Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Water Sports STEM

on November 25, 2012
I really liked this mount because of the design and how slim and versatile it was. the only complaint i have is due to the mount loosening on its own after about a week. this needs a new design to lock the suction in place. even though it loosens, it never fell off. but still annoying because it shook alot when loose..... would definitely buy again if this was fixed. also, the sides of the clamps have foam holders so they wont damage your phone, after a couple months of use, one side had the foam fall off.
on April 7, 2013
Can't use this mount because it doesn't stick. No matter how much I cleaned window, or dash, and no matter how flat a section I put this on ... it fell off within minutes. Don't buy this one! I paid a little more and ordered the iOttie Easy One Touch Car Mount, model HLCRIO102 and it has worked great from the very start. Put it on a month ago and it hasn't failed yet .... even in Arizona extreme temperature changes.
on November 18, 2012
The only and best reason to buy this: it's slim, small, and doesn't STICK out with a huge gawdy neck from your glass/dash. When not in use, it's low-profile (and easy to remove and put away) it's easy to install (love the rotate-to-lock thing) and you can position it in any angle you want.
I use it for my iPhone to use Waze gps and music/podcasts, etc. i love the thing, I'm buying two just to have in case one breaks.

UPDATE: Okay, so if you live in an area that gets HOT in the summertime (e.g. above 80 degrees) then there will be a big problem... the plastic ball and friction-tension mechanism that the arm rotates on is not adjustable or tighen-able, and when it gets hot, the whole thing gets loose and falls down - as in the phone holder portion dips facing down on it's own from it's own weight. What I've been able to do is rotate the phone-clickable portion, and the ball portion in a 'zig zag' formation, and that *sometimes* helps, but it falls face downward on it's own after a few minutes.

Second problem that iPhone 4 and 4S owners will experience: normal driving causes the slick gripping foam-rubber areas to slip, and the phone will slide down inside the holder because there is nothing to hold the bottom of the phone - this causes the Volume-Down button to suddenly become pressed, making your tunes/gps directions go silent. My iphone is jailbroken, so i was able to program an Activator action to ignore the volume down button when the dock connector is attached, but short of that, it will interfere with your audio.

I can't recommend this for iPhone owners unless you never plan to use it in the summer or if you live in a very cold area year-round. (i live in southern california)
on April 9, 2013
This item broke 2 weeks after I bought it. The ball joint froze, and then snapped after only 2 weeks of use. The phone holder itself was excellent and held onto my phone (Galaxy S3) very tightly and the phone never fell, but it still broke after 2 weeks. Not happy with this item at all.
on December 31, 2012
After opening the package, I tested to make sure my phone fit in it and then the back swivel. After the first few adjustments the back snapped off and I wasn't even pushing it past its boundaries! Real crappy product. Don't buy!
on June 30, 2012
Works just fine does what it says it does. Sticks better to a flat surface, purchased this to hold my iPhone 4 with a bumper fits & grips nicely, its small and stays out of the way. Would recommend!!
on May 17, 2013
I bought 3 of these units for 2 different cars. After 4 months of use, 1 of them has survived. The one surviving mount, holds my Samsung note 2 in Candyshell speck case (just barely), where as the 2 that broke, held smaller Apple Iphones in case as well.

The issue with the other 2 that broke, is that this is made of plastic, prolonged exposure to the sun, or heat, will make the neck of this mount brittle and break easily when you are adjusting its position. The neck of this mount is about as thick as a straw.

The suction of this, is pretty good though, and when it works, it holds the unit securely, and doesn't bounce around like the suction cup long flexible neck mounts.

IMHO, Metal bracketed mounts like RAM are much superior to plastic mounts as most people position them near the windshield or in a hot car.
on March 19, 2013
Broken. Model is MLG-6097AR

On my 3rd use in the car, while inserting the phone into the clamps, the arm that connects the suction cup to the pivot ball, gently snapped at the ball joint. Looking at the break, I can tell the maker has a serious quality problem because the plastic is fatigued. In fact, if I go to the makers website, [...] they have dropped the product from all listings, like it never existed. There service link was to a blank page with header.

I was out of the return window, which I wouldn't have done anyway because the shipping charges would have cost more than the mount. Checking around the internet, I am far from the first one to have this problem with the mount. Broken posts and suction problems seem to be the two biggies.

I wish I had been one of the lucky ones that didn't get a defective product, because I really liked it. The only thing worse than this, is the poor fellow who bought two, one for his wife and one for himself and both immediately broke in the same manner as mine.

The product comes with no papers or instructions in the box and apparently no warranty except the standard 30 day to Amazon.
on July 17, 2012
I purchased this to hold my iPhone in my car. The concept is brilliant, but execution is lacking. Installation was a breeze. I was able to stick the plastic base in a perfect place in my car for my needs. I suctioned the device to it, tightened it down, and WOW! It was sturdy and I thought it was the perfect solution. But then the part that turns to tighten the suction popped loose. I tightened it again and it just sprung back loose right away. I wrote the company that sold it and told them of my experience. They thought I got a bad one and sent a new one. Well, the tightening device was a little better, but it still wiggles loose after a few tiny bumps on the road. I can't believe it's only held by tension alone, there's no locking mechanism. The mount is useless if it won't hold suction. I want to love this little thing because it's perfect except for the fact that won't hold suction! I'm trying to find a way to rig it to stay. Duct tape is out of the question, but I'm not sure what else would work. This item is sold under several different brands on Amazon, so don't be fooled into thinking that one of the others will be any different. They all have reviews that have the same complaint I do.
on February 15, 2013
The smartphone mount is very compact, It provides 360 degree of rotation to maintain upright orientation from any view position. It also allows for over 90 degrees of tilt control to angle the device for the best viewing angle and preventing sun glare. The mount is not obtrusive to the function buttons (on/off, vol, usb port, etc.). The only downside is that unless you use the included mounting disc to obtain a smooth surface for the suction mount, you will have difficulty getting really secure suction of the mount, resulting in the mount and phone dropping onto the car floor or console. My suggestion is find the best spot to view your phone and mount the disc to avoid any problems. Otherwise this is one of the best designed mounts I have come across.