering, the qwerty tactile key pad and the latest 4G LTE connectivity. It also has the same touch screen attributes as any of the best large full screen devices. I say 5 Star

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding Phone, July 22, 2013
Let me start here first by saying that i have had and used an iPhone 5, Samsung 3, and a handful of other recent devices. There were certain things i liked about all of them. But, for an all-around PHONE that can also surf the web, play my music, show some videos if needed and pound out email and text like there is no tomorrow the Q10 is the beast. Love the feel, layout, design and stability of the software. Apps are not an issue for me as I primarily use the device for work where texting and emailing our important. I use it next most to play my music and it does this flawlessly. Any app I can't find on Blackberry I have located via GoodeReader and loaded the android version. Best all-around phone I have ever used.

4.0 out of 5 stars Welcome back BlackBerry, August 7, 2013
Paine Bone (Nashville, TN) - See all my reviews
I started out with BlackBerry when it worked like a pager and didn't have a phone component. I had several more BlackBerries until the iPhone 3G came out and then I was an iPhone user with a 3GS, 4, and 5. This is an excellent phone and for those of us business users who love the quick typing of a keyboard, this phone is a very nice fit with most of the conveniences of other smart phones. You have to realize this is basically version 1 of the OS so beware it is not as mature as the competition. The version on my phone is 10.1.0.2038. They seem to be coming out with updates regularly so some of my comments may be rendered moot by a future release.

Things I don't like:
* Android ports don't work as well as native "Built for BlackBerry" apps so you might find yourself avoiding many of the apps in BlackBerry World in favor of the few but better native apps.
* Only 1 twitter account in the app that comes with the phone (and is tied to the Hub).
* Not much choice on the music streaming front yet. Spotify would make this phone awesome. I Heart Radio is native and works well. We can only hope more choice arrives in the future.
* Some things functions are not as polished as you would experience with iPhone. I would expect that to be fixed over time.
* I have two friends left on BBM which makes it useless. It set the standard a long time ago but now they need to get people back on there to make it useful.
* The great old professional ringtones are gone. You can still download and use older BlackBerry tones but this phone comes with a weak offering. Luckily it is easy enough to fix but surprising considering all my old phones had a better selection.

Things I like:
* BlackBerry as always is a great tool for communication.
* BlackBerry is not tied to a major Internet player. You are not really making a commitment to an ecosystem like Google, Apple, or Microsoft.
* Syncing with Exchange is better than anything currently offered by Apple or Android. You get everything plus your notes. I am on Microsoft 365 using their hosted Exchange server and everything syncs perfectly using ActiveSync (no need for BES server)
* The Hub really works well. It can be a little much if you are getting slammed with communications on a particular day but you can toggle off anything that gets in the way of your important stuff.
* Accepting invitations, friend requests, and dealing with Linkedin and Twitter through the hub is a joy. The invitations are really the way it should be on any phone to accept or decline a meeting. Android and Apple should copy what they have done for this function. I deal with sending and receiving invitations all day and I live on my calendar.
* The battery is as good as any smartphone. I can go all day on this phone. To be fair, I could go all day most days on an iPhone as well but the battery should not be a concern.
* It is a very well built phone and it feels great in my hand. It fits perfectly in the front pocket of a dress shirt which is where I keep mine during the day. I find the huge phones out now to be a weird thing that probably do not appeal to many people who carry a phone on the go for working. Also being a heavy text user I benefit from the keyboard but also the size. I struggle to type on the larger phones to reach keys quickly with my thumbs.
* The multimedia and browsing capabilities have improved to acceptable to replace another smart phone. These features arent great yet but the browser is very good and works well enough that most people will be happy.
* I love BlackBerry Travel. I had it a long time ago and replaced it with TripIt on iPhone but I'm glad to have it back.

Over all if you want a phone that does what you need for calling/texting/emailing/social media and you don't depend on your phone as a replacement for your home TV, you might be very happy with the Q10.

5.0 out of 5 stars its a great phone,, July 23, 2013
I enjoy it, takes time to get use to it but it's a great phone, I love it more then then the Iphone,

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Business Oriented Device, July 10, 2013
I really do love this phone, the keyboard is awesome. If you use this device mainly for business communications, i.e. email, text, phone, calendar, etc. it can't be beat. The camera is very good, a big improvement over previous BB models. The browser is very fast and it loads web pages beautifully. I do wish it was easier to edit text (bring back the track pad in a virtual version possibly?) and it does take a little time to learn how to use effectively even for seasoned BB owners. My company has also not yet adapted the BB10 enterprise, so it is not fully supported like previous BB operating systems (hopefully that will change soon!).

The downside, as has been mentioned previously, is that the screen is smaller than its competition; so if you are primarily using this phone for watching video, gaming or general web browsing you might want to consider an iPhone of Samsung galaxy. It also lacks the app selection, which wasn't a big deal to me, but I was surprised some very popular apps that I used a lot and were available on previous BB 6 or 7, were not available on for BB10 (Pandora, Shazam, Amazon, B of A). I also have not been able to figure out how to edit pictures names (rename a saved or new picture), it was very easy on my previous BB. Maybe I just haven't figured it out, but it seems to be missing that capability (if anyone knows how to do this please respond!).

All in all an excellent choice for the business oriented mobile user.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Smart Smartphone, July 22, 2013
I saw a review complaining about a small screen and how hard this phone was to use. I have to disagree completely. I have had my Q10 for 3 weeks now and have never complained about the screen size or the ability to swipe the screen. If you are an ogre with large hands or you do not have an thumb this phone may be hard to use. Otherwise navigating the Q10 is easy. It took me 2 days to get used to the new OS.

If you want a phone to play games on and watch TV this may not be the phone for you. I am a grown man though and have a large TV at home. I don't play the games or watch to many videos on my phone. I send emails, view spreadsheets and check financial information on my Q10 and it has made it easy. The screen is the perfect size for fast navigation.

The only flaw I have seen so far is the inability to have individuals tones for SMS contacts, but I imagine that will be addressed in an update. I let it slide on the account of growing pains of a new OS. I went the touch screen route for a couple of years with the iPhone 4S and regretted my decision for 2 years. Now I am back to being productive with my smart phone.

Bottom Line: If you want to communicate quickly this is the phone for you. I you want to play games it is not.

ARRAY(0x9e1bd57c)