on February 22, 2013
For your money, Im not sure that there is a better deal. This is a very well constructed rail, and the machining is top notch. It does include a recoil lug, or notch on the bottom front for helping keep the mount in place. I looked at Weaver brand rails and there's is also available in a 20MOA option, or a very light weight, thin , rail which I dont feel would not be very stable on long-action cartridges. Sure the Leupold and others are made of steel vs aluminum, however I prefer the weight savings as well as being half the cost, or more.

The mounting holes ligned up perfectly with the action, however they are a little oversized and allow for a little movement fore-and-aft and side-to-side. I imagine this was done to factor in variables in Remington machining, however the small movement +/- 0.001" will be adverse at 100 yards and gets worse as you get out to 600-800 etc yards. As such, windage may be difficult to fully correct if the alignment is off to one side or the other. A talented gunsmith should be able to properly align the rail. However, if your a DIY person you can mount this and it should be just fine. The kit includes TORX machine screws and the necessary tool for installation. These TORX screws are much better as the TORX allows for very good purchase and should not strip as easily as other types. One thing to note is that you will need to shorten the front most machine screw before installation as the forward screw will likely hit the barrel threads before the forward section of rail is secured.

Remember that this mount has 20 MOA built in (the rear is just a little taller than the front) so make sure that your rings or mount don't. In my case I am using a NIKON M-308 and it's included mount also has 20 MOA built in. As such, I will likley replace the mount with low mount rings. This will get the scope closer to being inline with the barrel, and I dont want to have to calculate 40 MOA.

I'm not sure that the extra rail length is really needed, however it is nice to have an option for spacing your scope rings farther apart for better barrel alignment, and for use with longer scopes. Or maybe you simply want to use a small red-dot with a magnifier. If so, you'll appreciate the extra length.

Overall, I am very happy with this product and recommend it for anyone looking to build a nice Remington 700 on a budget.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
on February 21, 2013
Fits like a charm on a Remington 700 LA. The fit and finish was perfect and the screws torqued into place like a charm. Holds zero and provides enough elevation for large diameter scopes.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again