4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect fit for Streamlight Strion LED
It's as if this holster was made for the Streamlight 74301 Strion LED Flashlight with AC/12-Volt DC and 1-Holder, Black!

Published on October 11, 2010 by ppmd

3.0 out of 5 stars Decent holster
Published 14 months ago by Michael Nguyen

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect fit for Streamlight Strion LED, October 11, 2010

I have been looking for a non-velcro light holster that can be easily removed from the belt for the Strion LED and this one fits the bill perfectly. The clip does not scratch or damage my dress pants. The base that attaches to the belt is slightly wide (which takes a bit of belt real estate) but provides a very very stable platform which holds the flashlight retention mechanism. The base also adjusts to varying belt widths, so you can wear your tactical Instructor's Belt or wider with perfect fit.

The light retention portion is very versatile. If needed, the light retention portion can be tilted (canted) to make it more comfortable when you sit down or to help you with the "draw" of your light. It captures the flashlight in a very positive fashion when holstered, so there is no mistaking that your light is in the seated and locked position on the holster. This can be done by feel, similar to drawing and reholstering a gun, with ease. I use the holster with the lens portion facing down, which is the intended light position for this holster.

The design of the holster makes the protective portion extend out away from the body a bit more than the convention Denier nylon / velcro holsters, so you will have to accommodate your movement accordingly to minimize contact of the holster with your surroundings.

I do not work in any sort of law enforcement capacity, but do frequently use the light for other purposes. It's amazing the number of times one uses a light when it's so readiy available - certainly more than one needs a knife or gun.

Update 5/30/2011:

This flashlight holster is still holding up perfectly cosmetically and functions just as well after DAILY use and wear for the last 6 months. It seems like the price has come down a bit as well - a bonus for those who purchase now. I do not use the rubber retention band (removed the first day I got the holster). I wish there are other similarly constructed Blackhawk holsters which can accommodate other flashlights. This holster is a winner in my book and I will continue to wear it daily until / if it breaks.

Update 1/24/2014:

The holster is still working perfectly both functionally and cosmetically. I still wear it every day with my Strion LED attached to it. I wish everything I own works this well and lasts this long after daily use.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Secure and Durable, September 15, 2011
I use the Blackhawk Gladius Flashlight Holder with MOD-U-Lok Attachment in conjunction with my BlackHawk® Night Ops Gladius(tm) Illumination Tool, COYOTE TAN. It is made from very durable material that will hold up to daily use and abuse. I have had mine for about 5 years and it has functioned flawlessly. Although I use it for the Gladius this holster will work on any flashlight that has a 1.25" diameter bezel and a 1" diameter body.

The Mod-U-Lok belt mounting attachment system allows you to easily remove this unit from your belt without having to remove accessories off of a duty belt or personal belt. This saves a lot of time and inconvenience especially if you are in a rush. You also have the ability to allow the holder to be mounted at various angles for easier flashlight deployment depending on your needs or gear set up. The flashlight can be positioned horizontally, vertically or at an angle. I have also used this holder to mount the flashlight on to some of my Maxpedition packs that have MOLLE attachments. The one big drawback that I have is that the Blackhawk Gladius Flashlight Holder is not low profile and is a bit bulky especially when attached to MOLLE gear.

The holder comes with a retention strap for added security but I removed it simply because it is not needed and becomes an inconvenience if you are using your flashlight often. The holder will secure your flashlight and there is a very remote chance that it would come out without your knowledge as it is securely held in place. Once a year I recommend that you tighten the Phillips screws that attach the base plate to the holder just to make sure that it doesn't come loose. I tighten mine once a year and the screws are usually very secure and tight but it is always a good idea to perform some routine maintenance on your gear to ensure that it continues function.

The Blackhawk Gladius Flashlight Holder is strong, durable and has lasted me a long time without any problems. My only gripe about this holder is that it is a bit on the bulky side but this is in no way a deal breaker.

3.0 out of 5 stars Decent holster, September 10, 2013
Michael Nguyen (San Diego, CA USA) - See all my reviews
This is a pretty decent holster. After owning this for about a year and a half now it is evident that it is rugged and can take a beating. My only problem with this holster is the rubberband used to help secure the flashlight. This band broke after about half a year. After this my light kept slipping out of the holster in my car. Because I use a filter on my light I have to store it in the bezel up position. In this position there is nothing really restricting the movement of the flight.

So if you are storing your light in the bezel down position this is a great holster.
If you are storing it in the bezel up position, I would highly recommend another holster, such as the Brite Strike BTL.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Light Down Holder, April 6, 2013
I use this Holder with the Streamlight Strion LED HL. It works great and is very secure. I have not used the rubber strap from day one and have never had a problem with my light staying in securely. The light down design is great for protecting the lens. The belt attachment device is nice and sturdy and allows for multiple belt widths without play once its attached to the belt. Another great Blackhawk product.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for everyday use, December 15, 2009
I use this product everday. I remove and replace my flashight from the holder at least 10 times a day. I bought the holder and quickly removed the rubber retainer strap. I am usually wearing goves which makes it hard to quickly unbuckle and remove the flashlight. The resistance the holder itself applies to the flashlight is more than adequate. I am climbing in and out of tight places and jumping up and down constantly. I have yet to have my flash light fall out. I like the fact that this holder doesn't use any type of nylon or velcro. Those types of holders only last me about 6 months, if I'm lucky. It also gives you the option to use it on a 2" LEO tactical belt or a smaller dress belt. I've only used this one for about 2 months, but I've had absoulutly no problems. I recommend this product to anyone who needs a good quality holder for their flash light. Just make sure your light fits before you buy it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great holder for my Streamlight, January 20, 2012
I bought this light holder at a local retail store. I removed the rubber strap almost immediately after reading some of these reviews. I love this holder. I carry it on my duty belt and have occasionally carried it on my regular belt when I am off duty. I plan to buy another so I don't have to keep swapping it. I use it for my Streamlight Polytac LED, which is the best light for the money in my opinion. This holder can be canted, but mine is straight vertical.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great with a SureFire 6 PX Pro, September 26, 2012
D L (WA United States) - See all my reviews
This is one rugged flashlight carrier. The concern I had was how well would it grab and protect a flashlight other than the (awkwardly-named) "Gladius" for which it was designed.

Seems like another reviewer had mentioned that their other-branded light fit well, so I gave this one a try.

The SureFire 6 PX fits in there as though they were made for each other. To mount the light, place the bezel into the lower cup and then rotate the flashlight body inward into the upper clamp, which snaps on and holds snugly. Fast and quiet.

There is a thin rubber insert on the inside of the bezel-cup and on its outside rim that provides some protection to the flashlight finish, a nice quality touch. A drain-hole for rain or melting snow is another professional feature I appreciate.

The little rubber retaining strap is removable, I suppose it may be a handy thing for lights with a smaller-than optimum body diameter- but was not necessary for the 6PX so I removed it.

Pros:
+Tough material
+Holds the SureFire 6PX snugly but allows for quick deployment
+Mod-U-Lok allows placement and removal from belts without taking the other gear off
+The Mod-U-Lok is worth about 3/4 of the price of the carrier by itself(!)
+Thoughtful design protects the bezel and glass of your light
+Bezel-Down carry
+Fast to deploy and re-holster without looking
+Removable retaining strap
+Could be mounted on other Blackhawk platforms such as pancake mount
+Great Bang-For-Buck value, should last years
+No velcro so is quiet on deployment

Cons:
-Like many Blackhawk products, it sits out about 1/3" from the mounting system, so not as low-profile as some carry methods

Other thoughts:
The Mod-U-Lok needs some careful filing on the tab so that normal-strength humans can remove it when its new.
Doesn't blend in well with civilian-type clothes, really looks like what it is, duty gear

Conclusion: Very pleased, will use it for years.

5.0 out of 5 stars Blackhawk Gladius Flashlight Holder, August 15, 2012
After using nearly ever leather/nylon flashlight holder under the sun for the scores of different flashlights I've used on my duty belt over the years, I've finally found a combination that has somehow excited me. Prior to this, I figured it would be impossible to have any sort of emotional reaction to any light holster, but this one does the trick.

It holds my OLight M205 perfectly. No noisy velcro, and no snaps to bother with. There's just enough tension on the barrel clamps to hold my light seemingly as securely as any enclosed pouch would and, because my light is at the very upper limit of the dimensions the Gladius will accept, there's no need for the rubber strap (though I DO use it when I'm not being particularly active with my light). Daily, I walk through narrow spaces and thick brush, and I've never had the sense that my light was in any kind of danger of dislodging itself from the holster.

As a bonus, this is far more inexpensive than these types of things normally are.

One complaint and a caveat:

A couple reviewers have mentioned its bulkiness and I'll concur. This is definitely not low profile, so look elsewhere if that matters to you.

Also, this is for those among us that might be too quick with the Buy it Now button...make sure your flashlight is within the range of dimensions Blackhawk lists in the description. There are many flashlights that will fit, but if you're rocking something like a Streamlight PT2L, you're going to come away disappointed (or you'll be purchasing a new light that WILL fit).

*edit 10/18*

Of course, the rubber strap broke after a few weeks. My light snaps in solidly, but it WILL dislodge (contrary to my initial impression) if I knock it around a bit. Now, it's a cheaper light than some, but I'm not trying to donate my $80 light to the environment so I fixed that little issue by chaining a pair of #12 o-rings together and running them through the stock attachment points where the flimsy strap used to live. It works perfectly and I'm no longer worried about being caught in the dark without my light. Still happy with the holster and did not change my rating due to the strap issue.

3.0 out of 5 stars Great Look But Not Very Secure, August 10, 2012
This holder has a very sleek, neat, bulky look, but it's not very secure. If your line of work is very physical, I don't recommend this product. The thin rubber strap that helps keep the flashlight in place tore after two weeks of use. I had high hopes it would work for me, but it really doesn't. Without the rubber strap, your flashlight can easily get caught in something and pulled out. I've already dropped my new $100 Strion Streamlight four times because of this. Overall, it's a good product, but I don't recommend it to those who constantly run, jump, climb, or carry heavy gear over their shoulder.

5.0 out of 5 stars Repeating what other reviews have said, January 24, 2011
G. Kohl (Grigg Heights) - See all my reviews
A perfect fit for the Streamlight Strion LED. I also removed the rubber retainer strap since the Streamlight snaps firmly into the holder and I too wear gloves. Also the flashlight holder firmly grips the belt after being attached to the utility belt. Helps stop that belt attachments creep about.

Another fine Blackhawk product!

Blackhawk Flashlight Holder With Mod-U-Lok Attachment